Broadband Express, LLC Employee Reviews

Not enough pay
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MI 48858April 16, 2019
This place is good to make friends but if you want to work more than 50 hrs a week and not make enough money to support your family or yourself than Broadband Express.
Pros
its a job
Cons
Pay
Keep it moving
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 4, 2019
6 levels of pay which you will never get past level 3 piece work. Average 5$ hour OT is a mathematical equation. Great to get some experience if your just learning.
Pros
Earn experience
Cons
Everything else
Terrible, just terrible
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJanuary 16, 2019
I would not recommend working here for anyone. They want you to waste all your time with little to no compensation for it. Most days I would close 2 jobs and sit around all day, keep in mind you leave a house with no more than $40 and that's with the highest paying tier. Most mornings I drive and hour to a job then end the day driving an hour back, they do not pay for drive time. The supervisors have no communication skills and the site manager is useless. Don't come here!
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Everything else
Looking for people with no life
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 5, 2018
Worked started at 5 am, load truck by 7am. Might change route without much notice. Driving and waiting for jobs more then working. Spectrum hates contractors so we do all the worse jobs. Inspections are ridiculous, but if you like working till 9pm for 30 hours of pay sign right up. I moved out of state for them and still no different in Ohio, the company only cares about money they make, got screwed on many DTA PROJECTS. Keep moving look for something internal, this company doesn't want workers they want slaves..
Pros
Truck
Cons
You work too hard for the money
Long hours and not enough time to do jobs
Technician (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHSeptember 23, 2018
Dont even think about applying here. This is the most unorganized, low pay, no life job I have ever worked for. They completely RIP off the techs when it comes to money. Stay away from this place because all it does is lie and get your Hope's up for nothing. This whole place needs flipped. 70hrs a week? There overtime pay isn't anything! Stay away
Pros
Company truck
Cons
No life, low pay
This place is stuck in 1960
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 22, 2018
The owners of this place treat people like cattle. The abuse the techs take is unbelievable. The work environment is filthy (they are to cheap to hire a cleaner). Outdated equipment and software that fails often and (if you can believe this) NO I.T. department or anyone around who knows how to fix things. Management makes bad decisions that cost big money then expect everyone to tighten their budgets to make up for it. The company handbook has been “being rewritten” for about 5 years now. Payroll is always messed up. Upper management lies right to your face and acts like it’s an acceptable business practice. After all this they sit around wondering why they can’t get and keep employees. Clueless outdated business practices are sending this place down the tubes. Save yourself the aggravation and don’t even bother with this dinosaur.
Pros
None that were company related
Cons
Too many to list here
Bad pay long hours
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 25, 2018
Don't work here or you WILL REGRET IT. You are better off at Walmart or McDonald's, you ou will not make any money or see your family if you work here. You start at 7am and get home around 9 or 10 pm. You don't get paid hourly and will have to wait 1-3 hours on hold with spectrum multiple times per day because you're equipment won't work. They force you to clock out when driving from job to job and some jobs can be over 2 hours away followed by another 2 hours to your next job.
Challenge
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 1, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this as a first job, it's not for everybody. It's highly stressful, draining and you're always on the road. I wouldn't recommend unless you enjoy a challenge.
No life
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 6, 2018
If you like to work 70 hours a week and get paid for 25-30 this is the job for you. Yes you get a company cell phone a truck and a gas card but it’s still not enough for the average person to live on. You will be lucky to take home 85-300 a week after taxes and other deductions. Like I said 70 hours a week for that pay? False advertisement for the add you don’t bring home that kind of money until you have been here for 4 or more years and they can’t seem to get payroll correct ever, always a issue weekly and promised the next week and never see it.
If you have a family you will never see them. You only have one day off. Your routing area is well over an hour away and you don’t get paid for that. Dispatch is a joke you spend more time waiting for work then you do actually working. Just be aware. All it is, is a money game to them. They hire anyone off the streets. I didn’t even make a grand a month so like I said the add is a lie.
Pros
Cons
No family life
Do not work here
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2018
Very low pay for work, very long hours, little to no days off, benefits aren't good, training isn't the best either, and overall just a bad place to work.
You fight manager & customers
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 24, 2018
Continually changing pay structure. You never know if what you're telling the customer is correct or not management Says tell them this. You constantly feel like you are lying to the customer. Why cannot management just give you a straight answer as far as this is what the customer can expect. Bully atmosphere
Worst Place Ever
Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Ever since Spectrum took over they not even telling us what we get paid even when ask management says "I don't know" I work long hours with a gross of only 400$ a week cant even feed my family
Bbx
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJanuary 22, 2018
The managers where rude and treated there techs horribly worked long hrs for small pay could be good company if they treated trucks better and didn’t have such long hrs to work 6 days a week
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Pay
deceptive
Technician (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJanuary 19, 2018
lie about monies making long hours less pay dash cam is a joke Mangement is a joke like to meet outside of nothing good about this place just mre decep
Terrible place to work.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 10, 2018
They lie to you and say you will make $600-$1000 a week "easily". The highest paid employee that worked there was making $500 a week working 12 plus hours everyday with no breaks. During training the company says they take breaks very seriously but as soon as you get to the field you won't get any. They over book you so you hardly have any time to do the work they expect. When there is a problem at the other end of things you have to call in and sometimes wait a few hours on hold at a job for something you didn't mess up. Since you had to wait so long on hold you had to have them take jobs off you which takes money from you for someone else's mess up. I worked 35 hours one week and made $129 total because of hold times. Would NOT recommend.
Trash
Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 13, 2017
I am a current employee and I am very disappointed. Pay is up and down and very inconsistent with work. This job has potential just unorganized. I believe next week will be my final days. Good luck to everyone who applies cause you won't see your family.
Pros
Work truck
Cons
Pay, Hours, Overworked
Bad Subcontractor for Spectrum
Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 7, 2017
Do not waste your time here. As a new hire you're required to do 6 weeks of training before you are on your own. I was given 1.5 weeks before I was sent on my own. When asking about returning to training my manager would respond with frustration, as if I was in the wrong. And ultimately, never answering my question. So, I left for another opportunity.
Pros
You get your own truck
Cons
Pay, hours, equipment, training, supervising staff
pay is decent if you don't have a family or hobbies
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 2, 2017
extremely long hours, no home time. okay pay.stressful work. many days you don't get lunch even with working more than 12 hour shifts.
communication is pretty decent as long as you try. the supervisors try to act like they care but if they had more employees the wouldn't think twice about getting rid of you.
Pros
somewhat decent pay, company truck, company phone
Cons
no breaks. long days, could pay more.
Work.
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 9, 2017
If you like being working long hours this is for you, have pretty much no time at home because you'll work on average 10 hours per day which leaves no time for anything else
overworked, flat rate, peace work
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 25, 2017
high turnover rate, worked there 2 years through 3 different project managers and about 5 supervisors. Made some money but also worked 60 to 70 hrs a week. Bare minimum overtime pay. Overrall, the company does not take the best care of you.
Pros
Company vehicle, company phone, Larger weekly paychecks at times, 36 to 46 thousand a year
Cons
short to no breaks, 6 days a week, inconsistent hours and pay