Brockton Neighborhood Health Center Employee Reviews

Crossed trained employees a MUST
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 19, 2019
Needs more substance use disorder trained professionals due to the community it's in and the population it deals with..very lacking in the subject of opioid use disorder and substance use disorder
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
"Read above""
Bnhc
Harm Reduction Clinic Nurse Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 16, 2019
At BNHC I love what I do in regard to my patients. I wish I had more freedom when it came to clinic policies and procedures due to upper management not specializing in addiction. I feel as though so much more could be done and be possible it employees opinions were more valued.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
limited independence
experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 23, 2019
Had very good experience as a volunteer before I got hired, during my years of working there it was fabulous. All staff were very good helping me during my training. I really love that health center...
Pros
fabulous staff
Cons
na
Alot learned about health ctr billing
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 16, 2019
Learned alot to expand my experience. I had no health center billing experience. Learned to work in a multi cultural environment proving my people person skills.
Pros
Early start/early leave schedule
Cons
Under paid for skill set
Positive attitude ,Positive change,this was the goal of every employees
Protected Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 16, 2018
4 years working at brockton neighborhood health center nothing to regret because I learnt lot like developing my leaderships with a positive attitude
n/a
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 18, 2018
I did not get the experience i was looking for being a student right out of school.I was not taught anything about being a medical administrative assistant.
very diverse
Senior Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 6, 2018
I learned alot about Non profits. they help alot of people obtain Health Insurance and the center is expanding daily

The company has many affiliates and the the CEO is on several Boards
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Awesome Culture and Staff but Senior Admin dictating rules/regulation/policy with no clinical background
OB/GYN Registered Nurse/ Interim Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 27, 2018
BNHC is an awesome place to work at especially with the diversity of the center. Everyone is friendly but stressed due to administration breathing down providers' neck and nursing staff to see more patients and "promote patient care" without addressing issues that's effecting patient care. All admin wants to see is NUMBERS! They promote on listening to their staff but doesn't do anything to fix it so basically they want the employees to waste their time and energy. The reason why I've stayed working here for 2+ years is because I love the staff I work with and the community. Admin needs to fixing other things and listen to their staff because they don't know how it really feels to be on the clinical side, which is really frustrating.
Pros
Staff, culture, flexibility in hours
Cons
pay, admin with no clinical background
Fun workplace
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 26, 2018
Very nice co-workers, sup are very nice and gave helpful feedback. Great place to work, it can be busy a little fast speed lab. Co-workers always willing to help each other.
Great team and work/life balance
Practice Management Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 14, 2018
I love working in a multi-cultural health center, which has a mission to provide the best health care to the underserved community. This is a great place to work with great benefits.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
OK pay, have to pay for parking
workplace culture
Senior Referral Coordinator -Adult Medicine (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 25, 2018
great place if you are willing different culture from employee and patients
opportunity to grow professionally
stressful due to poor management
but very please to help the patients
Not for long term
Health Information Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 6, 2018
Great for building experience not for long term. Give yourself 3 years at most at this company. dont get comfortable at a place like this. Not a place to grow.
Pros
Cons
Micro managing
very friendly work space
Bilingual clinical secretary (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 27, 2018
Its usually busy here and there but nothing crazy. Your coworkers are the best of the best only if you also give your best. Its more like working with family.
Pros
down time
Cons
pay
Team work
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medical recordsApril 27, 2018
Brockton Neighborhood health is a family place where our staff system develops an environment where employees feel comfortable to work as team to accomplish the big picture of the company.
Very educative environment for interns
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 20, 2018
The staff and management were very open to teaching the interns the basics of the profession. The work environment was very friendly and the job culture encouraged creativity and innovation as long as you share same with the supervisors
Not a bad place but need better pay.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 12, 2018
They need better pay, but it is flexible if you have kids and its local so its very convenient. After being there for over 5 years I still make what medical assistants make when they're a new hire. Love my coworkers though.
High Patient Volume, Poor Management and No support
Provider (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 8, 2017
I think if you're looking for a job at a FHQC, I would steer clear of BNHC. The patients are great and co-workers can be great however, management is dishonest and discouraging. No transparency at all. Clinical staffs, on average, are working 40-50+ hours without additional compensation. We have the major holidays but are penalized because we lose earned time for them. It's just unfair. I would steer clear of this place!
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work. They are there for the population that other practices forgot. The work environment is easy going and a lot of room to grow, possibility to advance are endless as long as you are willing to put in the work.
Pediatric Deportment is fun and exciting.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 19, 2017
What I do every day is come in open all the rooms get it ready for the patient. Print out the daily schedule for the doctor and start the day by calling in the patient to the rooms, and taking they vitals signs. I usually work with one provider, but I'm always helping the others if they need help. We all are a team. I love working in the Pediatric deportment its always fun, and I love getting to know my patient and see them grow.
Externship for my MAOA training
Medical Assistant (180hr Externship) (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 11, 2017
This was for my externship.
I researched MSDS information, and put it together in manuals for the clinic.
Organized patient information.
And did many other duties to complete my externship.
Pros
Atmosphere was ok.
Cons
Had to deal with the IT dept to get internet access.