Bristol Hospital logo
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100Below average

Bristol Hospital Employee Reviews

United States131 reviews

micromanagement

it's probably a disease that has infiltrated all of healthcare, but micromanagement is the problem with this organization. what used to be a personal, family-type environment for providers and patients alike is now taken over by "quality" measures and constant push to increase volume. despite that, the organization does exert effort to recognize physician involvement in decision making, and is flexible enough to negotiate on contracts, etc. which is virtually impossible in all the big healthcare system-run groups.

Pros

flexibility, opportunities for career advancement

Cons

lack of well trained support staff, micromanagement by admin

PCA Loved it there!

I was at Bristol Hospital for nearly two years and loved it there! If I had room for growth I would of stood and retired there (I’m in LPN school not RN). No complaints, excellent staff, decent pay and everyone worked well together.

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Short breaks

My co-workers , and Supervisor!

Working at Bristol Hospital is a family oriented atmosphere. Most workers stay long term . All workers get along . Every one who works here may have a chance to be recognized for their outstanding performance, which can lead to the employee of the year !

Pros

Acknowledgment of staff

Cons

Need company car for techs to go out to nursing homes

A very fun and productive company to work for

I would recommend Bristol Memorial Hospital to anyone. Good and loving staff. Believe UN teamwork. We also received awards for a job well done and extra money. We get to have our food deliver in time lunch and that goes for each floor you working on. We have to be flexible. We have good clients and residents that sre so nice and kind....

Pros

Awards, cash, and free lunches

Cons

Be on your feet st all times and be ready for just about anything

Support

Bristol Hospital supports their nurses and staff in many ways, either advancing education or changes to the nursing practice. Our voices are heard here and you have the comfort of knowing physicians and other departments with a small community hospital. I highly recommend starting a career here.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Significant Improvement Needed

Staff is overworked, constant staff shortages, staff can be rude and abrasive to each other. Communication is extremely poor and at times unprofessional. There are some excellent staff members and doctors, those people will likely look for work elsewhere.

Pros

Some good, hardworking staff

Cons

Overworked staff, staff shortages, management needs work

Supportive environment, good staff

The hospital is a great place to work. It's small enough that management really cares for it's employees and you feel appreciated and supported. The benefits are outstanding.

Pros

Benefits are great

Cons

Parking is not great right now due to construction

Nice coworkers and decent pay

Overall pleasant and funny work environment. Short staffing is an issue. Sometimes respect is not paid where it is due but that is typical in any field.

Pros

Nice workers, great starter facility for new grads, advancement opportunities

Cons

Short break, under staffed, not always supported/helped by RN

Over worked underpaid

They try to get you to continuously overwork your self by offering a few extra bucks on top of your pay. No respect for work/life balance it causes the employees to be burned out.

Pros

Extra money if you need it

Cons

Short breaks

Poor environment

Poor environment, no diversity, no effective resources, would not recommend at all, there are better place for job opportunities, poor management and they do not pay your PTO

Very irresponsible during pandemic

Bristol hospital did a very poor job in letting their PCAs feel appreciated and safe during the pandemic. We work 12 hour shifts and they bought us pizzas mostly and in the summer they gave us reusable straws to thank us for our hard work during that heavy period even though we worked extremely short staffed because so many were afraid to come to work or quit. We got no hazard pay and were always the last to know about proper PPE because “PCAs are not Nurses”.

Pros

12 hour shifts

Cons

Short breaks

Busy work environment

Bristol Hospital is a great place to work. It is great if you like to keep busy. I would definitely recommend people to apply for employment here.

Small community hospital with inclusive feel

Employees are kind and inclusive. The focus is on quality care for the patients but Leadership values the culture of the workplace also. The hospital struggles to maintain staffing but this seems to match other hospitals in the area.

Pros

free parking

Cons

health care benefits

Good work environment

Company didn't support me during a very stressful period of my life. After dealing with my issue, was not able to be rehired. Because of this, I became homeless.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Support

Horrible place to work

Not only does the CEO have no idea how to run a financially stable organization, he lashes out at employees for his stupidity! Bristol Health wants you to bust you butt while paying you subpar rates. They pretend to be a close nit family but will jump at the chance to blame you for their inadequacies. This organization has gone through MANY CFOs, this is an indication of a poor CEO. Hopeless organization unless leadership changes from the top down.

Pros

Cons

Horrible CEO

Job hack clicks

job has clicks. Lost a couple of good nurses because other nurses made the work environment uncomfortable, as an aid that sucks to know what nurses go above beyond and then lose them to nasty attitudes.

Pros

Night shift aids all amazing to work with

Cons

witnessing unprofessionalism from management, speaking about other workers

Toxic department

This particular department has so much toxicity amoung 14 people that it’s super stressful.Also there’s no appreciation just peopleOut to get one another and the pto is not good

Pros

Hours

Cons

Everything else

Bristol hospital

Great place to work if you want to work with a bunch of people who don't like to actually work and do their job right. And also i had medical notes stating not to over do it and my boss didnt care.

Excellent homecare therapy manager

Homecare department is cohesive and supportive of staff and patients. Homecare manager goes above and beyond for her staff. Outpatient therapy manager does not.

No teamwork, no inclusion in nursing culture

Coworkers made the job very difficult. No support received for problem solving of technical issues associated with the telemetry and computer systems. Poor team effort during activation of rapud response. Older nurses were unsupportive of newly hired and travellers. No Resource Nurses available to assist with patient care procedures and difficult IV insertions during night shifts.

Avoid this place management is unprofessional

Management is the worst they talk about you behind your back! They don't handle situations in a professional manner instead they will gossip about you with other co workers. Favoritism is very big at this hospital avoid by any means necessary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bristol Hospital with