Brookdale Employee Reviews

Found 4,019 reviews matching the search See all 4,023 reviews
Was a good place to learn what to avoid
Caregiver/Med Tech/Shower Aide (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 13, 2018
I was fresh in the field and learned through a lot of grating experiences what I should NOT put up with from a company after working for them. Always short staffed, misconduct from higher ups swept under the rug, and many shady business practices here. I was injured on the job and was bullied into working before I was ready to or face termination and now have chronic sciatic pain from working at this company. Quality is not a standard maintained and good staff are beat down and burned or they walk out.
Pros
Amazing residents
Not so sure...
Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSDecember 12, 2018
Could be a great company to work with, given the right management conditions. Unfortunately I worked at a location where the Executive Director made very poor decisions, enforced no rules and made it incredibly difficult for other management to make progress within their departments. Had he been replaced with someone else, I suppose it could have been different. Constantly short staffed, partially due to their hiring process and likely partially due to pay.
Pros
Management is paid well
Cons
You will have no life outside of work
A good work environment, good employees, good management
RA (Resident Assistant)/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 12, 2018
The work load is bearable. I've learned patience and self control. Management is fair and let's you know what to expect of your work load, also you're not expected to do more than you're required. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to your residents, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting attached to your residents.
Bad place to work
Doing everything (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaDecember 11, 2018
They don't give you enough hours a week to work and they get you off the clock as soon as possible. You have to wear too many hats and do to much work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Loved my location and our residents and staff
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 11, 2018
The particular building I was in was an amazing place to be. The staff worked like a well oiled machine together and it was very much like a work family.

Upper management is inconsistent and unreilable. They all work remotely and it is truly about the dollar signs for them.
Pros
Great work team
Cons
Upper management is a joke
Very good job learned a lot
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 10, 2018
Job was great just wish I had learned more from management to move up in the place, got paid a little for all I was doing and the residents were great
Pros
Good solid work security
Cons
Not much room to move up or for pay raise
Brookdale
Outpatient Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 10, 2018
Overall, compassionate people work here. Management was responsive to resident and family members' concerns. My managers were responsive to my needs and concerns. The nature of healthcare settings is stressful and this facility is not the exception. The most stressed of all employees were the Nursing Assistants because of the high resident to NA ratio.
Pros
Clean facility and friendly workers
Cons
High staff turnover
Fun
Resident (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33763December 10, 2018
Love working at brookdale. Very new team members, friendly atmosphere. Managers are ok, could do with a bit more organization. benifits are great with lots of other perks
Loved the mission statement, hated how management lacked to uphold it
BUSINESS OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 9, 2018
I LOVED what I did at Brookdale. I really valued creating ,meaningful relationships with the people I cared for. Parts that made it tough to stay there included: high turnover rates, staff being told to do something by one member of management and then being scolded by another, the high management turn over rate, lack of support with family members concerns and the lack of quality hiring. There were too many people that were hired simply for a paycheck. That is not a strong business ethic to have in a care facility.
Pros
Relations built through care of residents
Cons
High turnover rates, lack of managerial support, miscommunications
I love the residents!
Resident Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHDecember 9, 2018
I love the residents! They are wonderful! They have many different life stories. They have many different backgrounds. Each resident is unique in their own way!!
productive and fun work place
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 9, 2018
Fun, relaxing work place. Residents and caregivers were always nice and amazing to work with. Management was very flexible and accommodating to their employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short staff
Decent pay but horrible management.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2018
Kitchen manager is very arrogant ..verbally abusive and confrontational. Service spoiled food. And the new director co-signs ignorance instead of investigating the situation. Favoritism is display in management here strongly. Employees overlooked due to favoritism in management. Management here at the Atlanta location is horrible they all knew someone to their position.
working with the elderly daily bases
med tech/lead assciate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 8, 2018
very good days I have learn about meds and the ordering meds the managers are very helpfulon daily bases. passing out meds and ordering meds even though I have residents coming to me asking me questions on daily bases. I like taking of the elderly on daily bases all my life
Not great
Memory Care Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2018
Not a great place to work. I don't want to do this review, but you are making me do it, so this is a waste of my time. I did not like working and want a new job.
Takes a real care givers heart and desire to be comfortable
Resident Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Palma Sola, FLDecember 6, 2018
You must enjoy helping people that are in very difficult personal and health situations. The job turned out to be much more that a driver transportation position. It required some parenting and some babysitting to gain cooperation with the residents.
Pros
Great hours and many interesting people
Cons
Resident cooperation and pickup dropoff stress.
Fun work place
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 5, 2018
Good Employee's and always felt at home. Management should be improved and the place needs more workers and Good Salary. Management should care about their workers and not treat them had!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor Management
no fun at work
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
i will keep my opinion to be honest i really do not have anything to say it could be better. but what can i say a little time the team could makes difference
Good Working environment
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2018
Brookdale has a good management staff that really seems to care about their employees. The residents are caring and very grateful for the help they receive from the employees and are respectful.
Management and coworkers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 4, 2018
Management talks about helping with the problems and still allow coworkers to steal, hurt residents and use them, there are favorites inside the company, letting go of the good and keeping the bad. I don’t recommend working here if I’m treated unfairly and cussed at. My actions were to leave if the situation wasn’t delt with.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, coworkers hurting residents
quick pace and stressful working environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CADecember 3, 2018
The hardest part about this job is keeping your cool. You are not allowed to yell, or curse at the residents even when they deserved it. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your co-workers and developing friendships and helping each other out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale. Our community is ready to answer.

1936

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Brookdale.

Powered by Comparably