Broadly Employee Reviews

Grateful for the uncapped commission earning opportunity
Contract Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 26, 2018
Broadly gives all sales folks a chance to make unlimited commissions!
For those who have run into an unfair commission plan or hit the ceiling before, it's a breath of fresh air to finally get a piece of the action; as much as you want to earn!
How big my paycheck is is up to me. I like having the power to earn as much as I want to.
Pros
Uncapped commissions, truly supportive team, proper fulfillment of product
Cons
you need to be a self-learner and own your own practice to master the demo
Incredible place to work.... the impact you make is immediate!
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 26, 2018
Broadly is a work environment where you know your work matters. It is a very fast-paced but transparent environment where everybody works incredibly hard, but also knows how to celebrate. Our Customer Success Team works closely with all departments and has a large role in making sure our customers are properly being taken care of. This is one of the cornerstone beliefs of this company. I love working with my teammates; they will drop everything just to help me at any moment's notice.
Pros
Free lunches, dog-friendly office, happy hours, fun events, great benefits
Cons
Can't think of any.
Great Company Great Mission Great Team!
VP Finance and Administration (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 26, 2018
Broadly is a terrific place to work! I really do enjoy working at Broadly!

The team is collaborative and I feel as though I've already made friends here.

Great Company Great Mission Great Team!
Pros
Free lunch on Tuesday!
Environment for Sales Success
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 16, 2018
Great environment where sales success is up to the salesperson. Broadly provides training, coaching, weekly and monthly sales incentives, systems, teams of supportive cohorts, tight relationship with awesome Customer Success team. It is a startup, so flexibility is needed. Management is always in search of refinements while minimizing disruption. Management also has a sales culture committee made up of volunteers from sales who contribute their great ideas. Customers love the company, so salespeople have nothing to worry about as far as the product / service / bulky contracts / financing etc. No complications, just qualify customers that fit.
Pros
Weekly catered lunch, frequent catered breakfasts and happy hours when new hires joined, unlimited vacation, free round trip international flight ticket after one year, loaded kitchen
Cons
Downtown Oakland parking is expensive, but way better than SF
Burn and churn and not really growing
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 25, 2018
Burn and churn atmosphere, working long hours in hopes that you'll be able to keep your job that month. Makes you work on weekends, have to come in early or else you're seen as a slacker. Keeps talking about growth but every time they add a new employee, someone gets fired. Promises of a higher salary than you actually make each month. CEO plays favorites with certain people.
Poor Management & Poor Leadership
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 9, 2018
It is expected that startups have their problems but the autonomy of individuals within the sales team to harass, bully, and take profit from their peers was something I have never experienced before or since. Typical days at work included a meat-grinding cold calling process which is not abnormal but the scrutiny of independent calls was unique. Feedback is important but negative feedback created a loop.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Founder, Leadership, Compensation, Lack of HR
Great place to learn
Small business development consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2017
If you are new to SaaS this is the place to be. They work hard and play hard and are willing to teach you. Fun environment and leaders who build people up.
Pros
Great people and product
Cons
It can be a grind