Broadly

Broadly Reviews

United States21 reviews

Broadly insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment

Goo entry level company

During my tenure, it was evident that leadership only cared about the bottom-line. this was evident in the high turnover. Since then (2016) management/leadership has changed.

Ok

The job was ok but I felt I was doing work that wasn’t in my job title and was reported because it’s not my job I didn’t like that felt like I was always being targeted

Productive and Fun!

I love going into work at Broadly to see my co workers and to interact with them just for personal conversations or consulting about a client. Work life balance is great and PTOs are flexible.

The atmosphere is amazing and the built a great culture

They built a great work environment. I am starting next week and I am excited to join this family and help it continue to grow. The management team care about your success and is looking to help you improve.

Great Company - Tough Sales Gig

Honestly great company but you are on your own to get it done. 100 cold calls expected per/day and you need to do them to get to your quota. You have to scrape all your own leads and get creative. Can make a lot of money here or none. Great company but not exactly a career.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Usual Tech Start Up

It has its ups and downs. Too many changes in the upper management recently. Pro: Great benefits and compensation plan, decent base pay. Cons: Company politics, cherry picking sales reps when it comes down to big revenue generating warm leads.

Extremely Excited To Develop and Advance My Career with Broadly!

I had the best time getting to know more about Broadly’s team, culture and mission during the entire interview process. The team I spoke and interviewed with were very informative and very approachable. I had a great time! Changes in careers are never easy decisions to make. The entire team at Broadly not only made this decision an easier one for me, they also made it one of the most exciting decisions I’ve made in my professional career.

Amazing Interview Process

The interview process was amazing beginning to end. I had been working with an apprenticeship company called Vendition. This is where I first heard about Broadly. The on site interview felt very casual and relaxed. I interviewed with three members of the Broadly team. After the interviews I had a chance to meet some of the other members of the Broadly team. It was a very casual work environment and I immediately felt like I fit in.

Welcoming Team!

My experience from the interview process from Broadly was pretty positive. The team is very welcoming. You can tell the company are filled with motivated and friendly people! I would recommend anyone who is driven, friendly, and ambitious to check out Broadly!

A collaborative, supportive group!

Broadly is a fast-paced growing team that's focused on serving local small businesses. It's a company that prides itself on on requesting and acting on feedback. I thorough enjoy the team, my manager, the transparency, and the team incentives. The Customer Success team works incredibly hard and we have each other's best interests in mind. Go Team B!

Truly special workplace with opportunities to thrive

When I first started looking for a job, I was looking for somewhere that would feel like family, and I can honestly say that I have found that at Broadly. The company is definitely going through a "messy middle" stage, but this stage also offers much opportunities for teammates to shine. Not only does management encourage you to find classes that will help in your career growth (paid for by the company), but there is also a very collaborative work environment that lets you contribute to initiatives that are outside of your core job description. These initiatives often serve as incubators for new roles that are needed as the company grows, and more often than not people are promoted from within to fill these roles. People at work enjoy each others company both during work hours and often after work during team outings or just random get togethers. It is a team that knows how to buckle down and get things done but still have fun while they are doing it. I think that our mission of helping small businesses succeed helps keep people motivated. I also really appreciate that the executive team is open to feedback and tries very hard to implement change whenever they see a problem. As an example, there were complaints that the management was undertrained for their roles (a lot of people were advanced because they were high performing individual contributors, but were not necessarily given much training in management skills). Now the managers as well as people who are on track for leadership opportunities are required to take management courses and participate in training -

Pros

Catered lunch on Tuesdays, team outings, opportunity for career advancement, international travel stipend, flexible PTO, and outstanding group of people

Cons

No 401K

Terrible Company

They will lie to you, promise you the world and then burn you if you're not exceeding expectations within the first month. They don't help you get anywhere and instead just throw you to the wolves. They have a 'boys club' mentality and only cherish their top performers while giving their medium or bottom performers just the scraps. Their management has gotten into trouble for harassing employees and talking smack about their employees! Garbage company, garbage management BUT the people who did work there were amazing.

Pros

Free lunch on Tuesdays, nice non-management people

Cons

Everything else

Not worth it

Apply anywhere else. High Quota, High Draw against commission, high deal claw rate. Decent product but nobody makes money. Fun company but not worth the stress

Pros

Atmosphere and culture

Cons

see above

This place is special

From the moment you walk in to Broadly you know it’s different. It’s cool, loud, busy. You can tell the team is excited. After you talk to a few people, you’ll see why. Check it out for yourself. You’ll see too.

Grateful for the uncapped commission earning opportunity

Broadly gives all sales folks a chance to make unlimited commissions! For those who have run into an unfair commission plan or hit the ceiling before, it's a breath of fresh air to finally get a piece of the action; as much as you want to earn! How big my paycheck is is up to me. I like having the power to earn as much as I want to.

Pros

Uncapped commissions, truly supportive team, proper fulfillment of product

Cons

you need to be a self-learner and own your own practice to master the demo

Incredible place to work.... the impact you make is immediate!

Broadly is a work environment where you know your work matters. It is a very fast-paced but transparent environment where everybody works incredibly hard, but also knows how to celebrate. Our Customer Success Team works closely with all departments and has a large role in making sure our customers are properly being taken care of. This is one of the cornerstone beliefs of this company. I love working with my teammates; they will drop everything just to help me at any moment's notice.

Pros

Free lunches, dog-friendly office, happy hours, fun events, great benefits

Cons

Can't think of any.

Great Company Great Mission Great Team!

Broadly is a terrific place to work! I really do enjoy working at Broadly! The team is collaborative and I feel as though I've already made friends here. Great Company Great Mission Great Team!

Pros

Free lunch on Tuesday!

Environment for Sales Success

Great environment where sales success is up to the salesperson. Broadly provides training, coaching, weekly and monthly sales incentives, systems, teams of supportive cohorts, tight relationship with awesome Customer Success team. It is a startup, so flexibility is needed. Management is always in search of refinements while minimizing disruption. Management also has a sales culture committee made up of volunteers from sales who contribute their great ideas. Customers love the company, so salespeople have nothing to worry about as far as the product / service / bulky contracts / financing etc. No complications, just qualify customers that fit.

Pros

Weekly catered lunch, frequent catered breakfasts and happy hours when new hires joined, unlimited vacation, free round trip international flight ticket after one year, loaded kitchen

Cons

Downtown Oakland parking is expensive, but way better than SF

Burn and churn and not really growing

Burn and churn atmosphere, working long hours in hopes that you'll be able to keep your job that month. Makes you work on weekends, have to come in early or else you're seen as a slacker. Keeps talking about growth but every time they add a new employee, someone gets fired. Promises of a higher salary than you actually make each month. CEO plays favorites with certain people.

Poor Management & Poor Leadership

It is expected that startups have their problems but the autonomy of individuals within the sales team to harass, bully, and take profit from their peers was something I have never experienced before or since. Typical days at work included a meat-grinding cold calling process which is not abnormal but the scrutiny of independent calls was unique. Feedback is important but negative feedback created a loop.

Pros

Nice office

Cons

Founder, Leadership, Compensation, Lack of HR

Great place to learn

If you are new to SaaS this is the place to be. They work hard and play hard and are willing to teach you. Fun environment and leaders who build people up.

Pros

Great people and product

Cons

It can be a grind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3