Brookdale Senior Living Employee Reviews

Management is fair,
Time off is ok
Work environment is good
Employees are awesome
Enjoy working with everyone and getting to know the residents
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Stressful
Great place, just don’t eat there.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Brookdale is a great place, for the most part. However the kitchen needs a lot of improvement and there needs to be better safe food handling training. I would not eat there.
Pros
Time off is easy to get
Cons
No benefits for part time, last minute trainings, they don’t take concerns seriously
The comunication and the work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLFebruary 21, 2019
The job is ok, the managment is a litter out profecional and communicate is very poor with the employee. I like to work with thre resident.and meke them happy and confortable.
Was a reasonable job, the distance and work hours did not work for me.
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIFebruary 20, 2019
The job itself was not bad, meeting residents and the pace of things were relaxing.

Though living in fowlerville driving to brighton was inconvient with a 2 hour unpaid break between 2 and 4.
Very fast pace no time for breaks
Kitchen utilty server (Current Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAFebruary 20, 2019
High stress job working with 40 or more at a time residence. But do enjoy my job. My typical day, set up tables, I prep to get ready for breakfast to serve juice, coffee hot cereal, and cold cereal, serve prepared breakfast, lynch and dinner, clear table wash dishes clean my area..Take juice, coffee and food to residence for lunch , breakfast and dinner. The hardest part of my job is sometime dealing with unhappy people, I do my best keep them happy. Would really like to work more hours, this job doesnt give enough hours for me.
Pros
Enjoy working with the residence and coworkers
Cons
Very fast pace no time for 10 min breaks
No summary needed
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHFebruary 20, 2019
Horrible management. Everybody left did not care about the residents or the workers. Very rude and disrespectful and only cared about their own personal needs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No cons
Dull and unfair place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Working at Brookdale West Palm Beach is not what one would consider fair. Work that should be for the other departments is constantly thrown our way. The pay is not high enough for all the work that is required of you. And finally, management tends to treat workers very differently from one another, always picking favorites, and will rarely recognize you for going above and beyond what you were hired to do.
Cesspool
Cook (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHFebruary 18, 2019
If you like being over worked under paid and not appreciated this is the perfect place for you! If you have a problem you better just shut up and deal with it, bring it too managements attention and youll put a target on your own back, try to utilize the joke they call the "Integrity Line" and you'll be bullied by corporate lawyers. But if you neglect and mistreat your patients you'll probably get a raise and a pat on the back. What a joke!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Amazing workplace for volunteer work.
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAFebruary 18, 2019
The management is super friendly and the seniors living at the center were super friendly and were thrilled to interact with younger people, especially once they started to remember you.
n/a
Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 18, 2019
I do not wish to provide a review for this company. there is nothing to add or subtract from this place as an organization. It is a multi-national corporation.
Pros
teammates are awesome, old people rock
Cons
n/a
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Cleaning different apartments. How to clean with customer in the house with you. Great management. Good. Socializing with the elderly. Wonderful story
Pros
Good Inviroment
Cons
Not organized in the cleaning department
Brookdale
Clinical Care Coordinator, Admissions (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 17, 2019
Facility fast paced, great resident care, and family centered.
Staff well trained in memory care.
In services covers in depth care and sensitivity training.
Health and wellness clinics provided with weekly Physician Clinic.
Pros
Family centered, good ancillary staff, Resident care exemplary
Cons
Good company with highly skilled professionals
AL MANAGER & SKILLED NURSING ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 16, 2019
Brookdale hires the best in class in a person's professional field to provide the very best services possible for their clientele. The company provides great educational opportunities and has a wonderful Mission: Enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence and integrity.
Pros
Great training - extensive learning available.
Cons
Very detail oriented, leading to long hours.
Great Place to Work
Senior Director Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mid AtlanticFebruary 16, 2019
Brookdale is a wonderful employer that has given me so much on the job training. They are a wonderful company with managers that listen and use that knowledge to strengthen their company. They provide me to the tools to succeed in the company.
Worst place I've ever worked
Med Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCFebruary 16, 2019
They use employees until they get so tired from being overworked and under paid. Worked there for 5 years and they throw you away like a bag of trash.
Temporary place
rca (Former Employee) –  Castle Hills, TXFebruary 16, 2019
If you're looking for a long term job in a great environment and advancement opportunity, this is NOT the place for you. Favoritism is a big problem here and it shows right away.Only a select few employees actually care about their residents and do what is supposed to be done, which leaves them doing the job of 2 people without getting paid like it. It seems they hire and keep anybody around despite their poor work ethic and lack of common sense. New hires are trained by other new hires, meaning nothing gets done and the vital parts of the job are left out. I have witnessed residents being left unattended on the toilet, unable to get up, left soaked in their own urine and feces, and ignored. Even employees that know the job and care get lazy and unmotivated due to poor treatment, being underappreciated and underpaid. When complaints are brought up to management not much is done about it. Most of them walk around with their nose up in the air acting nice one minute and talking about their emplyees the next. The amount of gossiping by workers and managers is outright shamefull. If youre looking for something temporary to gain some experience working with the elderly give it a shot. Longterm I do not recommend this company, specifically this location.
Cons
management, pay
Its a great place to work. Every day there was something new to learn. What keeps me going daily is knowing that I am making a difference
Cook/Baker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Be self motivated and attention to detail daily. Try not to get discouraged with your surroundings and love what you do. Ask for feed back from residents on how you can better accommodate them next time.
Not a great environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Environment is lead by Caucasian women and Caucasian gay men primarily. There was not a comfortable environment for me within the organization. I do not recommend this organization.
dont work there
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 15, 2019
dont work there at all they will wast your time where you could be at another job making money it use to be a good job but it turn bad real qick its a wast of time
It was a company
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2019
I found that the company was a unique and interesting culture. There was many things that kept moving and several changes. Just work hard do your job.
Pros
Health Insurance, PTO Rollover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

1995

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss