Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Daily Workload
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 10, 2018
I served as liaison for various insurance companies to monitor print reports to ensure client orders were fulfilled according to contractual service level agreement. Using a client based website I reviewed orders and printed documents to ensure print quality and fulfillment accuracy. I tracked and monitored inventory materials and ordered the materials as needed. I also gathered and documented billing information on a monthly basis. I maintained customer relations, troubleshoot problems and guaranteed overall customer satisfaction. As a Client Service Representative I retained overall knowledge of all clients and products. I also provided back up to other Client Service Representatives as needed
Pros
Great co-workers, fine work environment
Cons
No type of work advancement
Old school management in a FinTech company with few women in IT management
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, NYDecember 5, 2018
The company needs to make a conscious effort in recognizing women of color in IT. There is a lot of talk about diversity but not enough follow through and way too much favoritism and mostly favoring Men.

The company needs to do a lot in terms of advancement in the technologies and methodologies used..
Pros
Fairly decent benefits and pay for a Long island based company
Cons
Lacks diversity in terms of gender and race. Poor work life balance and too much favoritism
Great company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  SecaucusDecember 4, 2018
Great company and culture. They recognize individuals for doing a good job and always try to recognize individuals for going about and beyond. good advancement opportunities
great develpoment team, stressfull at times due to work load.
Contingent Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, NY 11717December 4, 2018
recommend to potential employees due to strengths of company and amount of technology to learn and cultivate. Works with latest technology for programming web applications and system applications and services.
Pros
good pay, benefits and good team
Cons
workload demanding and stressful at times
I lerned well about machines
Macine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 13, 2018
I worked well with these company under minimal supervision and i liked my job and managment too and i liked the working hours scheduled too in my work also free dinner
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Fairly standard corporate environment
Business Development and Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 12, 2018
Somewhat chill place to work, especially for younger people. Definitely better than college. Very specialized and segmented though, which I wasn't particularly a fan of.
Great place
Contractor (Former Employee) –  51 mercedes wayNovember 3, 2018
Typical work day: enter in around 50 references into system, stay up to date with job reqs.
Leaned how to be more social and outgoing.
Management: Everyone was respectful until the boss left.
Workplace culture: was very open to anyone new joining the team
Hardest part of the job was leaving
Most enjoyable: Seeing other prosper
Pros
time off, great communication
Cons
managers, too much clout
Overall associates work as a team.
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 29, 2018
As a whole, the management team work to create an environment that promotes getting the job done. This facility was part of DST Systems Inc prior to being sold to Broadridge.
benefits
Cons
layoffs
A Good Place to Work
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAOctober 21, 2018
Broadridge was a good experience. It has a diverse and friendly workforce and management team that will listen to your ideas and opinions. The schedule is great.
Great hourly salary for contractors
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2018
I have a passion for ensuring business and technical requirements are well understood and effectively brought together in a comprehensive solution platform. I have extensive experience in marketing technology, SAAS, business and systems analysis, solution delivery, solution management, consulting, and pre-sales.
very good office
Full stack Java Web Ui Developer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 16, 2018
Very good manager and very good atmosphere.I had a very good experience , and everyone over there very helping. Its the best place to work and i recommend everyone,.
Lack of management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 15, 2018
Only job that does not hire after 90 days. Waste of time if your looking for full time. I have been there about 3 years and is still a temp. No vacation or sick days.
Production
Purchasing Management (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYOctober 10, 2018
Such a large company, I’m sure each area has a different experience but production mechanics are mandatory OT 5-5, sometimes Sat sometimes Sun along with many holidays. Management tends to keep info and truth to themselves often times out and out lie to upper management to keep the cross hairs off them. You will be the fall guy.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Read comments
Good Company
Sr. Director (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Solid Company for Long Island where there are not many options. Changing culture (not necessarily for the better) ever since organization had layoffs.
Great work life balance - training was very short and limited
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205September 20, 2018
It was a good company to work for from a work life balanced work load. It was a decent place to work for if you didn't mind working with their proprietary tool sets.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
very limited training
Great Culture
Senior Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Great Culture and fast pace environment. Started my career here as a temporary employee and have moved up the chains in management. I improved my leadership skills and developing talent over the years.
I wish I were still working there
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CASeptember 19, 2018
I was caught up in a restructuring resulting from Broadridge's acquisition of DST Output. Their handling of the circumstance was exemplary. They provided generous professional help with my job search and a great financial support post-severance.

Broadridge itself is impressive in its pursuit of modern software practices and technologies along with a focus on mitigating technical debt They dedicate significant resources to exploring future development technologies.

I wish I were still there.
Generally, a good company with competitive benefits
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CASeptember 7, 2018
The El Dorado Hills location changed ownership numerous times during my 18+ years of employment. The last was when Broadridge acquired DST Output, which continued the push of domestic jobs to off-shore.

For the most part they were flexible with working hours and allowed WFH (Working From Home) one day per week with restrictions.

Project teams worked well together in order to meet deadlines.

Depending on the position, being OnCall 24/7 for Production issues may be required.
Pros
Co-workers
Lack of focus at times
Long Term Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 6, 2018
Broadridge is an organization that is always changing and with considerable changes in personnel. Given the company's success in recent years, there are a LOT of RIFs. Maybe that is part of their success.

I have found it to be everywhere from a pretty good place to work to a toxic working environment . Unfortunately we are at that low end right now, so I'm on Indeed.

There is considerable work on holidays, weekends etc for many.

The pay is a bit low for the NYC region and benefits are average. There is a free onsite medical center in the Edgewood NY (LI) and Newark NJ offices which is a great benefit.

The Newark office is very new and an improvement over the dump that was in Jersey City. However, it was constructed cheaply and has an open floor plan was poorly rolled out. It is very noisy and I find I end up needing to do even more work after hours. The executives have small offices, the rest of us are at tables where we sit very close to our colleagues. Don't bring tuna fish for lunch please!

Newark isn't the safest area, so it is important to be careful when outside of the office.
Pros
medical center
Cons
hours, culture
productive
QC (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYSeptember 4, 2018
it's a good place to work, In fact I find the hability to work faster and well. Because Broadrigde is focusing on quality Job. We have to do faster and great.
Pros
fee coffee
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight