BROKEN ARROW PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Fun place to work and great people.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 7, 2018
Wonderful people to work with. Able to get many things accomplished in between route times. Supervisor has open door policy so that is very nice. Such a joy to see the smiling faces of students when you pull up to their stop. Great to let them off at their home and tell them to have a wonderful evening and that you will be seeing them tomorrow.
Pros
Able to get errands accomplished in between runs.
Cons
Don't have any.
good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 3, 2018
good place to work if you have kids, you are off work on the days kids are out of school ie. holidays. Usually have time to get kis to school and are home before they get out.
Pros
friendly helpfull staff
Cons
pay rate
I loved working at the school because I was involved in supporting all school employees and students in a professional environment.
Office Manager and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Broken Arrow Virtual High School because of my involvement with the students and being main support to principal, teachers, counselors, and working with other staff members. It was fun being around the students while encouraging them to be their best and to apply their knowledge and increase their skills, while also enjoying this once in a life time experience in high school. It was great working with all staff while contributing to the overall experience of the students.
Pros
Good daily schedule, working with students and staff
Cons
Compensation
Great example of OK public schools struggles
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 8, 2018
The class sizes were very large. My largest was 38, but some teachers had up to 42+ from what I heard. The building (the Freshmen Academy) is relatively small compared to the number of students. My fellow coworkers were constantly frustrated with one thing or another.The administration always supported its staff.
Pros
Great administration
Cons
Short lunches, biology department head was disrespectful
Great town, great district
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 24, 2018
Love living here and the BA school district, wish my children had gone there. The students are polite and respectful. The teachers and admin a great bunch to work with.
Pros
It's a great school district
Cons
At the High School the classrooms are in buildings but the buildings aren't connected, weather is a factor.
Full of lies and intimidation
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 13, 2018
I worked at arrow springs excited, despite the countless complaints about how the principal there treats staff, nothing is ever done. She manipulates, lies, and tried to bully everyone into submission. Nothing is ever taken seriously with higher ups. The turn over rate at the school is ridiculous. She Chase's away wonderful teachers and tas and nothing is done about it. From what I have seen and heard this is not just happening at this school. Broken arrow also allows bullying to massive extremes in higher grades, so much so that I know 2 teachers who have older children that have had to get lawyers involved! Many of us have become very disenchanted working for ba schools, it could be a great place if they would take issues more seriously.
Pros
Decent benefits, year round pay
Cons
Bosses
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 11, 2018
Enjoyable job. Created family atmosphere. Excellent management. Easy going schedule. Loved summers and holidays off with my kids. Tuition reimbursement options,
Poor Management and bad schools
Before and After School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 18, 2018
Working for Broken Arrow Public Schools felt more like a popularity contest. Management at the Enrollment Office, who did the hiring, was very poor and very dishonest people. I felt like most of the teachers were in the profession for the wrong reasons plan to move away from this place all together
Pros
Cons
Teachers & Staff all the way around
Broken Arrow Public Schools
Executive Director of Student Information (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 14, 2018
Great school district for students who excel. Great extra-curricular activities available for students who want to be engaged. Great opportunities for high school students to advance with college and career options.
Teaching Family
Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 17, 2018
Teachers cared about every kid and each other. They shared what works for them and were always there to help each other. The Principal was truly there as a support to his staff.He would actually walk the halls to see what was going right. I hated to leave.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
old crumbly building, tile floor was hard on my back
Productive and well balanced place to work
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 28, 2018
Working in the Human Resources Department for BAPD was the
most rewarding job I have every had. The HR Staff as well as the
Administration Staff value each and every employee.
It a diversity.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 22, 2018
It is always diverse each day if subbing for different teachers each day. There are other teachers/staff willing to help. Managing students can be difficult if have a students with behavioral problems. I enjoyed my day when a student learn something from me.
Pros
Can pick who and where to go teach
Cons
never knowing if have a job for the day or not
Could be better
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 27, 2018
Reasonable work expectations for special education teachers would be an improvement. However, this is not only an issue in Broken Arrow Public Schools.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Among the best districts to work for in the Tulsa area
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 10, 2018
Teaching is a hard job and underpaid anywhere in Oklahoma, but BA is very supportive of their teachers and does more to help compensate their teachers' salaries than other districts in the area.
Fast paced job, low salary, little chance for advancement
Mainline Cook (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 12, 2017
This job entails a very heavy work load with very low compensation and little chance for advancement. Work conditions are usually very hot. Job includes heavy lifting.
Fast paced and fun environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 13, 2017
A usual day would be me in charge of a group of 40+ children. Keeping the space clean and safe for children and parents. Serving the parents and fulfilling the needs of them and their children. Accordance with DHS laws and regulations. The most enjoyable part of this job was the children who I love deeply. The worst part was the hours and the pay.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Not enough pay
Good place to work with great students
Special Education/9th Grade English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 7, 2017
Working with the students in the Broken Arrow Public School System was a joy. I could have used more assistance in mentoring however and a decent lunch hour.
Pros
Great faculty to work with and the kids are a joy.
Cons
Hardly ate lunch most of the time and could have used a planning period.
Administrative Secretary
Executive Secretary to the Principal (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 30, 2017
The hours are good if you can handle the lack of pay for holidays and days off. In Oklahoma no one is going to make the average pay in education. It can be a very fun and rewarding job. It just depends on the needs of the applicant.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Productive and fun working environment
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION COACH (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 9, 2017
There is ample opportunity to work with varied behavioral and mental health issues in this environment. Each day is a new day with new opportunities to learn. Very friendly and productive environment.
Pros
Benefits and educational opportunities
Cons
Pay Rate
Love working with kids. Teachers are at the top of my list of best jobs to have.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoy working for the schools, and the people I worked with.
I needed something that offered more pay and room for advancement.
I actually like the hours and having weekends and holidays off.
Also the summer break was nice and allowed me to plan vacations
with my family. It was a schedule that worked well for me when I had
children in school. I'm looking to explore other opportunities and
learn new things I haven't done before.
Pros
free lunches when I worked in the kitchens. Nice people to work with
Cons
no benefits, low pay