BronxWorks Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Sr. Case Manager, Jackson Ave Family Residence (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2018
this is a great non profit organization. the money does not fit the job description but it was worth it. the experience is good and the organization provides a lot of training.
working with kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2018
It was cool to bond with the kids. See them grow through the time I worked with them. It was a good experience and I wish I had done it longer. I really had fun.
Not worth it
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2018
Not enough money for all the work expected from you. No real room for professional growth in the company. Super stressful. Burnout here is intense. Good for experience, not long time work.
Busy, but fun workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  1130 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10456July 29, 2018
I really miss working there.... If I was given the opportunity to to back right now, I would do because I was very used to the work through remembrance.
Pros
When you have completed everything neccessary, supervisors would allow us to take breaks.
Cons
Cannot really think of any.
It was ok just didn’t like some of the people
Junior counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2018
There’s a lot of cocky people cause of there position and didn’t like it and would take advantage of there position sometimes and people would get mad at any little thing
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Workers
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
The company was product and fun because I was able to interact with the and have fun with them and also be serious with them and teach them what and what not to do.
Pros
Free lunch, able to using the swimming pool
Cons
Short breaks
only work there as a Volunteer
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 29, 2018
it's a great working environment to be around it allows the youth to grow to there full potential also it shows good deeds to there community to provide a safer place for the youth
Productive and fun work place
Safety Monitor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2018
None I enjoy where I work, also I would recommend the job to a friend. Training they post monthly so you are always up-to-date with all of your certification required for the job.
Pros
Family place
A bad decision
Health Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2018
I accepted a job here because the pay was right. Bad decision. Very inexperinced managers who tend to be young & right out of school. High staff turn over & unreasonable work load. There also was not nearly enough supervision. My supervisor often canceled supervision and would not even inform me beforehand. This wasn't fare to me or my clients. The most worst part was hearing supervisors say dirogotory comment about clients when they thought no one was paying attention. This wasn't a bad employment experience, it was a bad life experience. I would not advise.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
high staff turnover, poor supervisor, disorganized programs, gossipy staff
Fun and eye opening.
Summer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 19, 2018
At Bronxworks, I was responsible for working with the children enrolled in the summer camp program. I would help monitor the children and make sure their needs were being met. Additionally, I made sure to keep the area clean and accessible to all.
fun work place
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 13, 2018
loving and just a great environment to work with kids and become a better person and role model this is more than a job you have to be passionate about this
great vibes
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 12, 2018
Met new people and got to experience new strategies to make and office get along and work together. Also worked with kids for a while and got to learn how to keep thing organized. And did customer service.
Pros
close to home, cooling center, and comfortable working area
Great working with the Community
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 6, 2018
As a housing specialist I was able to work with people and help them obtain permanent housing. I also facilitated the application process to help get these clients rent assistance and help them move into their new location.
Pros
Helping the homeless
Cons
Not able to do more
A productive and fun environment for kids of many ages
Camp Supervisor and organizer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 13, 2018
Working their was a humble experience. i learn to work as a team with strangers i had just met. I was able to interact with the kids the same way the workers interacted with me as a kid when i was there. Great experience for me.
Pros
Part take in activities
Cons
not many cons
Productive and Fun work Place
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2018
A typical Day at work goes very well, i learned how to be a leader and how to communicate their. The management their is great as well, and the workplace culture is very collaborative and very peaceful. The hardest part of the job was watching over twenty kids every day but i was able to overcome that difficulty by engaging with the kids in all activities, at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the kids and keeping them focused on the tasks at hand.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 3, 2018
best place ever cant wait to work again love the kids love the staff everything is amazing sign me up every year cannot wait for fun an trips cant wait
enjoyable work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2018
staff was team oriented and supportive. The environment can be very fast pace. However, the work is manageable. You can advance in the organization but only up to a certain level because most people do not leave the agency.
stressful at times but manageable
Case Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2018
staff are friendly and supportive. The work is not hard when you have a productive team to work with. There's room for professional development and advancement.
Great place
Behavior healthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2018
A great working environment for anybody willing to build up their experience and greating people behind you. Was helpful and was able to lear a lot in the past years.
Positive mission statement
Safety Monitor/Fire Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 6, 2018
The organization is based on educating inner city youth and raising children throughout their entire academic career to increase chances of pursuing college. The company also promotes within and even hires individual whom were once former students and or participants of the program.
Pros
Access to various venues and events throughout NYC