Broadstar Communications

• Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Unethical

The compensation and medical benefits were good but that's about the best thing going there. Owners of the company won't get out of their own way and engage in unethical and borderline illegal business practices.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Unethical business practices

Awful company

Abusive company, never lets you speak your mind, managers are never available for assistance, pay is awful, threatened to be fired many times. I would never work here ever again or recommend anyone working there

Pros

Cons

Awful benefits, no communication, awful pay

Never got paid for my 1st week. Unorganized, Not enough training to succeed

Got hired got offered a pay rate & never got paid for my first week, after multiple unresponded finally got paid lower than my pay rate & missing my first week of pay, Then after multiple trainers switched on me they let me go for lake of training beyond my control. Still did not get my backpay.

Pros

Cons

Not professional

Do not work here. Ever.

I have not worked here for many years, but when I did the company had some shady practices and eventually we had a mutual parting of ways and they eventually lost their BBB accreditation for some of the same negative behaviors I had observed. There is no love lost here, pay is awful for even call center work, and customers are usually entitled, arrogant, rude, and disrespectful. Take a job working at Walgreens or something for almost the same.

Ok for what it is

Management is absolutely terrible at this company. high disorganized and not smart strategies. Constantly a high turnover rate and even with strict hiring procedures still don't get good employees. However, they were flexible on hours when needed. Had to repeatedly ask and prove why a pay raise was warranted.

Pros

fairly easy work

Cons

poor management, lack of pay raises

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

the company is growing and it was exciting to be part of the team

i hope to move back to Florida in 2 years and will reaply. the company recently renovated the office, New cubicles with new chairs made the work envirement quite nice,

Pros

team work atmosphere

Cons

snow birds season got very busy

Developing Relationships

A typical day at work involved spending time alone identifying opportunities, cleaning up a non existent database of accounts and developing a platform for supporting the company's renewal opportunities. when i was not on the computer, I was on the road meeting property owners and apartment management company representatives development relationships and either expanding the relationship with add on services or renewing the existing services for additional terms. I learned that I don't work well with executive management leadership that think its only about them. I also learned to meet with many other executives and worked with them seamlessly to develop multiple acquisition opportunities. Teams win together! The workplace culture was friendly with the employees and family oriented in nature. The biggest challenge of this job was the inability of the company to act on the multiple acquisition opportunities and when they did act on a couple, having the owner not provide the proper credit for the originator of the deal. The most enjoyable part of this job was bringing in multiple acquisition opportunities.

Pros

nice group to work with

Cons

too much travel

Long periods of noninteraction

very little to no supervision, no quick access to support. Very long periods of work without seeing a coworker. On your own for most of your job

Cons

over booked work with no access to support if needed

Horrible Company

Complete Farce of a company, Owners are in denial of the problems and the horrible products they deliver. Nothing good to say about this company. Just look else where.

Pros

No Pros. Horrible company.

Cons

Run

N/a

Unprofessional work environment. Did not learn much then what I already knew. Management did not communicate well.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Unorganized, unprofessional

Private Cable Operator

Hardest part of the position was employee retention. The most enjoyable part of the position was constant change. Each day brought a new challenge to overcome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadstar Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3