Bristol Farms Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Enviroment
Assistant Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Rolling Hills, CAJuly 11, 2018
The whole atmosphere is family oriented. All the management staff really make sure you feel welcome in the store. Most of the customers are highly educated professionals.
Pros
Good Vives
Cons
The customer are a little hing end than you're regular supermaket
Typical Retail Job
Food Service Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
More structured but still laid back for a retail job. There is room for advancement if you apply yourself. Health benefits are expensive but good and worth it.
Poor management
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2018
Employees would rather just talk and stand around than work. Management puts to much pressure on you to finish work in a very short time spand. They don't ever thank you for a job well done.
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Very small store. Hard to move around.
Relaxed inviroment. Good co-workers
Meat cutter/clerk (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAMay 14, 2018
Nice place to work. Near the beach so customers are relaxed and sometimes celebity customers. Very high market with extrodnay meats, cheeses, wine and spirits..great deli and restaurant cafe inside market.
Pros
Relaxed place to work. Celebrity's come in store
Cons
Long time for moving up in ranks
Good
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2018
Relaxed fun, of course customers arent always the nicest. Other than that cool relaxed people. Managers were nice, very on point about everything. I would reccomend to a freind.
Pros
%50 off food and drinks
Cons
short breaks long standing periods
Stressfull place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2018
Hardworking people aren't appreciated. Low wages for lots of work! Employees are overworked, exhausted and unhappy. Moody coworkers. Stressful environment. Some of the employees are nice to work with.
Cons
Disrespectful.
Eh
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 8, 2018
Bristol farms is a decent company. Obviously after 4 years of employement here and no career improvements for me it’s not something I would want to pursue.
Bristol farms
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 1, 2018
noneUnderstand and interpret service bulletins, maintenance manuals and other specifications to ascertain the feasibility and techniques of replacing or repairing faulty or damaged components
Examine finished work to guarantee that maintenance work attains standards and that aircrafts are prepared for operations
Take care of repair logs and document all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance activities
Organize conventional and special examinations as necessitated by standard regulations
Look out for invisible cracks in fuselage, hydraulic units, oxygen systems, rigging, gaskets, electrical systems, seals, and distortions.
Great Place to Work
VINTAGE WINE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 1, 2018
You'll meet and work with amazing food and wine specialists- and you'll meet many interesting customers from around the world.

The team is very friendly and helpful.
Great place to work, very fun!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 30, 2018
My experience with Bristol Farms has been great. I've met a lot of new people, everyone is very friendly. The only tough part is having hours cut, I found out many people there have a second job for that reason.
All About Location
Cake Decorator/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAApril 9, 2018
Grocery store environment. My location was great. the store is newly remodeled which made the work area feel great. The people there are friendly and nice. The management team is great too but is different with each department. My bakery team was great. They are very accommodating with your schedule. Other store locations differ.
Pros
accommodating with request days off and discounts
Cons
health care is a bit pricy
With a Relaxed Job Culture Comes Poor Management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
Although the experience at Bristol Farms is fairly relaxed, and enjoyable at times, this comes at the price of having a very disconnected, micro-managing, management. You can only progress with the company if you're willing to work beyond your means/wage, or you have a personal relationship with corporate. You begin the job, thinking it's a great work environment, because of how relaxed the whole vibe is. Then, you realize what price you pay to work in that environment. Very obvious bias at a few of the locations within management. The motto is "An extraordinary food store", and the management likes to reaffirm in the employee how relevant that is, EVEN THOUGH they're not willing to PAY for "extraordinary" employees. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking to advance, or even live comfortably in the expensive area's the stores are located in.
Pros
Literally, nothing.
Cons
inadequate compensation; micro-managing; favoritism/bias
My experiences
Check out (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAMarch 18, 2018
Working at Bristol was fun at first. Employees were fun to be around and customers were a joy also. But management is vile and will treat you how they want. They will belittle you and humiliate you without worry.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
very stressful
Produce Clerk chop shop (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2018
Very stressful job very demanding sometimes you get overtime I use to work in the deli dept when I first started did not like it very demanding Move to produce department
Pros
Got medical dental insurance
Cons
people call in alot
One of my most favorite companies to work for
STORE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  SFMarch 8, 2018
The company was in a culture shift when I left going in such a great direction for all employees. I had a great experience overall in my director role. Advancement is always available in the southern region. They want to develop within and create leaders in the industry. Bristol Farms is well run operationally and continues to grow and develop. Work Hard SPEAK UP embrace the change and culture.
Pros
Advancement, Development
Cons
Worklife Balance
competitive with high end groeery stores
Floral Designer / Housewares Manager (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Very hi end grocery store tailored to meet the needs and lifestyle of the consumers for that area that the store is located. Every store is different in a way of merchandising not the manner of how the store is run. Very enjoyable to work at. Loved dealing with customer service and pulling other employees and department managers together to merchandise products to please the consumer as well as profit the company.
Pros
work environment very clean
Cons
bigger discounts and food bar
Love my job and location
Barista - Server - Caterer - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2018
I loved my job and my co-workers, and daily customers. The company offered excellent benefits and employee discounts. I also loved the location, great town to work in.
Fast pace environment
Labeler/ packer (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 13, 2018
This job is a great first job but management sucks and supervisors are un fair. They only give u part time work at times a few hours extra but overall this has to be one of the worst jobs I have ever had !
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Great location. Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I cashiered there for about 4 months. At first it was ok but as the months went on, I was annoyed with how my manager had promised me a different position.
Pros
Meet different tourists, great location
Cons
Rude coworkers
Efficient, beneficial and educational towards my career path.
BAKERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2018
A typical day at work as a bakery clerk, was being responsible for customer service, product presentation, baking cookies and baguettes as needed, re-working any items for the following day, using the FIFO method, decorating fruit tarts, cupcakes, cake pops, and dipping strawberries into chocolate.
Packaged items required an assembly line of the product, followed by packaging product into a clam-shell or plastic bag. When dealing with clam-shell packaging, it would also require an air tight ceramic wrap. Once finished, items would have to be priced by weight or price and must be displayed on sales floor.
Pros
Received an opportunity to work in their bakery department.