Brookline College Employee Reviews for Assistant Instructor

A typical day is not knowing what to expect from management.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ and Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2018
It would be good if the Instructors had the support of the management team. Management tends to take only the word of the students whether it is wrong or right.
Great School!!!!
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2017
Great instructors. Very happy to be part of their team. Great benefits. Have gained a lot of knowledge and had opportunities to further my education while working here.
Stressful
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2015
Co-workers are nice and friendly but departments are separated with little to no communication daily.
Management support for PD but not staff, and always the threat of being fired if they feel like you are not being a yes person.
Instructors must work split shift, four hours morning class, four hours evening class, or must work all day to ensure you are at 40 hours. Becomes very hard to function, they do not give a reprieve or help.
Part-time Paramedic
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 13, 2014
Was always a part-time employee for PMT. Was just able to show up and do my job without becoming involved in issues that come with being a full-time employee i.e. union, benefits, assigned trucks/stations etc.
Pros
Easy to pick up shifts. Works great around other schedules. Easy extra morey.
Cons
Trucks without A/C in the summer.
Students were great
Medical Assistant /MIBC Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 6, 2012
My typical day started at 7am, took care of messages from day before and any student issues that needed my attention. At 8am I would go into classroom and teach till noon. Then I would do administrative work , making phone calls, going on site visits and going to required meetings. I learned many things, but didn't really get the accolades to go with them The Management(DOE and Campus director) were ok in the beginning but toward the end of my time there, it became more increasingly difficult to stay on tract with them. My co-workers for the most part were ideal. We all seemed to work together and get along. The hardest part of my job was pleasing the bosses. My favorite part was working directly with the students,teaching them what they needed to know for their chosen fields of medicine.