Brookfield Residential Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
First job great.
Pool Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 16, 2018
This job was my first job when I was 14, this is great first job, cleaning pools, decks, chairs and tables. Management was very laid back and getting paid $9 an hour for cleaning but hours were very limited.
Pros
Money and management
Cons
Hours
This is company is poorly managed.
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
This Canadian company is so huge that the 'left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing." Their reputation is tarnished due to poor management. Do not work here if you want job security.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, and toxic environment working
July 27, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We have offices and communities all across North America. We do our best to stay connected through our shared sites and our company intranet. Our regrets to hear that you felt this way during your time at Brookfield. As you know, we put a lot of effort into creating a positive work environment so our team members can create the best places to call home. We are always looking for ways to improve, and we encourage you to reach out to us directly at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com with additional feedback.

Overall: a good experience
Builder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2018
Very collaborative teamwork, new and different floor plans & designs, a product to be proud of. As with any major new rollout, there are always improvements to seek. Brookfield seemed to have a culture where all are encouraged to participate in making the process better. I would have gladly stayed on board, but 2017 was a tough financial year for the Austin division... and I was among several employees from various departments & locations laid off. I wish them well.
Pros
Fun, hard working, outgoing employees. Outstanding benefits on day one. Upbeat culture, good product.
Cons
Really just one major negative: the layoff.
May 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are very proud of our culture and everything we offer candidates, which was recognized when we were named a 2017 Aon Best Employee in Canada and the United States. Austin continues to be a hot market for job seekers and homebuyers, and housing demand exceeds supply. This means building and selling quality homes is a focus for our Austin team in the near term. And while we did say goodbye to some of our staff last year, this year we’ve added a variety of positions to our team, especially in site and sales, to help meet consumer needs. If you have these skills and would like to join us – a North American leader in land development and homebuilding – please visit brookfieldresidential.com/careers.

Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAMarch 15, 2018
I had a great experience with Brookfield. If you work hard, do what you're supposed to do, and strive for advancement, you'll be rewarded. Pay and benefits are good and great. It was really hard for me to leave when I moved away.
May 9, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback. Thanks for being a part of our journey in creating the best places to call home, and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Work Hard, Play Hard
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 27, 2018
I have been with Brookfield for almost 2 years now. At first, I was skeptical about this job but now I'm a believer in our cause. Like any job, it's what you make of it.

I've been fortunate enough to come in to an awesome community and hit the ground running. I help a lot of people. I built a lot of relationships with my teammate's and with home buyer's that last beyond them moving into their new home. I'm fortunate to be part of an award winning team and management is giving me the tools to further my development.

It's a work hard, play hard environment. It's not for people who are looking for an easy check. We put in a lot of hours. We are also big on family so there is a lot of paid time off when we want it. Also, the health coverage is great. Be bold and take you development in your hands.
Pros
Healthcare, Growth (Career and $$)
Cons
Long Hours
April 24, 2018

We're so happy to hear that you're having such a great time in your role! While our business sometimes requires extra effort and time commitments, our culture also encourages a healthy balance between work and personal life.We truly do believe in a work hard, play hard environment and are glad that you and your team are embodying that every day. We feel so fortunate to have team members like you working with us to create the best places to call home!

Very Productive and great place to learn about Home Builders
Field Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 29, 2018
A typical day would be in contact in the Superintends regarding production on job site, followup a job site. Process invoices, contact vendors. Work with the Design Department, AP & AR regarding on payments with Suppliers.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Department Accountability
March 13, 2018

Thanks so much for the positive review and for describing your experiences here at Brookfield! We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best.

Nice work environment
Executive Assistant to President/ Seven Vice (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Our office was a very relaxed environment with a ping pong table ( believe it or not). Also, very community minded and active. We volunteered and had drives and fundraisers for local nonprofits.
It was a great place, unfortunately they got into financial problems.
Pros
Monthly employee gatherings
Cons
Spent too much money
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly do like to give back to the communities in which we live, work, and build in. We’re happy to hear that you were able to take part in some of these volunteer opportunities during your time with us. All this is consistent with the recognition we received as a 2017 Aon Best Employer in Canada and the United States.
2017 was a volatile year for homebuilding in Austin. For us, we quickly adjusted to these market realities and are as solid as ever, especially as Austin remains a growing market overall. We’re excited for our future business.

Amazing Support
New Home Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasNovember 27, 2017
I worked for Brookfield for nearly 2 years and DID NOT want to leave. I could not open my store and be successful at Real Estate at the same time. The management team was amazing, the support from the construction team, architects, HR and field training was the best I have ever seen. This is not the place for you if you are happy with mediocrity because the training is intense and is designed to make you the best in this industry.
Pros
Training, Support and LOTS of money!
Cons
A lot of meetings. More than usual but most are necessary.
February 9, 2018

Thanks so much for this great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here, and certainly appreciate all of your contributions while you were a Brookfield team member. We wish you the absolute best of luck in opening up your store!

n/a
n/a (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2017
Job Culture is average
Management is below average
Job Security is below average
Compensation/ Benefits are average
Job Work/Life Balance are average
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that during your time here, you felt that we were only average or below average on these important aspects. We do our best to keep our culture strong through our monthly activities and quarterly volunteer days offered through our Social and Giving Committees. We also provide opportunities for each of our employees to develop and grow personally and professionally within Brookfield. In order to promote better work/life balance, we offer numerous vacation days and holidays to all of our team members. Our Total Rewards team regularly reviews our compensation to ensure that we are competitive with what the market is offering. We truly value and appreciate your honest feedback, and hope that you will reach out to us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com to continue this conversation.

Good and bad in every company I'm sure
Confidential (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCSeptember 30, 2017
There are good and bad in every company I would imagine. Poor management in any company will ruin a business. When you goal is to hire people who are young vs hiring good highly skilled charismatic managers to grow a team who will respect and work hard for them. When you promote people who make mistakes vs firing them. It's a good old boy shop pretty much full of nepotism.
benefits
Cons
Poor management
November 14, 2017

We appreciate your feedback, but are disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We have initiated management training this year for our new and emerging leaders to address some of these issues. As you know, we are always putting in effort to create a great work environment for all of our team members. Please reach out to thankyou@brookfieldrp.com so that we can continue this conversation.

Work life cycle
Project/Program/Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 16, 2017
Worked with multiple consultants and third party contractors to accomplish the mission. Management is very supportive of work and personal life as well as continuous growth opportunities.
Pros
management support, benefits, salary, and working as a team
Brookfield is a forward looking company focused on innovation
Vice President, Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Brookfield Residential as it allows me to creatively solve work issues.I was able to work on corporate initiatives such as new corporate website and annual management retreat.
good place to work
Project Asministrator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 14, 2016
Management hasn't changed for years which makes growth extremely difficult and causes conflicts. The hardest part of the job is the workload excessiveness due to being under maned which causes an extremely high stress level and a poor work life balance.
Pros
medical, dental, lunches, team days
Cons
excessive workload, no room for growth
Great benefits, however unrealistic expectations.
Production Planning Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 13, 2015
Great people, working very hard. However, Upper Management had unrealistic expectations, and set unrealistic goals. Absolutely no work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits, supplied snacks and drinks
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, no work/life balance
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 14, 2015
It's a great place to work but very few opportunities for job growth. The people who work here are very close knit and they feel like a family.
Great place for oppurtunity
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAFebruary 23, 2015
great place that is doing well in the market, the management can use some help. But overall nice place to work. I dealt with city officials, homeowners, construction workers, and builders, on a constant basis. The hardest is to deal with faction of people with no edicate for society.
Pros
Great family organization
Cons
Have to stay professional
Small Company
Sales Representative - Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 31, 2012
No growth, which is expected in a down economy. You work hoildays and weekends. All of them.
Pros
thanksgiving turkey
Cons
you work hoildays and weekends. all of them.