Brooks Brothers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decline of American Icon
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in the United StatesAugust 7, 2018
The people who work for Brooks Brothers are great. However over the last few years I have seen a decline regarding company values. Recently so many have been cut back to PT...lost their health benefits. As a result they have lost many good people who have been with the company for over 30 years. People who have been a trade mark to this companies continued success. Currently they are doing away with Tailors in most of the stores and expect employees to know how to do all the marking. They are running their stores on skeleton crews and expect you to make appointments on your own time to show product and the Made to Measure Program. This company is no longer what it used to be. It no longer has the prestigious as an American Icon.
brook brothers
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 6, 2018
brook brothers is okay, money is not that great but it dose help put food on the table. I loved the people I worked with they were nice and very helpful.
Poor workplace culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2018
The company was a great place to work until 7 years ago when they started to change it. It has become a generic company with poor compensation and little opportunities for advancement. Sad but true!
Rich History
Assistant Store Manager/Head Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2018
Brooks Brothers has a rich beautiful history and was a excellent place to work. Unfortunately, things have changed. They have lost their values and being a People First company.
Eh
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
The culture at brooks brothers is welcoming. But there is little to no room for advancement and they are making cuts on salaries. You must be available on weekends and holidays. Requesting time off can be a bit of a headache, so work-life balance is horrible. Other than that you may enjoy your coworkers, but not fully enjoy the job.
Rarely promotes, not very much on the job training
Full-Time Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
The company expects all employees to do everyone's job (including marketing, tailoring) but with little pay and continually slash employees' benefits.
Pros
401K, Healthcare, Dental
Cons
No promotions, bad management
Fast paced collaborative work environment
Manager of Global Logistics (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 2, 2018
Very fast paced work environment with high caliber managment that works well together while still giving one another the freedom to work independently to obtain a common goal.
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
poor compensation, low employee moral
Excelente ambiente
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 27, 2018
Muy excelente me gusta como empresa , pero solo es part time
Pros
Cons
Si hay descanso
Productive and great place to work
Shipping / Receiving Manager - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 27, 2018
Management has since changed but while I was there all of the employees were professional and collaborative. The products are first rate and the location is excellent.
A family environment as we worked as a team.
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017June 26, 2018
Working on a rotation schedule does provide ample time for life moments. As well for an environment that does provide skills for your task of day. Working together as a team department is satisfactory for that customer along with the associate. A completion of calm after the work day is done.
Pros
With outside events held at the location, it is great to see a small glimpse of concerts.
Cons
Last minute changing rotations can be upsetting.
Demanding workplace in a high pace environment
Store Supervisor, Key Holder, Head Stock (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJune 24, 2018
There is a continuous amount of work tasks that must be fullfiled in a stressful environment with a necessity to be able to multitask and prioritize your time.
Pros
Hour break for lunch
Cons
Constantly busy in a demanding environment
Great Brand, incompetent leadership
Senior Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
A great brand, however the culture at Brooks for the past 2 years does not foster good moral or respect for management. Several individuals, both internal associates along with outside hires, have been put in positions that they are not qualified to handle.
relaxed environment
Enfield, CT-Customer Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 20, 2018
They show favoritism when in comes to progression. There is a big turn over. Management is unprofessional and there is plenty of gossip. Some of the employees look like junkies or hobos.
Pros
discounts
Cons
they play favorites and upper mgmnt is unprofessional
Great Place To Work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10017June 19, 2018
Paid very well with little decision making power as a manager. Too many people over you! Everyone has a different opinion and you have to change how you feel every single day based on the higher ups. Of course retail in a living business; however, with the amount of bosses over each other at B.B you never know who to listen to.
Pros
Good pay, great discounts, great name
Cons
Too many bosses and it's union
overall good company
Sales & Sales support (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 17, 2018
depending on what you do for Brooks Brothers it can be a good job. Certainly good for people in school. Otherwise Sales or Management is the only way to make decent money.
Very nice store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanibel, FLJune 15, 2018
This is not your typical retail environment. I found that their approach to retail was much more friendly and helpful compared to the shark like atmosphere that is encouraged in other stores.
Encourages employees to participate in fundraising and education
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZJune 7, 2018
Company offers great benefits, HR works with employees on many services and assistance.
Self - learning via computer provides education and training on sales and fashion terminology and operations.
Pros
DM's hold reular meetings; company listens to suggestions
Cons
shipment and customer service must be handled with only two people all day/night
Bb
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
I was able to gain this position at a time that I needed a job. My hopes were to gain more administrative experience however this position was rooted in sales and did not afford me the experience I expected.
Great Workplace with some downsides.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHMay 23, 2018
Brooks Brothers is a wonderful company and I have enjoyed working there. I would recommend it as a great starter job for a college student or a retirement job for older people.
I have gained valuable experience in retail work, customer service, and sales during my time there.
The product is high-quality and excellent in style, although sometimes over priced. The promotions are generally pretty good.
The workplace culture is (for the most part) great - the supervisors are amazing and my coworkers are now my friends.
However, while the supervisors are hard-working and dependable, there is sometimes lackluster management and often a lack of responsibility among the higher-ups.
Customers are 50/50. They can be either wonderful people with whom it is a real joy to work, or entitled rich people who treat you like dirt.
Hours are hard. You have to work late nights or short shifts (4-5 hours). The schedule is flexible, making it easier to get time off, but there is not much consistency in the hours worked from one week to the next.

In all, great place to work for a summer or temporary job. Greatest part of it is amazing coworkers and a great environment.
Pros
scheduling, breaks, great coworkers, good enviroment
Cons
Low pay, no career advancement, no bonuses/incentives
Wisdom
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 15, 2018
Working at Brooks Brothers provided me with the opportunity(s) and space to converse more deeply as well as help serve quality fabrics to quality cliente.
Not only was the product knowledge bar none but the experience that our manager taught us incomparable. I appreciate(d) every opportunity that was given at Brooks Brothers. My favorite job so far.
Pros
Cons
Commission structure