Bronx Community College Employee Reviews

fun work place,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2018
it was an honor to work at bronx community college. you get to interact with fellow students, faculty, vice presidents and presidents of different departments. and much more can be said. my supervisor at the time was amazing.
Pros
excellent networking skills, you work as a team and makes the work load easier
Cons
didnt want to leave
Fairly good
Student Aide (Library) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 8, 2018
It was a busy environment and it really kept me occupied. It really help me with my class schedule due to its time flexibility at the job. I would recommend this job to someone who like sorting files and books.
Assistant Secretary and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 6, 2018
I chose not to respond to this summary if you don't mind me saying this just overall great at this job but it was just an intern ship that all i can really write.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun work place
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Learned how to work in a fast stressful work out place and continue to work without losing my composure. . Also learned how to work with other who were having a bad day
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Time management was a big deal for me, with BCC i learned to manage my time. I was part of the volley ball team and work well with my team. as an entry level position i would recommend BCC
Great Job I Guess...
Customer Service Trainee/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2018
great job I guess I dont know because I was an Intern/Volunteer at the time. Overall I guess It is a good job. I interned there many years ago. Cant really say much about it...
Nice people to work with, who have tons of experience.
Lab Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Nice people to work with, who have tons of experience. Would've been better if the management was more organized. The teachers are great and very flexible.
It was a slow paced job, however a great experience.
Library Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2018
I worked as a library clerk, it was a very calm and chilled environment. My supervisor at the time was very helpful and understanding. This was one of my first jobs and I learned skills a person needs when working in a library.
Pros
Free Lunch from time to time.
Cons
This was a seasonal job.
comp lab dep
computing lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2018
I love to work with the students and staff at Bronx Community College. supervisors are very respectful as well as comprehensive. It would be my pleasure to continue working with the type of people I work with.
Creative environment
College Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2017
Amazing Staff, Great passionate Professors. workdays are normally peaceful. Campus improvements are always happening. The art computer lab staff are always friendly and helpful.
Learning Enviornment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 27, 2017
You would always learn new things in which you may not have known before and you could always ask for help, the people were very helpful. The job was also very flexible especially if you are a student.
Best experience work at the college.
Biology Tutor/ College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 19, 2017
Most rewarding job working as a biology tutor. It incorporated the two aspect i most love in life science and teaching. I would have stayed working with them as long as i could but i had a family to take care of at the time.
Pros
Great relationship with staff
Cons
Never had a bad day
Great Team
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
Amazing work experience with professors and students alike. Team efforts on all endeavors. Motivational experience to pursue careers and furthering your own education.
Fun place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
Very good working atmosphere to work, and the staffing is very friendly. In addition, the management of the college were very friendly and understanding.
loved it
Activity Coordinator/Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 17, 2017
I loved helping students unlock their underlined potential and showing them that they had the proper tools to write an essay and get a good grade. Management was great and very supportive.
Decent place to work
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2017
The work environment is pleasant when is slow. However, when its registration time for students it can be very stressful and hectic. If you are just a part time employee its hard to get promoted or get a full time job. Full time jobs are mostly given to those that have taken the to work for CUNY. I was told that only those who score very well on the test from 95-100 are considered for a position at CUNY. Therefore, making it difficult to get hired within CUNY.
Pros
Overall very professional business casual environment.
Cons
It's hard to find career opportunities within the campus, unless you know someone that can put in a good word, or take the city exam and score well.
Friendly work-environment, but seeking more challenging work environment
Strategic Program Analyst / CLT (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2017
I seek a more challenging position that utilizes my education and skill set effectively; a job that is more intrinsically rewarding as well.

Although the work culture in my department is generally positive and constructive, the same cannot be said of the larger organizational structure.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Mismanagement and bureaucratic inefficiency
Productive, easy going environment
College Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2017
The environment was positive. I experienced both team and independent work. I was able to implement new ideas and enhance the day to day system. Positive encouragement and appreciation from Director and supported new changes.
Teaching undergrad students
Assistant Professor Engineering (Current Employee) –  Engineering, physics and technology departmentSeptember 12, 2017
The labs are out of date and the the culture at job is unsatisfactory , Management not professional and unethical . Too much politics and less productivity .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Administration no professional and ethical behavior
many classes, students of varying degrees of readiness
Substitute Assistant Professor Mathematics (Former Employee) –  2155 University Ave. Bronx New York 10453September 5, 2017
It was a temporary position with a very high teaching load,
at ponts I was there 12 hours a day
the department is very good and cares about students and education and maintaining appropriate level of rigor . I did not have an office and it was at points difficult to arrange to meet students. The facilities left some to be desired. my dental and healthcare plans were less extensive and supportive than they had been in previous jobs, with higher costs for medication and higher copays etc.