Brooklyn Bowl Employee Reviews

people are very nice and enjoy with work and fun too
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2019
They are very cool and nice people at work. I like to be enjoy work with them. Some people want learn to sign language. I so happy that work with them. I love to hear the music from far away in my work.
Pros
I like to try something new experience work
Cons
not really and nothing
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2019
Working at Brooklyn Bowl was great! It was fun to work at the venue and be in the middle of everything. The staff really knows what they are doing and taught me so much from the time I spent there.
Fun work environment
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2018
The owners are both great people who care about the people who work for them. Brooklyn Bowl is a fun work environment. If you love people, food, live music and hospitality this is the company for you. It's a fast paced work environment where you have to always be on your toes.
Horrible place to work
server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2018
This place is an absolute joke. If you've worked in a real full service restaurant this place is not for you. Its a glorified cocktailing job, w over priced bar food. The management are completely disorganized and ridiculous. A lot of favoritism. I once witnessed them fire a new hire within a few days because of what they heard from other employees, instead of approaching the person themselves. The staff is very caddy and doesn't seem to care to much about customer service SAVE YOURSELF the hassle, they don't offer full time and its more or less just cocktailing
Pros
employee meal
Cons
management, scheduling, everything else really
Potential for greatness but terrible management.
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2018
You think this place is a great cultured environment but the management is terrible. I worked there for 2 1/2 years and nothing to show for but hard work and a drained work ethic. You put your hard work in here and it means nothing. They play favorites and management definitely has a balancing act of tantrums and power struggles. Things are so up and down and if it wasnt for the awesome crew and people who actually worked to put the events into play at every flexibile expense, most of the money being made would have not been excecuted. Working there does have its benefits cultural-wise, such as the beautiful and diverse people who flow throw there, but the work that's put on you for the compensation seems like a fair wage at first, but after realizing after years, there's a lot to the company that they do not give the crew gratification and/or acknowledgement for sweat and incompentance of the unorganized and stressful environment due to management.
Rock and Roll
Live Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, NYFebruary 23, 2018
A fast-paced, but relaxed environment with a welcoming atmosphere. The normal challenges of a venue are almost non-existent because there is so much freedom, though with professionalism, to have fun while doing what you love.
Sporadically Busy, Disappointingly slow
Las Vegas - Box Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2018
Most of the job is nice and easy, but every so often it is too busy to handle. I only ever work 3 times a pay period, and that's not enough. I'm always told that there will "be more hours," but there never are.
exciting and fun place to work. great experience all around.
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2017
A great venue with awesome staff. Smaller office setting, but with great people. If you love live music this is the best place you could work. The work hours are great and lunch is provided. The GM, OM and HR managers are all there to help. The owners are amazing human beings and appreciate all of their employees.
Pros
free lunch, free live music, great hours
Professional quality food
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
A typical work day for a Dishwasher is clocking in and getting right to work on cleaning restaurant dish ware and pots and pans in a three stage cleaning Procedure. Other duties is garbage take out, sanitation buckets changed out every two hours, sweeping and mopping of prep cook and line cooks areas and stocking kitchen with clean and sanitized dish ware. I learned that you have to think ahead of which dish wares the prep cook and line cooks are going to need and keep a high pace. Management is very professional by following company policies and health department requirement. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I clock out that I leave the next shift ready to work with no set backs.
Pros
professional kitchen workers, free lunches
Cons
Music driven communal work environment.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2016
Brooklyn Bowl is a one of a kind work environment. In the 7 years that I have worked there, I have gain invaluable management experience in all areas of operations and management.
loud concert venue
Lead Tech Bowling ops (Former Employee) –  Las VegasMay 7, 2014
A venue where the majority of the staff is either over or under qualified. The team atmosphere here needs some serious work.