Brookdale Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,745 reviews matching the search See all 3,749 reviews
It was fun working there. Having a good time with the Resident
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2018
Brookdeal is a very nice place to take someone in your family that need a caregiver. I worked at Brookdeal for 2 years and loved it. The staff there are really sweet.
A real terrible place to work at.
Med-tech/RCA (Former Employee) –  Brookedale Castlehills, San Antonio, TX.October 16, 2018
The management is really the problem. They dont know how to value their good employees.
Beginning with the ED she will smile to your face and start complaining to your supervisor behind your back.They want you to do more than they pay you. They charge you $1.00 every Friday to wear Jeans saying it's for Christmas party and then she changes her mind and says that we will not get one. The only way you get approved PTO is if you find your own coverage because they dont want to deal with that hasle.
If we call in we have to show proof of it. But it's ok for the Head nurse to leave because her dog passed away. They make it seems that their problems are more important as than others. They also have favoraites if you dont work for them when they are short staff then you dont matter at all. Also when your passes meds and your out of a particular medication for that resident they tell you to use another residents meds. It's a lot of things Managment doesn't care at all.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment
Just to make sure residents is safe and taking care
Resident Assistant -Lead Memory care (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAOctober 16, 2018
Always love what your doing and always think your blessed because you have job to do everyday to accommodate your needs. I love serving people and helping them.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Brookdale is a fun and rewarding place to work.
Concierge/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 16, 2018
I started in August 2016 as Brookdale Lisle Senior Living's Business Office Coordinator and later moved to a part-time position as the Concierge/Front Desk person when a position opened up because it better suited my background and experience. I also needed to switch to part-time at that time as my aunt who lived at Brookdale needed constant care from me so I needed a more flexible schedule. Unfortunately my aunt has passed on leaving me open to looking for a full-time position as a Front Office Coordinator for which I am extensively qualified.

The management at Brookdale is collaborative and proactive on all fronts. They give us extensive training on how Brookdale expects us to conduct ourselves in order to provide the best customer experience for the seniors that live there as well as our co-workers.
Pros
$1.00 per meal, flexible schedule, fun work environment and good code of ethics.
Cons
I have a lot of past experience in office management that I am not using as Brookdale's Concierge.
Poor Management
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXOctober 15, 2018
Brookdale is a terrible place to work. They start you out at the lowest possible pay regardless of your experience. They are very critical and if an employee needs a day off for whatever reason, they hold it against you. I worked nights and felt like I was a glorified housekeeper with all the "chores" I was expected to do. Terrible place to work
Horrible environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 15, 2018
They want the cnas to do some of everybody’s job. I wouldnt recommend anyone to go there. They gossip all day. The DON didn’t have a voice so she let the lady that does the scheduling walk all over her.
Pros
Cons
Every
Used to be a great place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 15, 2018
Very poor management; not enough permanent staff; management did not care about employees or residents; no attempts to try to keep valuable employees;
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor management
Brookdale used to be a good place to work but not anymore
Executive Director/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2018
High turnover. Non caring culture. Demands that are not ethical. Too many supervisors and terrible leaders. The company is too big for its own good. They don’t care about associates or resident care.
Pros
Used To be a great place to work
Cons
Uncaring district directors and regional team members
Great Place
Medication Technician/CNA (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 13, 2018
Brookdale is a great company. Employees are treated good and the environment is a welcoming one. Benefits were okay, a little mediocre, but ok. Always opportunity to move up.
Cons
Low Pay
Managment pleased
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2018
They over work their employees which is why they are under staffed part time makes more then full time and they have full time hours. Brookdale doesn't give you benefits even paid time off they don't give you that either without trying to call you in. Definitely would not recommend living or working there
very enjoyable
Server (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 12, 2018
This company was great to work at because i got give back to my community by helping take care of the elderly that could no longer or just didn't want live by them selves at home any more.
Pros
great staff
Cons
mentally demanding
Great job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McCook, NEOctober 12, 2018
Loved it here was a great place with amazing staff. Always had fun and treated residents farely and the same goes for the staff. Definitely would be working tethered still if I didn’t move.
Okay
SENIOR LIVING (Former Employee) –  Lexington, kyOctober 12, 2018
Okay place good hours, okay pay, not so good management, loved the residents, people are ok, your there for 12 hrs and have to pay for your meals, they had us filling out paperwork plus passing meds, plus transfers, and escort
All about money
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 12, 2018
The company's focus is mostly money and money only. My experience was that as long as sales quotas were being met, there wasn't a strong concern about the well-being of the residents.
salary
Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 12, 2018
Fast pace workplace. Busy is the typical day at work. I like the fact that I learn everyday about Health and medical related. Hardest part of the job is that we are not well compensated with our salary. Too busy, too much work. But the enjoyable part of the job is helping the residents.
Do not work here.
It (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 11, 2018
Poor managment, zero career progression.
No raise potential, over worked and severely under paid. There are entirely too many people that no idea what they are doing, and they are in management roles.
Cons
fun work place and a good first job
Server (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 11, 2018
you make good friends be it your coworkers or the residents. its good work and is manageable. as time goes by, it will get easier since you will get a sense of what the resident wants and learn their routines.
productive and fun community to work in
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is serving my residents and families. I have learned a lot about time management as well as LTC benefits and VA benefits. I have a great team at my community and we all work together as family.
Work place is quick-paced and competitive.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILOctober 11, 2018
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. is the leading operator of senior living communities throughout the United States. The Company is committed to providing senior living solutions primarily within properties that are designed, purpose-built and operated to provide the highest-quality service, care and living accommodations for residents.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Breaking things
It was conveniently near my home!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 10, 2018
I worked from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday. Tuesday, & Friday. I drove residents to their medical appointments and drove them back home. How very fragile the elderly are. Management seemed oblivious to the needs of their employees. The employees were very nice and cared much for those they served. Loading and securing those residents in wheelchairs. I enjoyed conversing with the residents and their escorts.
Pros
1/2 hour lunch break.
Cons
Limited radio range with the transportation office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight