Bronx Lebanon Hospital Employee Reviews

Dependable as a PCT to work in high-stress environments and stay calm under pressure. Provided care for patients.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 17, 2018
My day a work could be a little crazy, but as long my patients are taking care well and their happy, iam happy. I learned how to communicate with staffs and patients to make the patient always comfortable in there stay in the hospital. My opinion about Managers juggle several responsibilities, They plan, direct, and coordinate others. Because of the diversity of the role, healthcare managers must have skills in: Communication, Collaborating, Personnel and Budgeting their abilities to meet increasing hospital standards for us and our patients. Success of a workplace culture is organizations that allow their employees to innovate and revel in both successes and failures. It is teams reaching goals and everyone bringing their best work to the table. The hardest part of the job, Realizing that no matter how great you could be as a nurse care, Life is terminal and sometimes the patients I dearly love don't survive. What i enjoy most, There are days where you know that you really made a difference in a person or family's life. I advocate for the patients and their families. There is no other job i'd rather do. I love what i do as a nurse, helping people, sharing my knowledge, learning from others and caring for them until they are ready to go home. If you love what you do, and do what you love, you'll never regret working a day of your life as a nurse.
Great learning and work experience
Surgical Resident and Medical Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10457May 10, 2018
Great learning and work experience. Is a small atmosphere. Many departments to work for and grow with. Located in the south bronx area, wide range of culture.
Productive learning environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  bronx nyMay 1, 2018
It was a teaching program and I learned everythigng from Customer service, to building my resume. I also learned life skills, and how to treat people that are in the hospital and how to consider their feelings.
Pros
hour lunch break
Great hospital
Licensed Practical Nurse- Adult Medicine (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 29, 2018
I like that I was floated to different areas of the hospital to be able to experience a little bit of everything from ICU step down unit, med surg, psych, and ob/gyn. I worked with a great team to provide patient care.
Excellent work place
Register Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 26, 2018
Perform clinical and technical procedures to insure successful outcomes including simple pulmonary function maneuvers, blood collection for arterial blood gas analysis, maximal inspiration with incentive Spirometer and monitoring SPO2 through non-invasive instruments. Performs emergency procedures as required. Initiates, monitors and adjust parameters on Continuous Mechanical Ventilation. Respond to all cardiopulmonary emergency requested and provides respiratory care as per BCLS standards. Perform PFT Lab requested by all physicians. Monitor and maintains medical gases system need to calibrate and perform PFT’s Lab using V-MAX equipment. Complete documentation of education and therapy performed accordance with policies in EMR and paper chart if applicable. Orients new staff and assists in skill development.
fast paced and great custom service
Receptionist/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 22, 2018
Great custom service and very fast paced. I loved working with the patients. I learned smiling and greeting goes a long way. Management team was wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the patient leaving happy after the visit.
nice place
EDUCATION DIRECTOR/PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2018
A nice place to work. a lot of fun with helping families. Staff are friendly. Good place to work. i liked the hours, Schedule. Flexibility with the schedule.
Productive workplace
Appeals Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 10, 2018
I really enjoy my job. The morale of the company is better than the last place I use to work. My boss is fair and doesn't micro manage. Always work to do.
Pros
Great benefits!!
Cons
No overtime.
average
General Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 6, 2018
good insurance with job. fast paced environment. good periodontal surgery experience. hospital on call required once a week for 6 months. Overall a good resident experience
good team work and management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 4, 2018
more experience learnt from this hospital. Good management and team work. compliance with the hospital procedures. good quality and accuracy of work. ability to work as part of a team.
fast paced environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 26, 2018
a typical workday can bring anything ranging from handling important patient accounts to looking at reports trying to reduce bottlenecks and increase payments.
management
PCT (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2018
the management are very respectful and give instruction to the simplest for better understanding,The workplace are well organized equipped with professional staff
Internship
Intern Observer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 8, 2018
It was a great opportunity shadowing doctors. I was given real life experiences to watch and learn more about. After My internship there I then knew that I wanted to practice Pharmaceutical Science.
Productive work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my patients. A typical day at work trying to answer the telephone with a line of patients coming in to see the doctors and discharging the ones leaving.
Pros
Taking care of my patients and making sure they are happy.
Cons
Always under staff
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Instructor (MCH) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 2, 2018
A typical working day for me in Bronx- Lebanon Hospital start @ 8 am, rounding on the units, Huddling with the nurses and the manager I learn different things on daily basis, and I appreciate the fact that everyone needs support to be productive in their practice. I sometimes follow the new orientee to see what they might have the taught and make the necessary correction if any. I learn a lot from these young new nurses and they are helping me to stay on point during teachings. I sometimes attend meetings and I organized weekly meeting with the orientees, preceptors and the unit manager for an update on the orientation progress. my typical hardest part of the day is when I spent the whole day on the unit with the intention to do an in-service but I ended not doing the in-service because the unit is very busy. the most enjoyable part of my job is when I see the staff performing the roles by providing knowledgeable and quality care to the patients and their family members.
Excellent Teaching Facility
Executive Secretary to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2018
My experience was wonderful. My days were filled with excitement and learning opportunities. I was able to interact with high-level senior staff. Was able to work independently and assisted other staff members in my department. We were able to show a team-oriented work place culture. The hardest part of the job involved actually leaving at the end of the day. I was privileged to have my own office directly adjacent to my supervisor which allowed for easy access when we needed to communicate. My supervisor was extremely knowledgeable about his responsibilities to the organization and he counted on me for assistance in making sure the office ran smoothly.
Pros
Healthcare opportunities were abundant. Benefits were great.
Cons
Promotions at my level were not readily available.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Cleaning the dirty instrument use in the Operation room for reusing.
Pre and pack of the clean instruments and sterile them for the next use in the Operation room.
Pros
Christmas gift provided.
Cons
full health coverage.
it was very nice to work on a daily basis.
Assistant Nurse Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 29, 2018
the staff was nice,help full and everyone work together to accomplish the daily work in the ambulatory care unit. the Doctors were knowledgeable and it was a cohesive place to work.
productive and condusive place to work at
central sterile technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 29, 2018
it was a great joy working at bronx lebanon .i learnt a lot of stuff on how to receive ,and handle soiled instruments.also learnt a lot of stuff about how to prep instrumats and on how to sterilize them.bronx lebanon has a really great management.there were some hard times especially when there were red cases.the most enjoyable part was working with a great team .
bronx lebanon
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 25, 2018
great learning experience and opportunity to grow at this faced past working environment. New graduates would find this hospital to be rewarding and challenging.