Brookfield Properties Employee Reviews

The morale of security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2019
The security staff here ranges from amazing to bad. The amazing workers have the disadvantage of being reprimanded for the mistakes of the bad employees. There is little to no room for advancement and the morale seems to get worse as time goes on.
Pros
The benefits are phenomenal.
Cons
The leadership doesn't come from the management
Good company with great pay, and good perks
Fixed Asset Development Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Good company with great pay, and nice perks. Original company (Rouse Properties) got bought out by Brookfield, and our job functions are all moving to Chicago.
Great company
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2018
Great experience! Close to home. First floor. Free snacks and drinks and catered-in meals on Friday. Great pay. Ample parking. Interesting work. Early-off Fridays in the summer.
Grewart Place to work
Director of Security and Life Safety (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2018
Brookfield has been great. I am just seeking a different opportunity.I have been in this position for 13 years and have loved working here but I feel it's time to take my skills to another company.
Supportive team leaders and active energetic personnel
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 4, 2018
BREOF had enough people on staff to cover the job requirements for the property. We met challenges every day and overcame them because the people were in unity about the goals. We had special times where we made breakfast together and shared stories about or off-site personal lives.

The hardest part about working at Bookfield (BREOF) was knowing that the contract would come to an end and our group might be separated.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good people, and a good support staff, Hr, etc
Cons
Short time period to get to know the team members, high pressure older building to work around
Summary of Position: On-site coordinator and manager of retail tenants located at The Shoppes at Bel Air. Coordinate all office and leasing activities
Common Area Coordinator Leasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 8, 2018
Working for Brookfield Properties was a great learning experience. I learned about property management as it related to retail placement, recruiting and marketing.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low salary
competitive place
Staionary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2018
Brookfield is a nice company to work for but they only look at seniority when promoting employees, not whether or not they have lisences/skill set for the job.
benefits
Cons
culture
Brookfield Properties
Security Officer, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2018
This was the best company I ever worked for. They had plenty of advancement opportunities. Work life balance was awesome, and I truly wish they were still around.
Summary.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2017
My typical work day was very slow paced, I was one of the youngest employees so they did not give me much that required responsibility.I would literally sit in a room for 8 hours filing.
Best job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Thais was the perfect job for me. I really wish they would not have sold the building. I have not been right yet. That was the best place anybody could ever want for a job
Great
Client Conference Service Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
Great company, the atmosphere is great. Benefits are amazinga nd the amount of time off is great. The company really takes care of its members on a whole.
excellent
Residential leasing agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 20, 2017
good company to work for. very nice people. serious business. been in business over twenty years. owned and operated by the founders of the company. very professional.
Fun people to work with
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2017
The company needs to listen to their staff more often and make necessary changes to help the departments.the hardest part was feeling like i was not listened to and my opinion didn't matter
Pros
Fridge is stocked with snacks and juice
Trading floor support
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Supported traders with inside and out applications. such as bloomberg, reuters, support traders with remote access. worked on weekend moves and swaps of hardware.
Horrible experience
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Worked for this company for a few months and the whole staff was unprofessional. I had a boss that was way to worried about my personal life and was very intrusive. I also worked with another man that cursed and needed things to be done right away. My office was very hostile at times and I was not give enough time to learn a very tough position. This was not a good place to work unless you can work under this type of atmosphere.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything just horrible
Very Corporate like environment
Legal Assistant, Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2016
Must be a top notch to keep your job, however there is always room for growth and someone is always eager to help.

The hardest part was seeing my boss getting laid off from his position. I knew I would be next. Other than that, great place to be in.
Pros
Nice and fun environment
Cons
sometimes they tend to outsource your department and you would lose your job
Highly Corporate Environment
Senior Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2016
I work in a service center and service 13 companies simultaneously. I learned a lot from my time and experience at Brookfield. A typical day is long with multi-tasking throughout the day.
Productive, Professional environment, great co workers
Office Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
Typical day would be very busy morning, running errands, finishing projects. The hardest thing about the job was absolutly nothing, I had some the best co workers in the world. The most enjoyable thing about the was the compesation.
Pros
free tickets to events, increase in pay, excellent benefits
Cons
i was laid off
Its Broofkield
Travel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, flSeptember 2, 2014
Working for this company has been a roller coaster. There isnt any job security and its hard to advance within the company.
Management Company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2014
Brookfield Properties is a very good company to work for. Being a entry level Supervisor in Security was challenging. Security work is basically the same as any other Security company, but in a Management Company, things are very different. Management stays involved in every situation. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting the different people. Co-workers were great, each Officer knew his/her job without hesitation. A typical day at work would be to prepare for a busy day of visitor's.