Bronson Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent team
Blood Management Service, Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 13, 2018
Bronson has assembled a great group of people who truly put their patients first. The workplace culture is inclusive and supportive, with a focus on seeing how our individual role contributes to the goal of better patient care.
Worst place ever
Practice Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 7, 2018
Bronson internal med & rheum is the worst place to work. If you want a manager that controls your work and personal life then apply. Horrible place to work.
Pros
When I left
Cons
Everything.
Policies not applied consitently
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 11, 2018
Policies change depending on the person involved at the time. Hard to keep up with "what way we do things today". Non responsive Managers.

Many decision just don't make sense. Employee told what they want to hear at the time and then manager goes back on their word.

Very clicky group and you fit in well if you are a friend of the Manager.
Pros
Vacation time, benefits, salary and co-workers
Cons
Toxic environment
Overall good company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIAugust 26, 2018
I learned alot during my time with Bronson, great place to learn but not alot of advancement opportunities. Communication has become e-mail based and not personal and changes seem to be based on upper management not by those that do the job.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Lack of communication
Most of the people I worked with were great!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIAugust 22, 2018
I feel HR did not do their due diligence to investigate a false accusation against me. I believe that they put my issue to the side and then ran out of time, after two weeks of “investigation” they had no proof to show me and let me go.
Pros
Most co workers were great!
Cons
HR and no support from management.
An outstanding place to work
Epic Network Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 25, 2018
Highly focused on both professional and personal growth! I highly recommend this employer. The IT department has all of the tools necessary to provide excellent support to all of their customers.
Wish I could go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 27, 2018
I loved it there and the housekeeping supervisor she went above and beyond to help I just couldn't help myself but I loved working there and the staff in the BC were so wonderful and caring
Pros
Badge to swipe for meals, friendly staff
Cons
Wouldn't work with me after I went to rehab
I’d say it’s a good place. The pay is on the lower end for non-clinical employmees.
Reimbursement specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 22, 2018
I’d say it’s better than the other hospital in the area. You do get a full range of benefits but the health insurance could be better. They need to have a pharmacy that is open on the weekends For employees that only can get prescriptions fully covered through them.
Pros
Generous time off
Cons
Lower than normal pay for non-clinical workers.
Severe Bullying
RN Critical care (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 14, 2018
There is a severe bullying problem between nurses at BMH downtown. Management refuses to address problems and HR simply tells people to talk nice to each other. Horrible place to work!
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Bullying & lack of management support
Positive environment with room for advancement upon achieving degrees and certifications.
Fixed Asset Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 6, 2018
One of the biggest employers in Kalamazoo, MI. Community minded and gives back to the community. Continuing education is encouraged for advancement and growth opportunities.
High demands, low pay
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 8, 2018
The job itself is a great job. I enjoy the work involved and It comes with many benefits such as working from home. However they have a very unfair/unbalanced way of determining a persons pay and people doing the same jobs are getting paid at very different levels, with some of the most experienced, good workers being paid the very lowest rate.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay
home care of pediatric patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Home care and management of Pediatric patients with trachs, vents, tube feedings etc. Order supplies and medications and dealing with patient families.
Pros
great inservices and management involvement
Cons
required night shifts
I love my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 5, 2018
As a brand new nurse in a very fast paced and stressful environment this job can be tough. But, in my unit, the teamwork is amazing between everyone from the housekeeping staff to the doctors . There are going to bad things at every job and every hospital. But, I know when people say they hate BBC, that they haven’t been to my unit. It is what you make it!
Pros
Team work
Cons
Pay isn’t very competitive
Substandard care. Backstabbing and politics override "positivity"
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 1, 2017
The negativity, gossip and backstabbing in this organization overpower the importance of patient care. This facility is behind the times with its care standards, spinning its wheels to establish relevancy. Administration works harder at portraying an image of "Positivity" than it does on implementing standards and changes to better serve its community. A very stressful environment. Challenges with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
Pros
Political negative culture
Cons
Benefits package
Great Place to work, limited advancement without Schooling
employee (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 25, 2017
Great company to work for. if you do not have a medical/Business based degree your ability to move up is limited, but an excellent place to get your foot in the door in a medical setting.
Pros
Good Pay, and benefits.
Cons
Limited advancement.
I love my leadership and the people I work[ed] with...very sad to have to leave. :-(
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI 49007September 21, 2017
Absolutely, hands down, the best leaders and best work environment I have ever worked within...I am saddened to have to leave but my husband was recalled to active duty military a very long ways away from our home and Bronson HealthGroup. It was a pleasurable and very enjoyable experience...thank you, all (you know who you are)...:-)
Wrost Job ever Do not do Housekeeping treat workers like there animals
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 21, 2017
Do NOT do house keeping poor management they treat workers very bad and very fast pace stressful a lot Petty write ups and drama among workers everyone only stays to bid out . There quick put you on probation or fire you for any reason place a lot racist slur against African Americans
Pros
Over time
Cons
Managements
bad place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 20, 2017
management and director of surgery are very poor, they talk about people and cant be trusted. Drs don't follow policy and use dirty instruments. very stressful place to work
Pros
good money
Cons
very very stressfull.
productive with lot of growth potential
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, MISeptember 5, 2017
Fast paced environment with a lot of growth potential, team work based environment friendly knowledgeable management. Understanding and easy work enviroment.
Pros
friendly staff to work with
high paced work environment
dme supervisor (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 27, 2017
High stress and very fast paced, management life expectancy five years. Most mid level leaders will be removed forced resignation. This is very true.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cut throat environment