Broadcom Employee Reviews

Used to a good palce
SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER/PRINCIPAL/SENIOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
Used to a good place to work. Not anymore. Cut cost for everything. Less R&D. Pay is good compare to other companies. Company main goal is make wall street happy.
Disguised US base
Engineer Principal (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 16, 2018
Not a goal oriented but a Typical Profit based company with no long term vision. No job security even for best performers. It is a name sake US based company moving verticals to offshore just based on zero threshold. No centralized goals for the company to move on. It is mostly based on the immediate supervisor dictatorship. Not a great place to work.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
No Long Term Vision or Security
test and troubleshoot cell phones and tablets in test departmen
Electrical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 13, 2018
At Broadcom my position is a test technician. I test and troubleshoot cell phones and tablets in test department. It was very interested on my job between employees and test supervisor
Pros
free drink
Cons
15' break every 2 hour working
Good
Wet Etch Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 5, 2018
Proven ability in development, implementation and improvement of Wet Etch, Wet Strip, Wet Clean, Flux Reflow, and Thin Film deposition equipment and process solution into wafer semiconductor manufacturing environment with high volume production.
This was an amazing company to work for!
Executive Assistant to VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2018
If I could experience this type of work environment and culture all over again then I would do it in a second. Everyone there was so dedicated and loved what they did. When I first started there I was a receptionist which I loved. Being the first impression of the company such a great fit for me. At the end of my time there I assisted the V.P. of Operations. All duties within my career at Broadcom were truly valued and I learned so much from all my years there.
Pros
Great work culture/environment
Not as much freedom for marketer
Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2018
Broadcom is a company that focuses very much on their engineering and technical aspects. As someone who is coming from a business background I found it difficult at times to share my creativity.
N/a
IOT Consultant, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 24, 2018
I worked here as a project consultant through my affiliated business school. Therefore I don't have enough insight to rank or give comments on the culture, management, etc.
Expert and Nice People to work with
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 17, 2018
Leaning towards shareholders benefit only. Reduced investment in R&D. Help the industry by investing in R&D and broadening ecosystem by helping new companies.
Cost cutting
Staff QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 9, 2018
Cost cutting is the highest priority for the company, at the expense of productivity and time savings for the employees. Free tools are used instead of tools that cost money.
No moving up in the company
Wafer Thinning Technician (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PASeptember 1, 2018
Place use to be real great to work at until new management made some decisions that’s caused the workflow to be very slow. Several Supervisors suck up to get ahead . Hard work is not recognized only sucking up. Management in general is a mess no communication and rules are made up after events occur. Most perks that we had are gone and not coming back. Promises of moving up in the company are never really considered .
Pros
Relaxed environment, good pay
Cons
Management, No incentives for working above and beyond .
I work with a great team within Broadcom
Demand Planner and Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 23, 2018
Working with Broadcom has been very challenging. The best part of the work is with the great team within Broadcom. They make it worth it to go to work everyday.
Decent work environment
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 19, 2018
My experience was prior to the Avago acquisition, things have likely changed since then. Recommend looking into the CEO's currently take on IT before committing to this company. Entire IT budget was slashed by 50% with multiple layoffs which was major reason I left this company.
Was A Great Place to Work
Sr. IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 17, 2018
Broadcom was a very good place to work. IT Management was great. I liked remote work and work-life balance environment. However, I am not sure how much it has been changed since Avago took over the company.
Pros
work-life balance
Excellent place to work
Senior Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2018
Fast paced environment with incentives. Management as well as colleagues willing to assist at any given time. Very rewarding in terms of "being part of the team", being a part of a growing company.
Pros
Excellent bonus program
Cons
Cut throat, fast paced, stressful
Positive experience
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 10, 2018
This corporation gave interesting problems to solve on a daily basis. It was a fast paced work place with a great team to work for. Never had the same problem to solve over and over.
Fast paced and never boring!
R&D Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 7, 2018
Overall the Broadcome R&D proto lab offers a wide veriety of equipment and processes to become better acquainted with. The company challenges you to learn what they do and to build on it with what you learn.
Pros
lunch on campus and good team.
Cons
at times it could be a little demanding on short notice.
Poor management leaves you unmotivated and guessing
Senior IC Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 6, 2018
There is only one good thing about Broadcom, your compensation.

Otherwise, Broadcom is a poor place to work. Broadcom does not invest in new technologies. They make money on old technologies. So you will find yourself working on dinosaur projects that are too heavy and clumsy to change. Managers don't communicate. Managers don't motivate or compliment. It's a demoralizing place to work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Opportunity
My division was let shutdown
Sr. Director of Server Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2018
The server business was a great idea to enter, but they cancelled the project and let all the good people go.

Let Intel and Qualcomm take all the profit.....
Pros
Great facilities and programs
Cons
short term focused
Equipment Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 15, 2018
Management allows engineering to work through problems and provide robust solutions. Performance is recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career advancement. Good work life balance and great compensation & benefits.
Good Pay, unpredictable work load
operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 24, 2018
Great place to work but once business slows down they will start cutting any temp workers. Company cracks down on attendance more than work ethic. as long as you show up, the company is happy. If you work here I highly suggest that you always show up and don't work so hard that you burn yourself out and need to call in for mental health days, or your days here are numbered.
Pros
2 hours worth of breaks, easy job, good pay
Cons
job security is low, 12 hour shifts, shift rivalry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadcom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight