Brookline College Employee Reviews for Instructor

Poor management
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2019
From "corporate", campus presidents and DOE's, no empathy or caring for faculty! Drama, gossip and LOTS of swearing. Very unprofessional. Management has LOTS of "conflicts of interest" that are overlooked. Accreditation board should look deeper.
Pros
None, it's a paycheck
Working Days
Biology Instructor (Former Employee) –  2445 W Dunlap Ave #100, Phoenix, AZ 85021February 23, 2019
The most ideal day is a busy day. Productivity, respectfulness, kindness, and helpfulness are important in a working environment. Although employees are from different educational and socioeconomic backgrounds, treating each other with respect is necessary in a workplace.
not great for students
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2018
the school closed in the middle of 2 classes of students trying to turn their lives around. they did not offer to place them in another school or refund any monies owed to them. bad form.
No appreciation for amount of time/effort
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 24, 2018
Moral low, policies are not followed, no direction, very little support compared to other institutions I've experienced.
Spent 15-20 hrs a week prepping after teaching 16 hrs weekly.
Pros
multicultural students
Cons
Location, low pay, not a real college, textbooks
i enjoyed working with the students
MEDICAL ASSTANT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed teaching the students about the medical field, hoping they would advance themselves and their life and become productive in the community and excel.
Pros
teaching
Cons
the effort that went into preparing for the class
Bad Management!!!
Instructor / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 11, 2017
Bad Management. Lack of care for employees and students. No communication with staff and management. Poor electronics and computers for students and staff.
Trickle down bad management from AZ head campus
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2017
Communication is not good, non existent or vague as email directives are not clear.Employees that cannot teach, stay, and others are great, leave. Safety is an issue located in sketchy area. There's a revolving door of staff leaving. Constant IT issues. Enrollment down and rumors of closing. There are other schools in Alb that have better reputation.
Pros
students
Cons
Location, low pay, few benefits, no marketing strategy to enroll more students
Company is going through transition
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2017
Company is going through transition. Management continues to change. Accreditation is in the process of changing. Great class environment but lack of supplies and support.
Pros
Teacher Freedom
Cons
Too many changes.
to many unpaid hours.
Medical Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2017
I did not enjoy the split day hours. I was asked to work one hour before I was scheduled to start twice per day. This would have amounted to ten hours per week, or forty hours per month working and not paid.
It's a 'Not to Like' co. with their new 'take over' & only THEIR people
Full-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2015
My typical day began by being at least an hour early to class to prepare my daily materials.(Not to say this was nearly enough) I was always learning from having to look up correct information since the exams did not follow the syllabus or the test.

Management for the second half of this year really got bad. No one knew anything since the new company that came in had fired nearly all the staff of various high and low positions. Supplies were missing, just not ordered for our students, co-workers moral was deplorable. If you saw a box, you knew that was another co-worker on their way out.

The hardest part of the job by that time was, we had no support. Only the manipulation of the few new college leaders of our once 'not for profit' college.
Pros
On opportunity to help young people be trained for a profession in the field and get off welfare
Cons
Too much to teach in a very short time, some students were not given the opportunity to learn in their own way.
Poor management, low enrollment. Programs falling to low numbers
Instructor (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueDecember 26, 2013
Showing negative growth in most programs. A year of cutbacks and pay reductions. High turnover rate in the last year.
Pros
small class size
Cons
Single person classes, poor management, low compensation no future for advancement or growth. .
Horrible management and constant turn over
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZJanuary 31, 2013
Wow, this place was a nightmare to work at. They constantly had problems getting my paycheck right. Lots on infighting and clicks in the staff. ALOT of turn over, I was there almost 2 years and was an "old timer"
Management never really seemed to know what was going on except when the next fundraiser was. The staff seemed to be very clickish and not really willing to help each other. The hardest part was the hours. 7-12 and 5-10 split shift, with frequent mandatory meetings (unpaid by the way) in your 12 to 5 break and on weekends. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach skills with no supplies or the wrong supplies.

The best part of the job seeing student succeed despite the school.
Pros
they paid me, once in a while even on time.
Cons
everything.
Wonderful staff, Campus Director and students!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Okc, okOctober 5, 2012
Brookline's okc campus has great instructors/staff and the Campus Director is very friendly and personable. It's a smaller campus, but to me that just creates a more pleasant, easy to work in environment. As an instructor, your able to give the students more one on one teaching time and the staff works that much closer as a team, which everyone benefits from. The atmosphere is caring and fun, yet serious when it comes to learning, which makes you really able to enjoy coming to work everyday.

There are currently 3 programs for the students to choose from. All of the programs have solid, thorough curriculum that are already built for you-with some academic freedom to add on additional resources you deem necessary for the best learning experience possible.

It's refreshing to see campus administration that is caring, friendly, fun and personable with both staff and students. You can tell they genuinely care about them succeeding at their futures.

It is an extremely rewarding job and I would definitely recommend Brookline as a place of employment.
Pros
great staff to work with, students who are success driven, 4 hour/day 4 days/week schedule, fun and friendly learning environment, good curriculum, small classes, realistic "on the job" training for students, pays above the average
Cons
instructors are adjunct (so no benefit package), currently only evening classes-can be a little tough if you have a family, could use more advertising/recruiting for campus growth
My personal opinion-worst work enviroment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 22, 2012
I won't go into ALL the details but this college was the worst and most hostile work environment I have ever worked, in my opinion.. I would rather be broke and homeless before I would ever work there again.
At first the administration was extremely nice and helpful but this only lasted about a week. In my experience, I was physically at work on average 55 hours a week and worked at home for an additional 10 hours. The were many times that I worked from 7am-1pm, 1pm-2pm mandatory meeting, 2:30 pm-4:30 pm napped in my car, back to work at 5pm-10:00pm and went home at 10:30pm only to be back at with by 7am the next day. I was on salary and would not recommend out did to the amount of hours I worked.
Maybe the work environment has changed but I would be cautious.
I was initially told I was required to work 40-45 hours a week so make sure you get your work hours, days you will work and most important your SHIFT in WRITING.
Pros
it is a job and you are not homeless
Cons
you are working there and dream of being homeless
All the other instructors are great to work with
MA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaMay 7, 2012
I prepare lesson plans, syllubus, grades, exams. I enjoy working as an Instructor to be able to share my experiences with students and to know that they are learning is great for me. To be able to watch my students walk and recieve that diploma is a great feeling.
Pros
we all get along
Cons
still new