Broadspectrum Employee Reviews

I love this company
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 13, 2019
I love this companyit was a good company to work for but I didn't have enough full-time work great atmosphere I was working to turn around so I was getting my hours I need full-time employment
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Not enough full-time work
Safety, quality and production driven company
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 12, 2018
A quality driven company that holds safety as its main value. A management team that creates a comfortable working environment. A supervision team that encourages initiative and integrity, while still being accessible to provide training and support for all its employees.
Pretty ok Company
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2018
Too much paperwork. It was good for advancement, but just because everyone else sucked. I would say it's an ok company to work for. They're based out of Australia, so they know nothing about US contracts...
Very great place to work at and Management was great
Material Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXAugust 22, 2018
I was a purchasing material manager and had alot of responsibility for the position that i had. I will admit that if i needed anything or had any questions that i would not have to worry about it. I was very impressed with the company. A very team work company
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 15, 2018
Love working with the company everyone's friendly and gets the job done. Long hours worth the hard work wouldn't mind doing it everyday from here on. Management is great Co-works always help eachother.
Terrible management
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 8, 2018
The supervisors lied about the job requirements and then very disappointing training procedures. Way to much tormoil, back stabbing and nepotism within the office. HORRIBLE work environment
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No training, favoritism
Prodcuctive
LIC (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 7, 2018
A typical day working for Broad Spectrum is okay. What I have learned working with Broad Spectrum is how to stay more focused of my surroundings from the time I step on sight. The management at Broad Spectrum is okay, and just that OKAY!!!! Now my most enjoyable part of working at DOW Chemical Plant, (being contracted through Broad Spectrum) are the DOW employees. They are all great people to work with very understanding and helpful.
Pros
The Pros for Being employed by Broad Spectrum is that you get paid every week.
Cons
Short breaks, and micro management
Face pace work place.
Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 30, 2018
Great place to work and learn about safety for that type of work environment. It's fast paced and challenging it takes attention to detail to perform all work requirements.
It was a job.
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 24, 2018
The company is very cut throat and it is hard to move up in the company. Plus they do not value there works in the company. You are expendable to them. They do not value hard working people.
Cons
Raciel, No room for growth here.
Unstable Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 23, 2018
When a company has been taken over 3 times in less then 4 1/2 years run! Instability of company is reflected in poor management and gross waste of company funds.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Very well organized company.
Mechanic (Boilermaker) (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TX 77571April 17, 2018
The Company was very well organized, they take care of their workers very well. Work environment is good because the job gets done in the time frame intended and all goes by very fluent. Management down to hands (workers) are great people to work with.
Laid back work place
Class A Driver and highway maintenance (Current Employee) –  Broom field ColoradoApril 14, 2018
Broad spectrum as a company that does not believe in raises and if you don't like family life or don't want one that's the place to work and they don't care if you leave they just replace you with another body
productive and fast paced
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 11, 2018
12 hour days working with team members. Learned how to work with a team and without one. Management had alot of favoritism so it was hard to advance. The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week no time for family.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no benefits
they are ok
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 20, 2018
ok company just not enough room for growth unless you know someone which even then it can still be tough. management can be a little more involved in a positive way
Global Company
Project Administrator / Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2018
There was/is a wonderful global presence within the company. It also offers great on the job training and hands on experience. There is also a wonderful source of information when needed.
leadership is to close to the staff leaving
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 10, 2018
If you are not a friend then you get treated different that's not the way a company should be foremens are rarely in the field you can find them sitting in a truck or in the trailer which safety attendant are not allowed unless you is there budddy
Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAJanuary 6, 2018
I've had nothing but a positive experience with Broadspectrum. Management is fantastic, I feel at home. I know they have my back like I have there's. It is a safe work environment, they have a open door policy if you have an issue with any an all things. I couldn't have gotten any luckier with this job.
Pros
Paid lunch, good money, great management
Cons
No overtime
Great atmosphere to work
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CADecember 17, 2017
Great company to work for. Manage needs improvement and have more support for safety tech. If a few changes were made to management it would be a better place to work!
Very tough environnent
Role - Case Manager (FIFO) (Former Employee) –  Manus IslandNovember 21, 2017
Worked hard with nothing in return. Scope of work was never consistent. Lack of fluidity with daily changes sometimes scope would change within hours.
Pros
Developed some strong relationships among colleagues
Cons
Too politically charged en ironment
Fast pace with place
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 21, 2017
Broad Spectrum just like any other refinery company is fast pace but they lucrative depending on your work ethic. Also provides plenty of opportunity to up within the company.