Play YouTube video button

United States6,427 reviews
Found 6,427 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Brookdale Senior Living selected this as a representative review
This job was the best job I have had. I enjoyed this job very much because not only are you helping others but you feel good doing it. This job is hard work but if you put yourself to it you can make it feel like a home.
I came to this job with great intentions, however that soon changed. My boss is 26 (executive director) and she wouldn’t follow through in helping me learn my job. Come to find out, I was teaching material that was old. It was not the way it should have been according to my regional boss.

This was my dream job and it just fell apart. If you want a job, where you cannot be creative and have to follow strict guidelines this is for you.

Also only 8 days pto your first year. Managers and directors not paid the same.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Untrained staff, no time off
If you are wanting a job with good management or want to succeed in a businesses this is not the place for you. I worked at North Oaks and management is absolutely terrible. They cant keep anyone for more than a couple months. Management are always talking about other workers behind their backs. They really don't care about the employees either. Its not just working their but I would never let my loved one stay at a place like this. Absolutely terrible place, save your self time and energy and don't work here.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Terrible management
As a server my life at Brookdale was very fast paced. It helped me with time management, prioritization, and efficiency as I did my job. Physically demanding, but worth it to help the seniors.
I do not remember anything about this job. I went to work and came home. So please stop asking me to type more then what I remember from the job. Have a good day!!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The culture is toxic and upper management, including HR (all the way to corporate HR) supports it. If you end up working with an insecure executive director (i.e current executive director), you get fired or they create a false workplace violation and you get fired. When you report it to HR, they claim a thorough investigation was conducted and the false violation is accurate. Because you report it, management retaliates. If you are a positive employee looking for a company to thrive in and create positive change, do not work here. If you do work there and the marketer does not like you, she will get the front desk or housekeeping to make a false claim about you. And if you already work there, remember--the person you think is your friend, who appears to be listening and supporting you, is not your friend. Last, always check your time card.
Pros
Residents. They are the only reason that place exists and matters.
Cons
District Director of Operations, Executive Director, Marketer, Front Desk, Housekeeping all contribute to a toxic working environment
Brookdale in Gainesville always has drama. The office staff only care about themselves, And have favoritism . Very bad management. Nobody does their job role . Only a few good encouraging people in there that really care ... the place doesn’t get cleaned well at all maintenance manager doesn’t do or fix anything, housekeepers don’t clean anything. Bugs all over the place . The
building is always short staff half of the residents or barely getting any care
Pros
The residents are very nice
Cons
Bad pay
Looks like a amazing opportunity for another adventure in my nursing career my growth as nurse will double from the 7 years I had as a icu Rn. I would like to gain more knowledge and make memories more that nightmares bc here we can fix and make comfortable with these clients and that’s what they deserve.
Pros
Client closeness
Cons
Losing members you care for
Those that are dedicated, are terribly taken advantage of. If they voice a complaint, there is clear retribution, even from a corporate level. District supervisors in the Northeastern region are invisible. Policies are not enforced in a fair and appropriate manner. What is presented at interview, is nothing like what is the actuality. Registered Nurses do not stay at the Vestal location for more than 6 months because of an emotional and psychological grinding down of their commitment and self worth. Best of Luck to the current HWD, though rumor has it she is being treated no better than her previous successors.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance. Must be available 24/7/365. No corporate support.
Persistent staffing issues, pre -Covid-19, with no support from leadership. Communities with multuple broken processes, left up to any body that they hire, to fix Sink or swim environment. Allowed the Pandemic to rob the seniors living in the community of any wuality if life. Upper management had superficial concern, but very much a "point finger, find a fall guy" approach. Sure Covid made the experience worst, but things were in bad shape already. I negotiated a decent salary, but it was not worth the turmoil. I literally ran for my life!
Pros
Working with the beautiful elserly community
Cons
Everything else
Will never work for another Brookdale affiliated/owned business again in my career. Patients are numbers and dollar signs. It doesn’t matter if they do not belong in that facility. Most of the floor staff hired to take care of the patients are not qualified. The ALF had many patients that should have been in long term care and were bed bound. Floor staff created more injuries to the patients than care because they had no experience not education to care for them. This also included led techs that pass medications without assessing BP and blood glucose before giving the medication. Last manager told me not to call her during my night shift unless someone died or the building was on fire. I was the only licensed person in the building of over 60 residents 3 stories tall building.
Pros
Close to home. Short driving distance. 12 hour shifts
Cons
Horrific manager support and unqualified care associates.
when u start off yea it’s fun but sooner you’ll grow to hate it and ur paycheck won’t be enough for your bills at all. Seek better jobs honestly like nothing wrong with the place it’s just a lot of unfairness.
Pros
Time
Cons
Pay and employees
I absolutely loved being at brookdale just a yr ago but the management team they have currently is a joke they do not care about their employees well some they do but others they could careless ... some workers can no call no show 3+ times and still have a job while other workers are ran into the ground or their hrs gets cut simply because you didn’t agree to cover for someone that’s called out 4 times this week alone.
Pros
Resds
Cons
I was a volunteer and was able to choose my hours. The Hospice office is understaffed and the employees are overworked. I didn't witness any office-wide social activities.
Pros
Office Location
Cons
Understaffed
July 7, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Work there was one of my best jobs. I will came back one day. All people there are frendly, pacient, you have a lot of fun too whith the residents. I miss them
July 7, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your time working with us.
bad staff certain people run everything a entire family works there which is wrong . All staff care about is them self not residents. Staff is so bad why they can't keep workers
July 7, 2020
I loved it. Easy enough. Only thing I didn’t like was being responsible for call lights as I wasn’t trained to help residents. Other than that it was a great job.
July 7, 2020
We are glad to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Productive Fun place to work. Well organized worth was worth going to work and love what I was doing with no complaints. Best part of it was just making a difference
July 7, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are glad you enjoyed your experience.
Employees are all working very hard during this pandemic and not one gesture of appreciation has been given, other than the residents’ families. No hazard pay when staff and residents tested positive and management is not giving truthful information to concerned family members. No chance for advancement either because job openings are not posted within to give current employees a chance to advance. They hire outside the company and overlook dedicated employees who have been with the company for years. All in all, Brookdale Senior Living does not value their essential employees
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, pay and lack of trust and safety
July 7, 2020
We take your comments seriously and have shared your concerns with our corporate HR team for their review. You are also welcome to contact the Brookdale Integrity Line, at 1-888-302-3303 to discuss any concerns you may have. Thank you.
They weren't flexible with hours. You couldn't ask for a schedule you wanted. They wouldn't work with you on anything. Staff is extremely underpaid and that's the main reason I would never go back.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
July 7, 2020
We are sorry to hear you feel this way. We take your comments seriously and have shared your concerns with our corporate HR team for their review.
NA. The administrator was not professional. She was from Texas. No more to say but was not a good match. She lied about what was needed at the facility. The facility is more supportive than the company shes represented
July 7, 2020
Your feedback is important to us and we have shared your concerns with our corporate management team for their review.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Brookdale Senior Living.