Brookdale Employee Reviews

activity programs like balling, art and crafts
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXApril 18, 2018
The company understands their employee's and know how to comply with them. The managements also are doing their best to improve the company and to make it better place to work.
fun, fast paced,joyful
Server (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLApril 18, 2018
over all i loved brookdale for the simple fact that i got to see enjoyment, love,and appreciation from the residents. To see there face happy made all the hard work worth while. Never was slow! Always had something to do.
Pros
The residents, fast paced, helped me with fining peace and happiness
Cons
co-workers
positive workplace and great coworkers
Wellness Nurse/Assisted Living Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLApril 18, 2018
I worked at Brookdale at two different facilities, technically working 2 different part time jobs but with no benefits. Human Resources could not work out a way to give me benefits even though I was working full time hours combined with the 2 positions. I had great bosses and really enjoyed working with the Seniors and my coworkers.
Pros
Positive workplace environment
Cons
Unable to receive full time benefits working at 2 different facilities
the residents were amazing!
Aide Assistant and cook (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHApril 17, 2018
residents were awesome I met some amazing people the problem is the management and the favoritism they show toward certain employees and not others and their unwillingness to help if you ask
Pros
meeting the people i did
Cons
managment
Fun place to Work
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Brookdale. I only left because of a better job opportunity that was more in my degree. I would send anyone there that is looking for a job.
Good place to work,many goo moments you can share with people.
Resident Assistent (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORApril 14, 2018
Fun place to work at. Make your life worth living because you are helping people to do things that they can not do themselves. Stay calm in stressful moments is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job when people you care for are saying thank you for your help and smile to you. The management is fair. Learn to prioritize and be kind no matter what.
Pros
Free Meals during working hours
Cons
The benefits are not as good as in my previous employment
Not fun at all
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 14, 2018
The residents are very sweet , the mangers are rude and disrespectful . They don’t acknowledge there workers at all . The pay is awful I don’t reccomand no one to work here!
Pros
They have a lot of fun things to do for the residents
Cons
They don’t want you sitting down at all
Great People
Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 14, 2018
The relationships built with the staff are relationships that will last a lifetime. The management team was full of team players that truly shared the vision of supporting all staff.
Loving caring family environment
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2018
Working@brookdale in arkansas was a pleasant environment we worked as a team from the start of the shift to the end! We dodnt just work for the residents we built bonds as well! All in all a loving caring place to work
Pros
Great food&free lunches
Cons
Short staff@times
Don’t believe the hype !!!
Former Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 13, 2018
The only good thing about this company is the residents. Other than that management lies to you and will through you under the bus to save themselves. The nurses don’t do their job (the basically put everything on the staff) you don’t get paid fairly, the company lies to the new “potential” residents & their families to make it seem like they provide certain things for their loved ones when really they don’t. So when things don’t get done right and the families get upset it’s basically put on the care associates and it’s considered their fault when really the company doesn’t provide certain things. They basically lie to get their money. & when they’re low staff and or someone calls off the person working has to do triple the amount of work and do some things that they have never been trained to do.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything about the company!
Short Staffed
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORApril 13, 2018
There was a lack of staffing across the board at the facility I worked at. We often only had 3-4 care staff plus us Med techs. The amount of work that is put on employees is not worth the compensation given and lowered the quality of care for the residents. They moved to a rotating schedule 4 on 2 off which makes it difficult to rely on consistency. The med techs were not fully trained leaving senior staff to pick up the slack and work multiple floors completing the tasks only trained staff could complete. Management was kind and always tried to understand but they were overwhelmed as well. The trickle down stress effect was strong in the short time I worked here.
Cons
Stressful job, not enough staffing
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 12, 2018
Productive and fast paste keep me on my toes, helps me learn about different abilities my patients have to deal with on the regular. It also helps me communicate with the family member to ger an idea on what the patient liked to do what kind of work they did in the past etc
Good place to work. Coworkers are nice and helpful.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  DesPlaines, ILApril 12, 2018
Nurses are team players, pace of job is busy but not overwhelming. Seniors are well cared for. Staff is satisfied with their work. Management are supportive.
Pros
Lunches are $2.00
Worst place ever
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 11, 2018
My experience at Brookdale was terrible. The management don't care about the staff especially if your not one to pick up extra shift. Brookdale shows a lot of favoritism. If you pick up a lot they love you, if you don't they hate you. The residents is what kept me at the job to be honest. Management is very rude and can't be trusted.
Pros
Extra hours
Kind Residents But Poorly Managed
Server (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, RIApril 11, 2018
Coworkers are in the same boat, so they seem to get along just fine. There are a couple of managers who are almost always there. When a main manager is not there, another server takes over as a closer. Most closers do the same amount of work, but a couple of them, one who is a closer more often than not, assigns the work and the tables to the rest of the servers while taking no tables themself. There is one closer who appears to assign jobs based on whether or not they like you. Sometimes you can get mixed messages from management and the closers, which is difficult to deal with since the closer is in charge for the night, so you have to listen to them, but management is in charge when they are there and are told about everything that happens, so you have to listen to them, too. It can get stressful trying to juggle the conflicting requests and rules. Almost all of the residents are nice, though of course there are a few who cause trouble; however, the other residents outweigh the bad ones. The shifts are typically around three hours long, with an hour or two between if you are scheduled for more than one that day. I loved my job, but I did not like the way it was managed. I would not recommend working here unless you have no other options.
Do not work at Brea. Complete misrepresentation and sabateur.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 11, 2018
I cannot say this strong enough save yourself the extreme disappointment and headache and cost of working at the Brea community.

You will get no support and you could be sabotage from the outset. Does not matter how effective you are. This is the worst experience of my entire career. I should have listened to my gut and went the other direction after the first bizarre interview with the executive director.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Residents.
Close Knit
Health and Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 11, 2018
Medical facilities that provide a family to members who live there. The management truly cares about the patients and attempt to accommodate any needs of the employees
The residents that lived there was fantastic and I loved every single one of them
Resident Assitant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 10, 2018
Learned how to properly take care of the residents there. Took residents to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Helped them shower and get dressed and took them to the bathroom. All the residents there were super sweet including their pets.
Pros
Loveable residents.
Cons
Poor managment
Good working people
Assisting Living (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2018
Good people to work for and good people on staff. The pay is not what it should be but working with good client and coworker makes up for it. There is fun too.
Pros
friendly
Cons
low pay
Disorganized, stressful, non-cohesive team
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2018
Therapists... run. This company used have PT/OT/SLP in a gym in their ALF's, they billed services as Medicare Part B, Outpatient. Now, that gym is labeled a "wellness center" and they bill their services through Medicare Part A, Home Health. They have unrealistic productivity requirements and lack of knowledge of Medicare Part A billing and Home Health in general. Seems to trickle down into some of the staff, with inappropriate referrals, documentation, and so on. Everyday is disorganized chaos, mostly due to management level staff have no idea what the therapists are doing and how impossible the productivity is. Management does not respond to staff whom reach out and request help, assistance, or clarity with whatever situations. They only care about their numbers, not the staff or the patients. I would never recommend Brookdale HH to my parents or anyone else's. They need to do a serious reorganization, educate and train all staff appropriately and within legal and ethical principles. Their disorganization makes for a very stressful environment for therapists and patients.
Pros
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookdale. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight