Brock & Scott Pllc Employee Reviews

Poor training and management
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 16, 2018
Management was unfamiliar with job tasks, yet had high demand. Practices are impractical and relationship driven rather than focused on job performance. Employees are treated as children and expected to listen and not speak. The training provided is minimum and unorganized. Leaving youto learn as you go and from mistakes.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad Healthcare, no 401k matches, lack of training
Stressful/Sink or swim environment
former employee (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 13, 2018
I came home everyday just done with nothing left in me. Job was very stressful and high demand with poor training. I hung on as long as I could but had to leave without having a job to go to if that says anything.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor training, high expectations
Not Managed Well
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 23, 2018
This is not a well managed area to work in. If you want to sit in a seat for 10+ hours a day and be told to not move and not speak to anyone then this is the job for you. I love the people there, it's just not run properly
Production and fun
Legal Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed my work here, there were a few bumps in the road just like every place but they were worked out. Most of the managers were great. The Attorneys were awesome. I would still be here if I didn't have to move.
Pros
Social working environment, benefits, time off, flexibility just to name a few
Cons
Just 1 that I will keep to myself
Assistant Administrative (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 8, 2018
I love my job and the people at Brock & Scott PLLC. It allow me to learn so many things.At my on pace. I would suggest this company it a great beginning.
Pros
Pto
Nightmare
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 5, 2018
This was the worst place I have ever worked. I had very little training and was set up to fail from the beginning. I came home crying every day. I missed my son’s school play because I had to work late by myself. I didn’t stay there long and had to take a few months off after I left, in order to regroup.
Cons
Poor management and training
Productive, trusting company
intern at Brock and Scott PLLC (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 24, 2017
As an intern, I felt trusted, they would train me, and then trust me to do my job. Good compensation for just a summer internship, and gave me a glance into the legal profession.
Nice place to get by
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 7, 2017
Pretty much a paper mill. Great work environment however, but very little creativity is used. You pump out mass documents, but the attorneys there are great, with a great sense of self. Unfortunately, turn over is pretty high.
Keep looking!
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  winsMay 15, 2017
Brock & Scott (or at least the collections department) has a strong tendency to hire people with little to no legal experience, or even office experience. So those who actually have the education or legal background are not acknowledged or appreciated. After working in the collections department for over a year, I can say that I did not learn a single thing that I could apply to another law firm and honestly, I had a hard time putting the position on my resume and making it sound worthy enough for prospective employers.Also, the collections department is all about production and meeting goals. It is not very exciting work and you will be doing the same exact thing every single day. Also, you are not assigned work with a specific attorney nor do you work one-on-one with an attorney.

For those who are certified paralegals or have a paralegal degree/certificate, you can do much better!!

List of cons - Do not count on getting a raise (starting pay is not competitive by any means, expect to earn between $11 to $15 an hour), no bonuses, they do not match 401k or have any kind of profit-sharing plan, you only get 6 paid holidays and 11 vacation days with two “floating” holidays (vacation time you can use anytime you like - this is their way to make up for only 6 paid holidays), health insurance leaves a lot to be desired, and the office space is not very attractive.
Pros
It's a paycheck while I was looking for my ideal job, which unfortuantely took longer than anticipated.
Cons
Pay and benefits are not competitive at all. See review above.
It was a good place to work but not my favorite
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCFebruary 21, 2017
It was a good paying job but I didn't particularly like that the people I worked with. They weren't as understanding of employees taking time off and such.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management

Want to know more about Brock & Scott Pllc?

Ask a question
Keep looking as this place is a disgrace
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 19, 2016
Management is incompetent and lacks professional behavior. They are constantly making promises they cannot keep ie job promotions, raises... Co workers are even more incompetent and the drama and immaturity is nauseating. The training is almost non existent and their motto is throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. Benefits are laughable and the entire place is a joke. Do yourself a favor and keep looking.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
everything with the exception of your schedule
Work place moves people around to different desks and jobs too frequently.
Data Entry Specialist, Data Entry Keyers (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 29, 2016
While at Brock & Scott, PLLC I learned that when you get good a one job you will be pulled to learn a new one. Change is their Moto. Most days there is a lot of drama and you have to plug your ears so you can stay away from it and do your job productively. I worked with my ears plugged a lot. reminds me of high school.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Cons
drama
Great atmosphere to work in.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2015
A typical day working at Brock & Scott consisted of Pulling files, contacting courthouses, Receiving documents that needed to be scanned and uploaded into database, as well as contacting clients to set up appointments.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
no overtime
I think I have answered all questions accurately and I thought the questions were important.
I am a title abstractor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 14, 2014
I am responsible for searching 4 counties, but I go wherever I am needed. I do most searching from my computer at home, but I have to travel to the courthouses to get judgments or to record or do sales. I have been very happy with my job, and I really like my co-workers, and for that matter, I like all the people I come in contact with. In the past years, I have worked in hotels, been a bookkeeper for 5 companies at once, and managed a ladies ready to wear shop. I have also worked at 2 junior colleges. You may ask why I am searching for another job. The reason is that I lost my husband on December 26, 2013, and I need to move to another location to try and move on. My daughter lives in Newport, and I have leased an apartment in her back yard. I am looking forward to the move. I am moving slowly, but plan to be there full time very shortly; in the next couple of weeks.
Pros
Working at my own pace at home, but keeping in mind that I have deadlines to meet.
Cons
Sometimes a hard search causes stress; especially the ones with a 2 day turnaround.
Gave me an opportunity when needed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 5, 2014
I started this position as a person working nights, 5:30-2am. When time was available during the day or able to come in early, I took it. From there I was asked to become a manager and change to day time in less than 1 year. From there I lead a team of about 11 person to preform duties in a newly formed department. From there I worked for a year, then there were unforeseen seen circumstances that cause layoffs.
Pros
Set paycheck, management level
Not a good place to work.
Litigation Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 8, 2014
The attorneys make it clear that you are replaceable. They are very rude and treat the employee as if they are beneath them.
Pros
No pros
Terrible place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 2, 2013
The firm cares nothing about the well being of its employees.
Cons
My summary isn't a good one.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 27, 2013
They choose to hire criminals, don't do drug testing, they constantly break confidential daily. They will most likely lose half their clients by the end of this year, by making mistakes, and not taking responsibility for them.