Bronco Wine Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Enviroment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 16, 2018
Excellent management and co-workers. Fast pace movement and hard labor. But overall a great place to work and get you foot in the work force. I love all the employees there.
easy work environment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAMarch 16, 2018
work was easy just standing for a very long time employees were not friendly but like the fast pace environment pay was good but hours were terrible ..
poorly managed
Cellar Master (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAMarch 5, 2018
Poorly managed family run business. Very cut throat work environment especially at the manger level. Heavy work load and unorganized processing schedule
benefits
Cons
bad work environment and culture
fun place to work
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 22, 2018
training is above the top great hands on in a team inviroment
as far as processes bronco is one of the leading companies in the wine industry
co workers are great, but you will find haters like everywhere.
management is great easy to talk to keep up the good work Mr.Baker.
over all I can say Bronco is one of the Best Winery to work for with processes being up to date, new system software.
truly leading the industry along with Gallo Winery.
Pros
Great place to learn and build a career
Cons
Haters
Great place to start
Analytical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Great place to start and receive knowledge on a ag career. I say to start because the pay is lower than any other winery but they are amazing people and give u good opertunity to expand ur knowledge.
Bronco wine
Swing Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Escalon, CADecember 26, 2017
I do enjoy working at Bronco wine. There are a lot of good people there to help you and guide you. If you are willing to work hard you will have steady work. There is however not a lot of room to advance due to the steady work.
Pros
A lot of the Fed Holidays you can get in most departments.
Cons
Not a lot of room to advance.
Working at Bronco Wine Company was like being in jail.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CADecember 23, 2017
Worse place I have ever worked in. No real offices they have old trailers and you are required to wear business professional attire every day. Worse management that I have ever seen. Absolutely no work ethics management bad mouths sales reps and owner.
Pros
Free wine and discounts
Cons
Low pay, unethical management
Bronco Winery (Madera)
Rack and blender (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAOctober 27, 2017
Small friendly place to work. Good old fashioned hard work and fair management. Location is far out in country, but winery is fully functional start to finish. An employee here is going to learn the whole wine making process. from crush to bottling.
Pros
Good established company
Cons
Very rural
Friendly people!
Weigh Master (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 22, 2017
Very friendly people and very straight forward job. The experience was great and I hope to work for them in the near future again. I learned a lot the little time I was there.
Pay does not keep up with competitors
Assistant Winemaker (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 22, 2017
What Bronco pays does not keep up with competitors and nearby wineries. We get small "cost of living" increases every year, but this barely covers the increase in cost of our healthcare plans.
Very busy place to work
Point of Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 17, 2017
Bronco was a nice place to work set schedule, friendly employees. Liked that it was full time and their medical benefits were great.dealt with alot off sales representatives so that was a good experience also
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Alot of traffic
sometimes is very stressful working there
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 12, 2017
Sometimes work gets really slow and we don't work enough hours. Sometimes we only have work for 3 to 4 days and we have to work sometimes 12 hours but I hope work picks up a little bit more.
It's a good place to learn
Senior Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  33 Harlow court Napa CaAugust 2, 2017
It's a very nice place where you can learn, some days will be issues in which you need to make a decision to solve the situation.
I learn to do all the analysis of wine, bottling line processes, audit, working with SOP due the ISO certification, calibration of all QA Lab equipment, inspection and approve materials, Holds and release product and materials.
Pros
If the work is slow you will be off with no pay unless you have hours of vacations
Cons
One minute late and you get a warning/ with 5 you are fired
a laid back fast pace type of job
Cellar Compliance Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJuly 25, 2017
depending on the time of the season it can get really busy and then can get very slow. no overtime in my department. 10-12 hours for other shifts. people come and go.
Pros
offers 401k plans. health, dental, vision.
Cons
poor management, unfair wages without proper compensation
A large Company
Regional Sales Manager Michigan/Ohio (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJuly 25, 2017
Bronco was a great Company to work for. After a change in Management from the Old to New, they had several growing issues. When I started there we had 18 brands, upon leaving 6 years later they had about 130 brands. Review meetings we're stressful. The Company dissolved my position after a Medical issue that was fixed by a Knee replacement.
Great supervisors, foremans walk around during night shift play video games on thier cell phone & cuzz at workers when ever they get overwhelmed
Rack and Blender (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CaJuly 21, 2017
Go ahead & apply if you want to be over worked & underpaid...no advancements even for the knowledgeable. Coworkers are friendly....they promised but didn't deliver, was excited at first but was extremely disappointed in the end.
Pros
Gift @ Christmas luncheon
Cons
Not allowed to bring spouse to christmas event
Horrible!
Cellar Worker (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJuly 12, 2017
I worked in the cellar dept and the one positive thing I can say is that our foreman was a pretty good guy and on top of his game. I interviewed for the Escalon plant and was offered the job. after completing my physical and background check they transferred me to the ceres location a day before my orientation. I wasn't pleased due to the fact my travel went from 5 minutes to a 45 minute drive to work. The pay is garbage for the duties they have you do. I'm all about physical labor. However, you should be compensated for it. It's hot, miserable, can't find the required tools to do your job sufficiently. You literally have to walk the entire plant to find the necessary equipment. Typical day is prioritizing your p.o's setting up lines, pumps, and gauging tanks etc. If you're doing a stop be prepared to be stuck on top of tanks for hours on ends and continuously checking your gauge every minute to make sure you don't go over when you're transferring wine. You'll literally fry as there is no shade nor any available water. You can't carry water. You have to go to the board room to hydrate. All in all it's a joke. Hope this helps.
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
Short breaks
good place to work as a first job
Racker/Blender (Current Employee) –  Escalon, CAJuly 9, 2017
I enjoy workering here everyday. My coworkers are great and are always willing to help if needed or asked for. The only con about this place is the pay and job opportunities .
not bad
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 29, 2017
atmosphere is not bad here. for 4 months overtime is a must, but is not bad. pay is not bad. people are nice to work with. management was good to deal with too.
Very TOXIC work place
In management (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 27, 2017
Management is still stuck in a time where it was ok to treat employees worse than dogs. Old school. Culture what culture? Fear is their culture.. worst management I have ever seen
Pros
Discounts on their gross wine