Brooklyn Prospect Charter School Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awesome Learning Environment!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2018
Staff and students are very productive, welcoming to everyone
Helpful reception
Good communication skills between students and teachers
Good communication among staff
Cons
rapid growth, need more room.
Excellent place to work
Building Manager/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 6, 2018
I been working for 5 years and it’s the best place to work, great benefits and very supportive team from CEO to the last custodian member.
Great environment to work, lots of training.
Pros
Great benefits
Micro Management
ICT Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2018
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School started off with a good work environment, but it quickly became a place where curriculum is more important that the students.
Pros
Great Kids
Cons
management
Fun workplace very collaborative
Light Handyman Work (Current Employee) –  Fort Hamilton, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Very great place to work work , they'll help you with any needs necessary and provide you with tools to help you. Very caring and compassionate. Also all faculty and staff are all team players.
Not a bad job overall but definite downsides
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2017
I worked here for about 2 and a half years. I was thrilled to get a job having searched for one for a while. The first couple of weeks were fairly challenging having to learn the ropes and all the tasks I was responsible for but I eventually got the hang of it I served breakfast to kids in the morning after having prepared what I could the day before and finishing it up the next morning. I served lunch to the kids as well which I also set up. I discovered I actually liked working around kids which really surprised me because I didn't think I would like it. I liked the people I worked with so I was definitely content with the job. But after about a year, I began to tire of doing the same thing day in day out. I stayed simply because I couldn't find anything else at the time and I needed some income. I began to see some downsides to the job at that time. I saw that there was no opportunity for me to move up and do something else within the school so as a result I felt really trapped because I was staying stagnant doing the same thing. Even with those negatives, I got to experience what it was like to work in a positive work environment and how to get along with co-workers as well as how to budget out my paychecks seeing as they weren't a ton of money and for those things I am very appreciative and I am thankful for my time there. On my last day, I was sad to leave even though it was something I wanted because I really did learn a lot there and grew to really like my co-workers as well so overall I do think it is a good place to work. I think that says something about a place when  more... you are sad to leave it even though its the right thing for you. It means its a good place to work because if its not then you wouldn't feel bad about leaving there. Thats all I have to say. I know this is a little long but I wanted to give my full honest opinion and I think I've done that.  less
Pros
nice co workers, positive work environment
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, summers off, non-paid vacations
Good Community with High Expectations
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 4, 2017
The school has a great mission and goal. The IB program is great for students and teachers who want free reigns on their curriculum. There are an enormous amount of meetings. The community is smaller than other schools and great. It is a place of growth and there are always growth opportunities arising.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch for faculty
Cons
Many meetings and longer days than DOE
Diploma mill
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2016
The school is not using state funds to help children. Run by non-educators and hedge fund managers who are interested in money but not students.
Pros
free lunches
After School Coordinator
Assistant After School Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the smiling faces of the children. Co-Workers are super friendly and staff makes you feel comfortable
Great Learning experience and a fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, New YorkJanuary 11, 2013
A typical day at work is working with kids, grades 6th through 9th, conducting interactive activities and counseling. I learned how to listen attentively, paying attention to details and being patient. The management is very organized and my co-workers are friendly and willing to work as a team, the hardest part of the job is trying to get the kids to stay focused, and the most enjoyable part is seeing the satisfaction on the kids faces at the end of every session.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooklyn Prospect Charter School. Our community is ready to answer.

Brooklyn Prospect Charter School Reviews by Location