Bronco Wine Company Employee Reviews

Family owned company
Key Account Manager, NJ (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CANovember 13, 2019
A family owned company that is rapidly growing. A great place to get supplier experience and learn the ins and outs at the top of the three tier system.
The first call i made looking for employment landed a better job than Bronco Wine could ever fairly provide.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CANovember 12, 2019
My typical Monday thru Friday was a scheduled 6am to 430pm,no O.T.shift. From start up sanitation Sunday night thru shut down and sanitation Friday night or Saturday morning I'd have between 1,up to 5 phone calls which involved returning to work to get the bottling lines in production. Bottling Maint. Did all, changeover, maint, machine set up, recipe verification, and so on.
Organized,Productive and fun workplace
Quality Assurance Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 23, 2019
Some days are harder than other pending on the work load, very organized great place to learn new skills, (knowing what's bottling week to week) I love working in the lab with great people
organised
Cellar Worker (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CASeptember 21, 2019
upon each day you arrived to work you had a task board that would have every workers name on it, you needed to find your name and station number each morning that you were set too for the day.
Pros
always working
Don't waste your time
All (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CASeptember 13, 2019
Management is lazy!!!!!!!!! And if you work hard and do good things to help the company you will get fired ( for nothing ) they can't handle a challenge and refuse to work so don't make them look bad or they will come together and get rid of you! They like to sit in the office and talk about others that do work allll day...don't count on honesty and truth..they are scared of people who actually work and make things better...
productive
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 8, 2019
Good environment to work with, the coworkers are very helpful. There are different departments where I assisted and I learned a lot about the different areas in the office.
Would not recommend working here, especially if you're a temp. Pay is trash and so is whole experience
Rack and Blender (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CASeptember 6, 2019
Bronco is worse than jail, whole place is gated. Not worth what you're getting paid, extremely physical and stressful. Temps are treated like outsiders and people who have been there long treat them like trash. New rules being enforced every week in favor of getting rid of you. If supervisors don't like you they fire you without letting you know so you show up to work and not allowed in the gate. Job description is terrible, you're basically doing everything and everybody's work. Overwork you to where you have no life and no energy, definitely not worth it long term. DON'T WORK HERE!!!
Cons
It feels like you're back in high school
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 29, 2019
Bad management and no training at all! You have many supervisors and by that I mean every other regular employee trying to act like a supervisor! Office environment is like you're back in high school - too much gossiping about others!
Great Starting Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 4, 2019
Great starting job I loved my job but after almost a year I was still getting paid $12.50 an hour. It just wasn't worth the low pay but great people my day was always good just not paid enough.
Productive and fun place to work, many on the job perks.
Tasting Room Host (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 9, 2019
During a typical work day the wine tasting room could accomadate as many as 25-40 guests at a single time, and service more than 100 guests per day. I learned about varietals of wine, proper techniques for opening wine/champage bottles, as well as, techniques for how to pour and taste wine properly. The management staff were super friendly and carried a passion for excellant service and gratituity towards their customers. The workplace culture was inclusive of all type of people and is typicall enjoyed by all ages 21 and over. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing satisfied customers. The hardest part of the job was tending to multiple guests during rush hour or on busy days/nights.
Under paid and very poorly managed
Rack and blender/operator (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 27, 2019
Grave yard Supervisiors sit in front of there computers watching sport center and relying heavy on there foreman’s to run the shift foremans trying to get work done with the unexperience workers they have grave supervisors there are very lazy they call there foreman’s to pick up a cap off the floor when there literally standing right next to it just because there too lazy to bend over and put on tank or to roll up a small hose it’s really pathetic bronco’s motto is one bronco one family all lies right there Best thing about grave yard was there two R&B foreman’s not sure how they deal with the Orange Hats hopefully upper management sees this message and takes action ASAP foreman’s would be a great asset at another winery were they will be recognized and appreciated for what they do to get jobs done just my opinion just ask the workers I’m sure they will tell you would not recommend anyone to work here until action is taken.
Pros
Great lead foreman’s on shift
Cons
Lazy supervisors
This is the worst possible place to work.
Bottling Maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 16, 2019
This is the worst possible place to work one day everything is great and the next day they terminate you for no reason. Hr doesn't want to help you with anything but they will write you up with no proof of anything. I would give them zero stars. They terminate the good employees and leave the rest of us trying to get the job done with nobody to guide us.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Horrible
Operator (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 13, 2019
Horrible Place to work for bottling production assistant manager and Bottling Production supervisors sexist and racist and unprofessional lack of the ability to perform their duties professionally I would never recommend to work here Just because their managers and supervisors they get away with saying unappropriate things they tend to belittle you and hit on you And when you don’t go with the flow and reject their sexual advancements they say you’re not working well Or come up with something to either write you up or make you look bad
Pros
Cons
Racist
Hands down best company to work for
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 27, 2019
Just gotta say bronco wine is gotta be the best company i ever worked for growth is there if you put effort in your job tasks and be productive.you will be rewarded.bronco is not stingy believe me they hold safty first and creates opurtunity for growh. They pay for training to make it all around 👍. I started as a temp at bronco work my tail off and have been awarded so yea growth is always there.
Pros
Great company to retire with
Cons
Havnt found one yet
Amazing work environment within team, not as much on a large scale.
Automations and Ignition Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 24, 2019
Within the Automations section of Maintenance at Bronco, I was taught an amazing worth of skills by my supervisor, and with my coworker/fellow intern. However, outside of that group, it was not the best environment I would say. Not a terribly bad company by any means but there were coworkers I was fond of and coworkers I am not sure ever remembered my name. I found my position was paid below average for a mechanical engineering intern, however I was still happy with what I learned and feel I can use that knowledge further in my career.
Pros
Wonderful connection between my coworker and supervisor, learned many things I would not have learned at school.
Cons
Lack of connection between other coworkers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 18, 2019
Virtually no room for advancement. Management provides very little training and actively restricts the ability to continue professional growth. No opportunity for bonus. Low pay.
Pros
Family owned company
Cons
Very poor compensation.
Not worth it.
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 8, 2019
They are under paying their employees with the promise of making money. Ever since they went non-union they are kicking out the long term employees and replacing them with younger for half of what the job paid for before.
It's a productive place to work
Swing Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Escalon, CAMarch 23, 2019
Bronco is a place that you get out what you put in.I've had a lot of good experiences learning about the company and myself working with management to get projects done some of which have been very fulfilling.
Pros
Federal Holidays are given.
Cons
Getting information from management on which direction a department will take
you can learn all the hard work that is put to make wine.
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 23, 2019
its a good job to start getting experience. During the harvest it can get stressful which can be a challenge but it builds character. however theres limited opportunities .
Pros
benefits, can learn how to oporate a lot of equipment
Cons
not a lot of opportunities to grow
The Rejected Gallo Family
Racker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 19, 2019
As a racket blender during crush at both Gallo winery and Bronco I can say without doubt this company is built with employees who couldn’t make it at the other local wineries and rejects overall. If you’d like minimum pay for maximum effort 12+ hrs a day working with broken equipment and ghetto rigging everything from hoses and gaskets to deadly 480v electricity lying around. I’d rather die before climbing stairs forever
Pros
No such thing