Broadspire, a Crawford Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
working enviroment is good
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 21, 2018
Typical work day from 8 am to 6 pm. Manager was good. They tell you that you don't have to work more than 8 hours per day. But they give you a work load that requires that you work 12 hours per day.
did not work for broadspire
file examiner (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2018
I was not hired by broadspire and have never worked for them
so I can't tell you anything about any positions there. I have worked for other companies though
Pros
did not work for broadspire
Cons
long work hours
Teleplus Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for Broadspire. The hours were decent and there is shift differential pay. The company is growing into a larger call center which is good, but it needs a little more separation between desks due to the noise factor.
Nice location - great benefits
Team Manager, Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2018
The reason I left the company was because I got let go due to the company downsizing. I was a Team Leader there and managed several employees. Overall the job was great.
Pros
Set my own hours, benefits
Cons
Demanding Management - stressful employees
Nice Company
Claim Intake Representative/Administration (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 4, 2018
This is a great company to work for.I would recommend this company to work for. They have a great work environment. They are very family oriented and caring.
Pros
Pleasant people
Fun People
Bill Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 24, 2018
I met some awesome friends at Broadspire. It was relaxed working environment that I enjoyed going to everyday. My last supervisor would give me extra projects to do but I dindn't mind, it was an honor because she entrusted me to handle them.
Pros
Summer BBQ
My review as a TM and Sr. Claim Examiner
Workers' Compensation Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
I oversee several high dollar accounts. I enjoy what I do. I'm a professional that is commented to providing our clients with the best services possible
Pros
I'm able to work from home
Cons
Good benefits, but too many layers
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
When one department is lacking financially,other departments are asked to make up the difference. You have to support products that the customer does not need. CEO has no medical background, executive from a large food chain.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too may layers, no room from growth.
Awesome
Peer review coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with Broadspire. The daily interaction with the staff and management was excellent. Learned a lot from my peers and the reviewers. Would always consider coming back to Broadspire.
I was just a temporary employee
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2018
The job was ok. The people were friendly enough. Some units are better than others. Some unit leaders are better than others. The environment was not very exciting. It was pretty hum drum with a lot of negativity. The company doesn't seem to do much for their employees. Like I said though. I was just a temp employee so I could be wrong about that.
Pros
Free ceu's
Cons
People are kind of blah and too busy to really train you.
review summary
Senior Claiims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 3, 2018
Atmosphere is depressing. Not enough support from management. Expectations are too high. Can't possibly get your job done in 50 hour a week or less.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Wonderful co-workers and work environment.
Field Case Mgmt Admin Support II (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 13, 2018
Close to home. Friendly co-workers. Great training. Enjoyed working with external employees. Quiet work environment. Enjoyed learning Medical codes.
Unrealistic expectations. Salary poor for expected volume of work.
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 28, 2017
Constant changes in processes that were complex and redundant. Too many expectations to be successfully completed in 40 hour work week. Poor Job/Home Life balance.
Pros
Wonderful Area Manager.
Cons
Extremely stressful workplace culture.
Interesting and productive work with good pay and benefits.
SENIOR WORKERS COMPENSATION CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2017
Interesting and productive work interacting with claimants, employers, medical facilities and legal counsel. I learned compassion and empathy for the injured workers I provided benefits for as well as their families. It was gratifying to see the injured worker's recovery and ability to return to work full duty.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement with competitive pay and benefits.
Cons
Long hours and stressful.
Broadspire
Senior Claim Examiner-Property & Casualty (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2017
Minimal administrative back up. Required to handle too many different clients. On the computer all day. Computer programs did not talk to each other so lots of time entering the same information in different parts of the claim file. No advancement available. Lack of transparency and no clear directions from management.The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home one day a week and getting a bonus each month for meeting quality reviews.
Stressful Environment with Poor Management
Workers Compensation Examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2017
This company does not value employees. The workload is ever-changing and management does not take responsibility for their performance issues. I would not return.
case managent
RN, CCM, Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  new jerseyOctober 8, 2017
Job is 24/7 , life consuming. work well over 40 hours a week and hard to take a day off without working. Can be frustrating trying to get approval from adjusters for treatment requested as they dont respond quickly.
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
too much unnecessary paperwork
Excellent opportunity
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2017
Well organized and managed. Excellent opportunity.
Immediate feedback, flexible management and productive work
atmosphere.
Excellent training.
Balanced attitude regarding work
A good and fast pacedplace to work
Contractor Connection (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2017
It is a good but fast paced place to work. You are definitely kept busy and there is room for advancement as well. The people are very nice and great to work for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Very fast paced
Good place to work fun activities provided for employees
Utilization Review Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I created headers for cases to be worked by the claims processers. Created letters and reports to be processed. Called doctors offices to get information needed to process claims and update data base. The hardest part was leaving work undone. The most enjoyable was going home knowing I had put in a good days works and accomplished what I set out to do.
Pros
Great picnics, Christmas partys etc Healthcare
Cons
sold out