Bronson Healthcare Employee Reviews

An outstanding place to work
Epic Network Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 25, 2018
Highly focused on both professional and personal growth! I highly recommend this employer. The IT department has all of the tools necessary to provide excellent support to all of their customers.
Wish I could go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 27, 2018
I loved it there and the housekeeping supervisor she went above and beyond to help I just couldn't help myself but I loved working there and the staff in the BC were so wonderful and caring
Pros
Badge to swipe for meals, friendly staff
Cons
Wouldn't work with me after I went to rehab
Severe Bullying
RN Critical care (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 14, 2018
There is a severe bullying problem between nurses at BMH downtown. Management refuses to address problems and HR simply tells people to talk nice to each other. Horrible place to work!
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Bullying & lack of management support
Positive environment with room for advancement upon achieving degrees and certifications.
Fixed Asset Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 6, 2018
One of the biggest employers in Kalamazoo, MI. Community minded and gives back to the community. Continuing education is encouraged for advancement and growth opportunities.
High demands, low pay
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 8, 2018
The job itself is a great job. I enjoy the work involved and It comes with many benefits such as working from home. However they have a very unfair/unbalanced way of determining a persons pay and people doing the same jobs are getting paid at very different levels, with some of the most experienced, good workers being paid the very lowest rate.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay
home care of pediatric patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Home care and management of Pediatric patients with trachs, vents, tube feedings etc. Order supplies and medications and dealing with patient families.
Pros
great inservices and management involvement
Cons
required night shifts
I love my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 5, 2018
As a brand new nurse in a very fast paced and stressful environment this job can be tough. But, in my unit, the teamwork is amazing between everyone from the housekeeping staff to the doctors . There are going to bad things at every job and every hospital. But, I know when people say they hate BBC, that they haven’t been to my unit. It is what you make it!
Pros
Team work
Cons
Pay isn’t very competitive
Substandard care. Backstabbing and politics override "positivity"
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 1, 2017
The negativity, gossip and backstabbing in this organization overpower the importance of patient care. This facility is behind the times with its care standards, spinning its wheels to establish relevancy. Administration works harder at portraying an image of "Positivity" than it does on implementing standards and changes to better serve its community. A very stressful environment. Challenges with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
Pros
Political negative culture
Cons
Benefits package
Great Place to work, limited advancement without Schooling
employee (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 25, 2017
Great company to work for. if you do not have a medical/Business based degree your ability to move up is limited, but an excellent place to get your foot in the door in a medical setting.
Pros
Good Pay, and benefits.
Cons
Limited advancement.
I love my leadership and the people I work[ed] with...very sad to have to leave. :-(
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI 49007September 21, 2017
Absolutely, hands down, the best leaders and best work environment I have ever worked within...I am saddened to have to leave but my husband was recalled to active duty military a very long ways away from our home and Bronson HealthGroup. It was a pleasurable and very enjoyable experience...thank you, all (you know who you are)...:-)

Want to know more about Bronson Healthcare?

Ask a question
Wrost Job ever Do not do Housekeeping treat workers like there animals
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 21, 2017
Do NOT do house keeping poor management they treat workers very bad and very fast pace stressful a lot Petty write ups and drama among workers everyone only stays to bid out . There quick put you on probation or fire you for any reason place a lot racist slur against African Americans
Pros
Over time
Cons
Managements
bad place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 20, 2017
management and director of surgery are very poor, they talk about people and cant be trusted. Drs don't follow policy and use dirty instruments. very stressful place to work
Pros
good money
Cons
very very stressfull.
productive with lot of growth potential
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, MISeptember 5, 2017
Fast paced environment with a lot of growth potential, team work based environment friendly knowledgeable management. Understanding and easy work enviroment.
Pros
friendly staff to work with
high paced work environment
dme supervisor (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 27, 2017
High stress and very fast paced, management life expectancy five years. Most mid level leaders will be removed forced resignation. This is very true.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cut throat environment
Bad
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 25, 2017
Management and director of surgery very poor dishonest very bad will not stand behind staff treat some staff unfair if your manager -Director dislikes you, they talk about other staff
no comment
Registered Orthopedic Tech (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 21, 2017
I worked at Bronson for over two years and enjoyed my experience. Benefits are okay. Great culture in the E.R. Coworker help each other out. My hours were great.
worst job I ever had
Physician (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 16, 2017
Management are not supportive at all. Administration are bullies. I learned not to trust, they pretended they cared about me as a person just to get personal information.
Pros
Cons
as above
Wmed
EMR Data Abstractor - Contract WMED (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 11, 2017
Great people, great staff. Wonderful place to work if you can get hired in. Only worked on contract basis. Job board not updated as frequent as it should be. You apply on line and don't know if someone was selected only by word of mouth.
Pros
Great positive place
Cons
Hard to get in
For employees, it's an excellent place to work
Contracted Human Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 16, 2017
I worked there as a contracted employee. After beginning, I found out that if a job is posted, internal employees will be interviewed first. The company encourages internal employees to bid on positions to learn as much about the culture as possible. For this reason, you really do not have an advantage if a job is posted, especially if a qualified internal applicant wants the same position.

The culture is positive, and the employees have a lot of fun together. There is a high expectation on professionalism, strict adherence to procedures, and positive attitude.

One important note: employees are expected to adhere to a very strict dress code. If you have tattoos, they must be covered up. The reason is that Tattoos draw the attention to the person with the tattoo; instead of the focus remaining on the patient.
Pros
Highly ethical
Cons
Temps have no advantage over a regular employee
Bronson Health Care
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 4, 2017
Patient centered care is focused in our every day practice. Fast paste work environment with daily goals to be met. I've learned how to accommodate with all my patients and providers. Hardest part of my job is when a patient is in pain or their needs aren't being met. My goal is to make sure everyone around me is getting their needs met safely and timely. Best part of my job is helping others or just putting a smile on someones face.