Brookdale Senior Living Employee Reviews

Found 4,421 reviews matching the search See all 4,426 reviews
Its a alright place to work if your still in highschool
Dinning Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 22, 2019
Just work hard to get through the day the residents are fun to talkto they make the day go by fast but sometimes they have their days where they seem a little geumpy
fun, fast and family
Office Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2019
I learn that its a team effort it should not be all on one person. team work makes the dream work. the hardest part of the job was convincing future residents that brook dale was the place for their loved ones. the most enjoyable part was seeing all the residents happy and enjoying life even in their bad days.
Pros
food, bounses
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
I enjoyed working at Brookdale along with the wonderfal staff and residents.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 21, 2019
I enjoyed working at Brookdale while I was there. The staff was friendly and the residents were friendly. The families of residents were very concern for their family member and I was willing to speak to them at anytime with their concerns. I learned a lot about taking care of older people and what was important to them and their family. We celebrated every holiday with residents and their families.
Pros
Free food and wonderful residents
waiter
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMarch 21, 2019
everything worked perfectly well. i was a waiter for the senior living. ive learned how to cook on a massive scale. the pay was ok. i got along with my co workers and boss. had to relocate other than that i would have stayed
Brookdale Senior living
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 20, 2019
I enjoy my job very much I love working with elderly people. I enjoy working with the staff in all departments. You get to talk to people that lived life in a time without computers or Internet t0he things we have today. These people have lived through wars and knew the true meaning of family.
Pros
Working with amazing elderly people
Cons
Not every day is perfect
Entry level position that I enjoyed
DINING SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 20, 2019
Most days I cook, serve, order, manage wait staff, assist residents with meals choices, ordering, scheduling, working with other facility managers, vendors, and adhering to corporate standards.
Pros
small facility, good location
Cons
non competitive pay, limited staff, high turnover
Working in a assisted living facility can be challenging
Cook/Baker (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 20, 2019
You must love your job to work in a high stressed field as feeding and cooking meals for senior citizens. You have to make sure all three meals are ready for service. There are restrictions that most be followed. But getting to know your residents is the plus.
Pros
Meals, Team work, Residents
Cons
Breaks, Hours worked, Management
5 star atmosphere, poor clinical support, no work/home balance. On call 24/7.
LVN/ Health & Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 20, 2019
A lot of Director turn over & staff turn over. Staff burn out is common & service alignment is not your friend. Corporate gives the directors/managers a handful of hours depending on services rendered by each resident, to determine how many caregivers/med techs are needed for each shift (5min for dressing/grooming, 14min shower, etc..) everything is timed, & residents complain & staff complain about being short staffed but in reality service alignment is a way to dictate how much work time is actually needed, only way around is to “staff for safety guidelines”
lost a lot of full time employees because of the very low census.
On the senior side, it is very expensive & unreasonable for patients to “age in place” a lot of move outs due to financial reasons. .

On the other note, depending on what community you work at, the management team has to work together to keep the ball rolling.
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
No work/home balance
Fun workplace
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed the working with the company and the residents were extremely fun loving. My supervisor was the greatest ,my shift all worked together as team
Pros
Great parties
Cons
Short breaks
Brookdale
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJMarch 18, 2019
The fact that the facility was so small made it easy to know residents on personal level, which was awesome. The mangers and staff were very respectful.
Very busy operation, high expectation.
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL, Port Charlotte, FLMarch 18, 2019
excellent opportunity, who is looking for challenging fast paced environment.

The most rewarding part is taking care of elderly residents and making significant impact in their daily life!
Pros
meet and work with great people.
Cons
staffing challenges.
A day in the life
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 18, 2019
As the maintenance manager I oversaw all duties in my department and was the supervisor of housekeeping. My duties included but not limited to completing daily work orders, weekly and monthly building safety tasks, managing my own department budget, working with contractors, and completing all necessary restoration work in empty apartments to get them rent ready.
Nice environment and the staff work good together
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2019
The residents was great many residents made you feel appreciated and was sadden when I was about to leave to go home but would look foreword to see you the next day.
Pros
Challenging but rewarding
caregiver
Resident Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMarch 16, 2019
I loved this job at first. But as time went on it got worse. Only a few coworkers are willing to help you when its needed. Its super stressful. You have a list of things to do and hardly any time to finish it because you get busy helping a resident. Management doesn't listen. People including management are quitting left and right. No time for breaks, Pay is not enough. Super short staffed. 1 caregiver per floor.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management, low wages, stressful
Fun and rewarding
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New Port RicheyMarch 16, 2019
I love working at Brookdale. I love the team environment that all of the people that I work with. Positive attitudes are everywhere and those that have bad attitudes usually turn it around. I feel well compensated and that makes me want to continue. I feel appreciated there and can’t imagine working for another company. I do not intend to leave eight intent to retire from there
Overnight Shift
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2019
The over night shift was fairly easy and laid back. Rounds every two hours and the rest of the time was down time or doing laundry. We would clean the kitchen and bathroom area and the rest of the time between rounds I would read a book
Pros
Residents asleep most of the night
Cons
Admin except the ED
Fun and loving community
Server (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 14, 2019
The management wasn’t the best but I enjoyed making everyday life a little easier on the residents. Hours were drastically cut and people were not getting the hours they needed
Numbers Driven, no longer Quality of Care
Nurse On Call (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 14, 2019
Nurse on Call is a fantastic HH agency, but after their merger with Brookdale, the bad habits and traits were forced on Nurse on Call and Quality of Care went through the door.
Fun coworkers
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 14, 2019
My coworkers are extremely fun to be around, and they care about the residents completely. There is a high turnover rate of care staff because of the management's inability to be understanding. A co-worker of mine just recently had her mother pass. HER MOTHER. The management kept calling her asking if she could return 4 days after that had happened. She was not ready to return, crying all day and unable to focus, but she returned just because the management in her eyes forced her to.
Pros
Getting to know wonderful the wonderful residents
Cons
Unorganized and not understand that life happens
no opinion
RESIDENT AIDE (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMarch 14, 2019
Easy burnout....required more than what the salary was.
Workplace culture not ideal.
Exploited good employees while allowing the less productive employees more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

11K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight