Brookline College Employee Reviews

Poor College
Student Loan Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2017
This school only cares about money. They do not care for students. They have the highest tuition for students that can barely make ends meet. If you do not pay the school back you do not receive your diploma or transcripts.
The President quit without notice, lay offs, not making a profit
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2017
They laid 30 employees off, the President quit from one day to another. Employees have to double up on their job duties. Rumor has it that the company will fold.
Not sure how long they will be in the game
Technical Support Administration-Contract Hire FT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2017
After poor treatment of IT and staff all faith was lost on Management and to take so much from students and put nothing back into rhe Tech the students used.

Poor Executive choices
It is a great place to work.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
I am able to perform my duties with minimal supervision. I multi-task daily with a "can do" attitude" and provide support to all faculty and students. I am responsible for onboarding new faculty and acquiring new hire paperwork. Schedule a high volume of appointments, coordinate meetings, prepare expense reports. Provide tracking relevant to the department.

The hardest part of the job is due to the high turnover of managements.
Pros
My hours, my ability to perform my duties with minimal supervision.
Cons
Management turnover
Thier turnover on employees was high.
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2017
It was so unreal, unprofessional, and the turnover of employees was so high. There were so many CEO's, Campus Directors, and continuous hiring and firing. Haven nothing else to say.
Great and competitive environment
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 8, 2017
Great and close environment that cultivates a competitive environment.Room for advancement and opportunities if you succeed. Would recommend to friends and family.
Time
Admissions Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
It was an revolving door a d poor management..In my two years there was 3 different Directors of Admissions. The job was very chaotic and not a the best
Good Ol' Boys' Club
Career Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 8, 2017
A lot of people with power trip. If you're not in the boys' club, you are SOL. It's all about who you know rather than what you know. There's a high turnover rate.
Great School!!!!
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2017
Great instructors. Very happy to be part of their team. Great benefits. Have gained a lot of knowledge and had opportunities to further my education while working here.
Company is going through transition
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2017
Company is going through transition. Management continues to change. Accreditation is in the process of changing. Great class environment but lack of supplies and support.
Pros
Teacher Freedom
Cons
Too many changes.
Needs a lot of work
Administration (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 21, 2017
There are some great people who work for Brookline - but the company structure is horrible and the motivation to continue must come completely from with in. Management leaves a lot to be desired and the long term stability of the company is definitely in question.
Could be better
Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2017
The company struggles to meet goals, which causes frustrations throughout the entire company. Management is constantly asking for more and does not show recognition to their employees for the hard work they do. I met my goals and often surpassed them, and still I did not get appreciation for going above and beyond. It's strictly a place to work at and get a paycheck.
Pros
Compensation, Discounts on Tuition
Cons
Management is lacking, no time for breaks, sometimes have to skip lunch
Great Company to work for!!
Receptionist/Admissions Coord/New Student Services (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2017
If your not afraid to work hard Brookline will welcome you with open arms. Its a fun up beat place to work. The college has been around for many years and cares about the students and employees.The hardest part of my job was leaving after 17 years it was hard not to be a part of the students success. The best part of my job was helping students be successful and seeing them graduate at the end.
The work culture is like a big family everyone gets along well with others and works as a team.
Pros
flexible schedules
to many unpaid hours.
Medical Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2017
I did not enjoy the split day hours. I was asked to work one hour before I was scheduled to start twice per day. This would have amounted to ten hours per week, or forty hours per month working and not paid.
Great at the campus level
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
The school has gone through many changes. While management at the campus level is excellent, the "corporate" management is severely lacking. Although the jury is still out on the new President, the VP of nursing is absolutely horrible.

The best part of the job is the people we work with (at the campus).

The worst part is upper management.

Too much red tape, inconsistency, and micro-management as well as broken promises to faculty.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Upper Management
stressful place to work
Director of Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2017
A typical day at work for Brookline College (former International Institute of the Americas College) was having the Director standing at the door to greet all employees (staff and faculty). Then having the Director of Education as supervisor was simply the best experience, I had the opportunity to learn, to co-teach classes, and to grow in my education at the same time.
Brookline college
Program Director for NAACLS (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2017
This college is a good place to work but there have been times when the faculty and staff had to take a pay cut due to the poor management of the administration. The students worked hard and the city of Phoenix was a nice place to work and live.
Pros
Students and staff
Cons
forced pay cuts.
Opinion
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2017
In my opinion this collge is a great place to work
Like all other uniersities or colleges they are being run by people who do not know what they are doing
To bad this was a gret place to work until they changed everythig
Dental assistant instructor
Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 26, 2017
Part time faculty. Nice people. Pressure for enrollment as it was a for profit school. One thing I was not happy about was the fact the dental assisting students paid a high price for the education, but could not sit for the board examines because the school was not CODA accredited.
Student
Phlebotomy Technician Program (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
I was a student at Brookline for my Phlebotomy program and I loved it. I can't really say anything about working there, but as a student somethings could be changed when it comes to coursework, but I'm happy with my education

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookline College. Our community is ready to answer.