BROCKTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS

BROCKTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Got to form friendships with the staff and kids fun job to work at got alot of experience also obtained my Serv safe certificate while employed there.
Great city to work for
Good environment, be ready to adapt to a set scheduled and stick to it.

many opportunities to switch between departments after working there for a few years.
I have working for bockton school dept for 13 yaer and its my pleasre to be there love working with children and cooking for a wonderful establisment
I have a awesome director.and mananger.and work with a wonderful crew.couldnt see myself anywhere else.pray to god that i will be able to retire there.i love my job.and principal and vice and teachers are aswesome. Its feels like your second home they are caring and loveable..theres alot of learning and teaching knowledge.among us all.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
good place for moms
if you're a mother and have young children that you have to drop off at school and pick up. this is a good job for you. they have various positions with 6 or 4 hours. very fast past during lunch hours. demands for you to be on your feet al day but its good pay and a lot of benefits
A place where they care about kids
good hours, not compensated properly for the work performed. If you have a passion for working with kids then the brockton public school system would be a good fit.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Cafeteria Assistant
Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.

Locate items requested by customers.

Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.

Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, such as cafeterias or dining rooms, to facilitate customer service
Pros
Love kids
Cons
Short breaks
Brockton Public school
A typical day at work would entail teaching all subject matters, recess or bus duty, and learning much about my students. The administration was amazing and extremely supportive.
Day of a Long Term Substitute Teacher
I would instruct Health/Wellness at the elementary level. I would combine my most updated teaching skills to make each and every class most interesting for my students. I followed the curriculum left by the permanent classroom teacher.

It was rewarding to see my students comprehend the information I taught regarding all fields of health education. The most difficult part of teaching health was to see some students not take an interest in improving their lives by retaining the information provided in each class.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BROCKTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS?
Nice to work with Kids and watch them grow.
Supervision was sub-par. Alot of hecticness between periods. Found myself filling alot more roles than I was getting paid for. For the most part my co workers were great to work with and I am grateful for the time i spent working with children
A fun place to work with loving and accepting people
I really enjoy working at the Barrett Russel School, which falls under the reign of the Brockton Public School System. I worked as a per diem paraprofessional in integrated and sub-separate classrooms at the pre school level. I truly enjoy working with the children and the people you work with are so hands on and incredible with the kids.
Pros
A good lunch break
Cons
Children can be tough to work with
great job
One of the best places to work, the leadership was excellent. Working with special education students is not easy but the team was excellent and made the job so much easier with support and team work.
Thank goodness for good colleagues.
Working in BPS can be rewarding and engaging, however, it seems as though those in management have forgotten why they are in this profession. From the superintendent, to department heads, supervisors and principals, I have been truly disappointed at the decision-making, favoritism, and lack of support given to teachers. The dedicated professionals providing daily, direct care to some of the neediest students are not given the support and appreciation deserved. They are often micro-managed, questioned, belittled and disrespected by those holding supervisory roles.
Pros
Colleagues, students
Cons
Poor management, lack of funding, lack of support.
Great teacher staff dealing with challenging students
Working with students about behavior and not being supported by administration. Staff was very supportive of one an one and truly enjoyed and loved helping the student body.
Productive and fun place to work
Compensation is not the best but the employees as well as the kids are great. Depends from school to school obviously. If you enjoy working with kids, then the school system is the way to go.
Pros
free lunch, paid vacation
Cons
not many benefits, compensation is low
Cool Short term gig
If you like change and flexibility, this job is great because you literally have a choice as to which school you go to and you build your schedule accordingly.
Funnest place I ever worked
I enjoyed all 11 years teaching at Brockton High School. At the time I began my career, the school was run by some of the best people I've encountered in education. They made the place enjoyable and you felt they had your back.
Pros
Great coworkers, great benefits and ways to make extra money.
Cons
Kids could be tough. New regime had their own agenda.
fun place to work
fun place to work, feel like I can let my inner child out. Could be a little more organized though, most coworkers are never on the same page about plans.
Good Potential Wasted on Bad Finance Decisions
Good learning opportunities if you take initiative. Some roles are overpaid and others grossly underpaid. Only educators are rewarded at the expense of the finance dept. Superintendent and leadership have no clue about budgeting and how to fix funding problems.
Pros
Vacation and Healthcare is very good
Cons
Management and emphasis on classroom headcounts over managing for the future.
Great place to work.
A typical day is to serve all of the students and to make sure they get all of their meal.. I am a sub and have been given the opportunity to work at various Brockton Public Schools. I learned first hand what the school system considers to be healthy food for our school aged children. Management contacts me when they want me to come to work. They have been professional. I love working around the kids. Serving food is fast-paced and you must be focused. I need to get a second wind upon completion of my day's work. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the kids.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Being per diem.
Poor administrative support.
Due to poor management, discipline was a huge problem. Students were unmanageable and made teaching extremely difficult. Subsequently the administrator was removed and replaced. The school improved after I left.
Pros
Supportive collegues
Cons
Negative student behavior
productive work place
This job was a great opportunity. In a typical week we do the accruals first and input the sick, personal, vacation, etc days into Munis. We then get all of the weekly payroll and enter them into munis making sure each school and each group such as the paraprofessionals are balanced. After balancing the base pays we then input the overtime and balance those as well. The hardest part of the job is finding the reason we are not balanced because it means that either someone was overpaid, under paid or it was a calculation error. At this job I learned how to do payroll, important data entry, and more.