BROKEN ARROW PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Full of lies and intimidation
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 13, 2018
I worked at arrow springs excited, despite the countless complaints about how the principal there treats staff, nothing is ever done. She manipulates, lies, and tried to bully everyone into submission. Nothing is ever taken seriously with higher ups. The turn over rate at the school is ridiculous. She Chase's away wonderful teachers and tas and nothing is done about it. From what I have seen and heard this is not just happening at this school. Broken arrow also allows bullying to massive extremes in higher grades, so much so that I know 2 teachers who have older children that have had to get lawyers involved! Many of us have become very disenchanted working for ba schools, it could be a great place if they would take issues more seriously.
Pros
Decent benefits, year round pay
Cons
Bosses
Poor Management and bad schools
Before and After School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 18, 2018
Working for Broken Arrow Public Schools felt more like a popularity contest. Management at the Enrollment Office, who did the hiring, was very poor and very dishonest people. I felt like most of the teachers were in the profession for the wrong reasons plan to move away from this place all together
Pros
Cons
Teachers & Staff all the way around
Broken Arrow Public Schools
Executive Director of Student Information (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 14, 2018
Great school district for students who excel. Great extra-curricular activities available for students who want to be engaged. Great opportunities for high school students to advance with college and career options.
Teaching Family
Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 17, 2018
Teachers cared about every kid and each other. They shared what works for them and were always there to help each other. The Principal was truly there as a support to his staff.He would actually walk the halls to see what was going right. I hated to leave.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
old crumbly building, tile floor was hard on my back
Productive and well balanced place to work
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 28, 2018
Working in the Human Resources Department for BAPD was the
most rewarding job I have every had. The HR Staff as well as the
Administration Staff value each and every employee.
It a diversity.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 22, 2018
It is always diverse each day if subbing for different teachers each day. There are other teachers/staff willing to help. Managing students can be difficult if have a students with behavioral problems. I enjoyed my day when a student learn something from me.
Pros
Can pick who and where to go teach
Cons
never knowing if have a job for the day or not
Could be better
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 27, 2018
Reasonable work expectations for special education teachers would be an improvement. However, this is not only an issue in Broken Arrow Public Schools.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Among the best districts to work for in the Tulsa area
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 10, 2018
Teaching is a hard job and underpaid anywhere in Oklahoma, but BA is very supportive of their teachers and does more to help compensate their teachers' salaries than other districts in the area.
Fast paced job, low salary, little chance for advancement
Mainline Cook (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 12, 2017
This job entails a very heavy work load with very low compensation and little chance for advancement. Work conditions are usually very hot. Job includes heavy lifting.
Fast paced and fun environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 13, 2017
A usual day would be me in charge of a group of 40+ children. Keeping the space clean and safe for children and parents. Serving the parents and fulfilling the needs of them and their children. Accordance with DHS laws and regulations. The most enjoyable part of this job was the children who I love deeply. The worst part was the hours and the pay.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Not enough pay
Good place to work with great students
Special Education/9th Grade English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 7, 2017
Working with the students in the Broken Arrow Public School System was a joy. I could have used more assistance in mentoring however and a decent lunch hour.
Pros
Great faculty to work with and the kids are a joy.
Cons
Hardly ate lunch most of the time and could have used a planning period.
Administrative Secretary
Executive Secretary to the Principal (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 30, 2017
The hours are good if you can handle the lack of pay for holidays and days off. In Oklahoma no one is going to make the average pay in education. It can be a very fun and rewarding job. It just depends on the needs of the applicant.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Productive and fun working environment
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION COACH (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 9, 2017
There is ample opportunity to work with varied behavioral and mental health issues in this environment. Each day is a new day with new opportunities to learn. Very friendly and productive environment.
Pros
Benefits and educational opportunities
Cons
Pay Rate
Love working with kids. Teachers are at the top of my list of best jobs to have.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoy working for the schools, and the people I worked with.
I needed something that offered more pay and room for advancement.
I actually like the hours and having weekends and holidays off.
Also the summer break was nice and allowed me to plan vacations
with my family. It was a schedule that worked well for me when I had
children in school. I'm looking to explore other opportunities and
learn new things I haven't done before.
Pros
free lunches when I worked in the kitchens. Nice people to work with
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Typical School Environment
Dance Instructor for the Pride of BA (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 22, 2017
One of the best schools in Oklahoma and a very positive environment to work in. The arts are supported better in Broken Arrow Public Schools than they are in many other districts.
Good Place to Substitute
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 30, 2017
They take good care of the substitutes. The website where you pick up jobs is simple and easy to use. You can see past jobs you've done very easily as well. Most of the kids at the schools are very respectful and make teaching easy. Most of the full-time teachers in the schools are very helpful and kind.
Pros
Mostly positive environment, helpful staff
decent place to work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 15, 2017
I only worked 1 school year. I don't have much opinion. seemed to be a good job for a person with children in school and needing a job while kids are in school.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay
It is a great school district.
Secondary Educator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 3, 2017
It is a great school district. I enjoyed my tenure there and worked with many amazingly talented people who were deeply committed to education. It was a rewarding position.
Productive place to work, could improve wages
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow Hugh SchoolJuly 26, 2017
I have the privilege to work with some great people who love serving our special needs children in the community that attend Broken Arrow High School. Having a special needs child of my own, I understand the importance of strong team work and excellent communication among staff members to teach and care for the students in the best environment possible. The wages are not such to provide support employees a livable wage. Most support employee's have a two income home or have two jobs.
Pros
summers and school holidays off with my kids
Cons
support employees are not paid year around nor paid a livable wage
Somewhat of a great place to work
Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 25, 2017
Not enough pay for what they ask you to perform. Work environment needs a lot of improvements. A lot of hoops to jump through to complete the task at hand.
Pros
Time off, benefits, and flexible time off.