Bristol Hospital
56Below average

Bristol Hospital Employee Reviews

United States116 reviews
If you are not a nurse they dont care thats the only thing I hate its all about a pay check when we are here to do the same thing but if your not on that level they look down on you as if your nothing and not appreciated
job has clicks. Lost a couple of good nurses because other nurses made the work environment uncomfortable, as an aid that sucks to know what nurses go above beyond and then lose them to nasty attitudes.
Pros
Night shift aids all amazing to work with
Cons
witnessing unprofessionalism from management, speaking about other workers
This particular department has so much toxicity amoung 14 people that it’s super stressful.
Also there’s no appreciation just people

Out to get one another and the pto is not good
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work if you want to work with a bunch of people who don't like to actually work and do their job right. And also i had medical notes stating not to over do it and my boss didnt care.
Homecare department is cohesive and supportive of staff and patients. Homecare manager goes above and beyond for her staff. Outpatient therapy manager does not.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Coworkers made the job very difficult. No support received for problem solving of technical issues associated with the telemetry and computer systems. Poor team effort during activation of rapud response. Older nurses were unsupportive of newly hired and travellers. No Resource Nurses available to assist with patient care procedures and difficult IV insertions during night shifts.
Management is the worst they talk about you behind your back! They don't handle situations in a professional manner instead they will gossip about you with other co workers. Favoritism is very big at this hospital avoid by any means necessary.
They were always short staffed, I was constantly on call. I be game burnt out too quickly, compensation wasn’t even that great. Friendly coworkers how are management wasn’t the best.
Unless you have been there for years you are judged harshly. No performance reviews, will let people go based on hearsay. Management and HR are not in sync with each other
Pros
Nice grounds outside
Cons
No breaks, no evaluations in order to correct issues if they exist
Off site employees often forgotten employees not in the hospital building don’t get heard as much as those in the building off site departments are more isolated
Bristol Hospital is a great place to work. In terms of moving up in the ladder, if you're not "part of the click", it's very hard to move up. Pay is fair. Management is great and want you to do your best and have you be successful and they are very supportive.
Pros
free lunches, sense of self worth, good patient satisfaction
Cons
Hard to go up the ladder, somewhat clicky.
Out patient facility is diverse and dynamic, a great group of PTs! Everyone gets along extremely well and comradery is prevalent and ongoing. Diverse skills and inter staff support makes for a great atmosphere to expand skills and knowledge. Also very diverse patient population spanning children to community dwelling elderly and plenty of post operative.
supervisor had someone spying on everyone else in the department to make sure people were doing what they were supposed to be doing, which is wrong! She would send her private messages to this employee, TALKING to her about OTHER employees in the department!!!!!
I would not recommend working here. Staff will not support you and will talk behind your back and make up stories. Dated equipment with poor innovation techniques. Therapists are not held as an important key in the team descision making.
Detailed monthly work flow, with many reports generated and reviewed.
Good interaction with managers and upper management personnel.

Enjoyed the staff/co-workers.
Not a great place to work, poor management, no flexibility, poor starting pay when compared to other hospitals, managers difficult to work for, poor communication amount staff
I volunteered here for my extern at school, very nice place to be at. Everyone is friendly and it isn't fast passed so it is easy to learn new things.
Excellent place to work with respectful employees and management. They really care about you and the patient population they serve. Expect to work hard but you will feel part of a team that is very positive. Best place I ever worked and would highly recommend it.
They do not pay enough, all they do is complain no matter how hard you work. You overwork yourself there, they give you the workload of multiple people by yourself.
I had a few bad jobs that were very stressful and demanding. But working at Bristol Hospital you ache you’re depressed you feel as though they don’t appreciate you at all. Sometimes I go home and cry like what did I get myself into. But the reality is that they paint a pretty picture to get you in here. T. I don’t advisanyone to work here.you
I worked for the company for a whole year and when I advanced my education I was not given the opportunity to practice. Made it seem as though working your way up the ladder is nearly impossible.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9