BROKEN ARROW PUBLIC SCHOOLS Culture reviews

Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 11, 2018
Enjoyable job. Created family atmosphere. Excellent management. Easy going schedule. Loved summers and holidays off with my kids. Tuition reimbursement options,
Public School Teacher
Educator (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow schoolJuly 15, 2015
Low pay, long hours, little respect or professionalism.
Rewarding experience working with adolescenct students.

Parents and Administration give little respect or praise to teachers. The pay is horrible and there is a set payscale for everyone. Teachers in Oklahoma have not had a pay raise or cost of living adjustment in over 10 years. Most of the teachers I know have two jobs. That is another job outside of the classroom to support themselves. Most teachers don't last the first year, but most quit after their 4th or 5th year due to low pay and disrespect from students, parents, and administrators. If you are interested in teaching it is a great profession. Just move to Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, etc... These states value teachers and have competitive saleries for the level of education you must have to be a teacher.
Pros
Giving back to the community
Cons
Long hours, low pay, disrespect
Great Place to Work
Technology Support Specialist-Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OkMay 22, 2015
I love working for Broken Arrow Public Schools. I love the management here. I love the team I work with. I am challenged daily and enjoy research and assisting teachers and staff.
Great collegues; lots of politics
Educator (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OkJanuary 5, 2014
Good place to work. Very demanding with little satisfaction of job well done. However, that is an aspect of the profession along with purpose and hope. Lots of politics at district and state level. Poor communication between departments.
Pros
holidays
Cons
short breaks, demanding, poor salary
Great school system
Substitute School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow OklahomaMay 22, 2013
Perfect job for a mom who wants to work from time to time, great staff and support system.