Broadcom
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Broadcom Employee Reviews

United States638 reviews

Challenging work, excellent coworkers, long hours

Broadcom is a challenging place to work where much is expected from you, but the compensation makes it worth it. One is expected to put in a considerable number of extra hours, but it is recognized when the customer is pleased by the work of an individual. I was able to hone skills in new areas as well as apply my many years of experience to the tasks given. The best part of the job was working with those around me in the office, all top notch professionals.

Pros

Compensation, great talented coworkers

Cons

Long hours, somewhat stressful scheduling

People are rude and mean

Working as an operator gave me a lot stress and anxiety I was never fully trained properly and had grown men who were my co workers yell and roll their eyes at me when asking for help good job on paper horrible culture and co worker experience

Broadcom insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Fun place to work and magement is excellent.

Fun place to work, work environment is easy to breath, friendly co-workers and excellent management. Feeling energized going to work, workload is self manage.

Fun work but culture sucks

Fun work but culture sucks . little room for moving up and people look down on you when your a noobie. only really pay attention to the top dogs of the place

Pros

hella break time

Cons

coworkers lol

Standard big American company

It's a pretty standard multinational American company. The benefits are better than you get at a smaller company at the expense of feeling like a line item on a spreadsheet. They're pretty good about promoting from within. They're very good at providing a very safe work environment. My only complaint really is that they should be more willing to let some terrible people go. Sometimes I feel like it's not possible for a bad employee to get fired, which hits the morale of the rest of us that have to carry the bad ones.

Good place to learn and grow

Good place to work. Culture here is very good from management to peers. Lots of moving parts. Promotion potential is very limited needs more upward mobility.

High Demand, Low Flexibility

Achieving goals is a priority while internally, there seems to be very little care for maintaining customer satisfaction. Little to no opportunity for advancement and work/life balance is a struggle. Management structure is lean and flat so if you do not have a good relationship with your immediate manager, you're going to be in a very difficult situation.

Potential to be great, but held back by management.

I worked at Broadcom as an operator. The shifts are 12 hours and that can be difficult at times, but the extra days off are also nice. My experience with Management/Supervisor was negative. Management definitely plays favorites and the culture and opportunities at this company reflect that. Supervisors take a lot of time off and some are not around the site as much as they should be. Your raises and opportunities for advancement are dependent on your Supervisor’s personal feelings and opinions, and not your experience or qualifications. Your reward for hard work and a job well done is more work and more responsibilities, even while understaffed. There was a wide belief that Supervision/Management did not have the team’s best interest as their intention. While this may not be the case with every area/supervisor, this was my personal experience. I believe the WSD Operations department would benefit a lot from more attention being paid to Supervisors and the morale and culture of the operators on their respective teams.

Pros

Days off, Discounted snacks and meals, Consistent schedule, Job is easy to learn, Long breaks, Good benefits

Cons

Poor management, Long hours, Favoritism, Toxic work environment at times, Benefits and rewards gradually taken away

Broadcom offers great compensation and flexible work hours. Co-workers and knowledgeable and friendly. Company emphasizes frugality in operating costs.

Good place to grow

They are very good at training new people and having patience with those that take more effort in preparing for perfection on the job. Direct management gives good feedback and is willing to help you grow.

Broadcom doesn’t care about its employees

Broadcom is a mediocre employer. Upper management does not care about its employees and does not support individual professional development. Although technically they have a education reimbursement benefit, (up to $10,000) such requests are not approved. It seems as if they would rather have one stagnant in their role instead of investing what is considered chump change for a multi billion company, because despite the obvious benefits that go along with increasing one’s skillset, that would mean they would have to compensate the individual accordingly which they are too cheap to want to do. The only good things they offer is 401k matching and ESPP discount on its valuable stock. There is no company culture and it’s a total drag working here. They don’t even stock the break rooms with snacks/beverages like most other Silicon Valley tech employers do, so you’re either forced to bring your own food or go to their overpriced cafeteria which is only open until like 2pm. Also, despite the fact that most employees can perform their work remotely, they have required that everyone return to the office and monitors attendance. Overall this is a shady employer that regularly does lay offs, so if you do end up working here don’t expect any job security regardless of performance.

Pros

401k matching, Espp

Cons

Doesn’t care about employees or support professional development, no snacks or other useful amenities.

Totaly business not employee oriented

No reliance on job security. You are just an asset for as long as needed. Bottom line is what drives everything. There could be interesting projects but the time pressure to deliver doesn't really leave any room to enjoy the creativity of the work. Stock is good, though right now.

The only thing that matters is the stock price

Awful culture only focused on the bottom line.. no innovation and only boring software productsNew people coming into engineering at the ICB4 and 5 level will get very nice comp packages especially RSU

Pros

good RSUs if you are new to the company, health insurance very good

Cons

no wfh even during pandemic, spreadsheets and tracking for everything, old boys club from big blue.. lots of favoritism

Compensation is high, professionalism is low

Technically not doing, can work 3-4 Hrs a day but compensation is high. Work home balance is good. no real career opportunity.if your goal is to get somewhere with your career go to other place

Slow and as exciting as a turtle.

Understaffed, poor management, no chance for advancement. Poor communication of company/division goals and objectives as they relate to everyone's job.Differing opinions are not welcomed.

Pros

Bonus, some stock

Cons

Disorganized, no good long term planning, understaffed.

They don’t respect your time off

Dont allow work from home. Do t care if you took vacation expect you to he on call 24/7. Terrible input from management little to no direction on how to accomplish tasks

You are just a number

Good benefits, seems like good ol boys club, it really depends on who your manager is. I had a good manager but the company is all about making more money and doesn’t care about their employees, you are just a number.

Pros

Pay decent, good benefits

Cons

Too many to list

Dont come here as a temp worker

Today I was let go after only 3 days of training. Others were let go as well due to upper management having a "meeting" about their workers. None of us were involved in it. I received a phone call after my last training shift and was told not to return to my first 3rd shift. Between the agency I went through and LSI themselves someone has dropped the ball. Some misunderstanding of mandatory overtime that none of us was aware of. They let go a decent chunk of us out there. Most of us were hard workers including myself. I hit production goals by my third day of training. Do not come here. They don't care about you or your family. They don't care that people need a job during this difficult time. You are a number. The employees were great. The upper management could care less about you.

Pros

Great employees

Cons

management

good

good while it lasted, you hit a ceiling fairly early here, other competitors pay up to 9$ more per hour for this type of work, recommended for someone who just wants a job til retirement... free health insurance... free coffee for the 12hr shifts....which aren’t bad, i always got home with plenty of energy

Pros

ffree health care, free coffee, 4 and 3 day weekends

Cons

everyone is mostly retirement age, set in their ways etc

Ruthless

I worked at this company for only a short while and was treated horribly. The supervisor I had hated me and acted like having made a couple jokes, the first being about the company hiring a social network CEO and then second about my name being funny. Neither of these jokes were meant as any type of inappropriate tidbit or anything, but they acted as though I had commit some serious type of crime or something.WHen you are initially hired it seems great and the training people have lots of humor and fun but then when you start working it becomes pretty viscious. The supervisor made it extremely clear that the person was not going to be "pals" with me. Extremely hostile and negative work environment. It's no wonder this is definitely a mediocre company, which much outdated technology and methods of execution. It would have been a modern company 2 or 3 decades ago, or even longer.

Cons

This company will lie just to get rid of people, The company doesn't care about people, treats itself like a hermit kingdom, THere's no getting ahold of HR and they are ruthless.

Pays well, improvements can be made but overall a decent place to work, good benefits

6% 401k match, stock participation plan, wish there were more perks for morale and team building, pays well and treats employees well, HSA insurance plan

Common questions about Broadcom

Answered by current and former employees at Broadcom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadcom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Broadcom.
Powered byComparably