Brookline College Employee Reviews in Tempe, AZ

Poor management
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2019
From "corporate", campus presidents and DOE's, no empathy or caring for faculty! Drama, gossip and LOTS of swearing. Very unprofessional. Management has LOTS of "conflicts of interest" that are overlooked. Accreditation board should look deeper.
Pros
None, it's a paycheck
Run dont walk
Former employee management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 17, 2018
The College is run like an asylum only the patients are running it. Drama created by management. It appears to be run like a high school and all the staff and faculty are waiting to be the targets that week. Either the Director will run you off or push you to quit. You need employees to run a college, but not to run an asylum.
Pros
Cons
Abusive
Out Going atmosphere
Dialysis Technician Program Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 18, 2017
Great Company to work for. They push the educational opportunities for students & staff.I highly recommend Brookline College. this college helps create the balance between life, family, work & school. The Program Directors are very down to earth & willing to help.
Pros
Eductaional Opportunities
Cons
Studnet census
Bad Management!!!
Instructor / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 11, 2017
Bad Management. Lack of care for employees and students. No communication with staff and management. Poor electronics and computers for students and staff.
Great and competitive environment
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 8, 2017
Great and close environment that cultivates a competitive environment.Room for advancement and opportunities if you succeed. Would recommend to friends and family.
Good Ol' Boys' Club
Career Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 8, 2017
A lot of people with power trip. If you're not in the boys' club, you are SOL. It's all about who you know rather than what you know. There's a high turnover rate.
Great Company to work for!!
Receptionist/Admissions Coord/New Student Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2017
If your not afraid to work hard Brookline will welcome you with open arms. Its a fun up beat place to work. The college has been around for many years and cares about the students and employees.The hardest part of my job was leaving after 17 years it was hard not to be a part of the students success. The best part of my job was helping students be successful and seeing them graduate at the end.
The work culture is like a big family everyone gets along well with others and works as a team.
Pros
flexible schedules
Dental assistant instructor
Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 26, 2017
Part time faculty. Nice people. Pressure for enrollment as it was a for profit school. One thing I was not happy about was the fact the dental assisting students paid a high price for the education, but could not sit for the board examines because the school was not CODA accredited.
A bit hazzy to remember
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2016
Good people, lots of pressure to get less than motivated applicants. That's what I remember. I have seen good and bad reviews since I left. Long and short, its a job that could lead to other opportunities at other places since it is a small school.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Management leaves a lot to be desired. Poor quality benefits.
Customer service job LRC
Learning Resource Center Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2015
I answer any and all student questions.
Inventory duty, maintain copier, and answer phone.
Check in and out books and send notices to people with overdue books.
Some of my coworkers were really nice people and very supportive.
Helped staff with audio/ visual equipment.
Most enjoyable part of the job is when the staff would run fun functions for the students with free food and drink/ entertainment.
I would participate in helping.
Pros
Rewarding job, when you feel appreciated
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours.
Stressful
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2015
Co-workers are nice and friendly but departments are separated with little to no communication daily.
Management support for PD but not staff, and always the threat of being fired if they feel like you are not being a yes person.
Instructors must work split shift, four hours morning class, four hours evening class, or must work all day to ensure you are at 40 hours. Becomes very hard to function, they do not give a reprieve or help.
Help young people with post secondary education
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 8, 2015
make out bound and receive in bound calls from candidates who wanted to attend college.

I learned about different Medical and educational programs and why they are important in the work force.

I had 5 different managers while I was there. It took a lot to get used to but achieved every change.

I had fantastic co workers, we always helped each other when we needed assistance and support.

The hardest part of my job was to learn different types of management styles since I had over 5 managers while I was there.

I loved to interview new students learn about then and enroll them into our programs. The best part was to see them walk down that stage during their graduation.
Pros
Help students find their path and seeing them graduate
Cons
make intense phone calls deal with changes in management
great atmosphere. warm loving and caring
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2015
clocking in checking to see what was needed of me, each other helping each other, all on the same page working as a team. Making sure that time was taken to help each student and potential student gather the information that was needed.
I learned that no one is here alone and that there is always someone there for you, when you think that there isn't.
My co-workers was like family to me. No matter what the problem may have been they all helped out.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave every day.
The most enjoyable part was seeing the success upon the students and potential students face when they walk out the door.
dont work here
Patient Care Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 8, 2014
not a good place to work. missing pay, you name it they have the problem.
An organization in which the environment is unsettled and full of discourse.
Surgical Technologist Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2014
A typical day included chaos only found in an environment in which high levels of stress throughout the campus might result in emergency services coming to the rescue!
Pros
Excellent place to work independently.
Cons
Many.
Part-time Paramedic
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 13, 2014
Was always a part-time employee for PMT. Was just able to show up and do my job without becoming involved in issues that come with being a full-time employee i.e. union, benefits, assigned trucks/stations etc.
Pros
Easy to pick up shifts. Works great around other schedules. Easy extra morey.
Cons
Trucks without A/C in the summer.
Hostile, over-worked, no-rewarding environment
Program Director, Instructor & Extern Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 4, 2013
In an attempt to save money and stay afloat in the proprietary education business, Brookline has become a very stressful place of employment. Employees are over-used/over-worked and compensation is little to be desired, as we continually took pay-cuts across the board. All the while, were expected to do more with less across multiple job descriptions. The new management that has taken control of the college in the last several months promotes a hostile, "bullying" work environment.
Class from 8-12
Medical Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 4, 2013
I learned the necessary skills to be able to go out and be an asset to the medical field.
Horrible management and constant turn over
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZJanuary 31, 2013
Wow, this place was a nightmare to work at. They constantly had problems getting my paycheck right. Lots on infighting and clicks in the staff. ALOT of turn over, I was there almost 2 years and was an "old timer"
Management never really seemed to know what was going on except when the next fundraiser was. The staff seemed to be very clickish and not really willing to help each other. The hardest part was the hours. 7-12 and 5-10 split shift, with frequent mandatory meetings (unpaid by the way) in your 12 to 5 break and on weekends. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach skills with no supplies or the wrong supplies.

The best part of the job seeing student succeed despite the school.
Pros
they paid me, once in a while even on time.
Cons
everything.
All the other instructors are great to work with
MA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaMay 7, 2012
I prepare lesson plans, syllubus, grades, exams. I enjoy working as an Instructor to be able to share my experiences with students and to know that they are learning is great for me. To be able to watch my students walk and recieve that diploma is a great feeling.
Pros
we all get along
Cons
still new