Brooks Brothers Employee Reviews

Fast paced collaborative work environment
Manager of Global Logistics (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 2, 2018
Very fast paced work environment with high caliber managment that works well together while still giving one another the freedom to work independently to obtain a common goal.
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
poor compensation, low employee moral
Excelente ambiente
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 27, 2018
Muy excelente me gusta como empresa , pero solo es part time
Pros
Cons
Si hay descanso
Productive and great place to work
Shipping / Receiving Manager - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 27, 2018
Management has since changed but while I was there all of the employees were professional and collaborative. The products are first rate and the location is excellent.
A family environment as we worked as a team.
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017June 26, 2018
Working on a rotation schedule does provide ample time for life moments. As well for an environment that does provide skills for your task of day. Working together as a team department is satisfactory for that customer along with the associate. A completion of calm after the work day is done.
Pros
With outside events held at the location, it is great to see a small glimpse of concerts.
Cons
Last minute changing rotations can be upsetting.
Demanding workplace in a high pace environment
Store Supervisor, Key Holder, Head Stock (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJune 24, 2018
There is a continuous amount of work tasks that must be fullfiled in a stressful environment with a necessity to be able to multitask and prioritize your time.
Pros
Hour break for lunch
Cons
Constantly busy in a demanding environment
Great Brand, incompetent leadership
Senior Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
A great brand, however the culture at Brooks for the past 2 years does not foster good moral or respect for management. Several individuals, both internal associates along with outside hires, have been put in positions that they are not qualified to handle.
relaxed environment
Enfield, CT-Customer Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 20, 2018
They show favoritism when in comes to progression. There is a big turn over. Management is unprofessional and there is plenty of gossip. Some of the employees look like junkies or hobos.
Pros
discounts
Cons
they play favorites and upper mgmnt is unprofessional
Great Place To Work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10017June 19, 2018
Paid very well with little decision making power as a manager. Too many people over you! Everyone has a different opinion and you have to change how you feel every single day based on the higher ups. Of course retail in a living business; however, with the amount of bosses over each other at B.B you never know who to listen to.
Pros
Good pay, great discounts, great name
Cons
Too many bosses and it's union
overall good company
Sales & Sales support (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 17, 2018
depending on what you do for Brooks Brothers it can be a good job. Certainly good for people in school. Otherwise Sales or Management is the only way to make decent money.
Very nice store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanibel, FLJune 15, 2018
This is not your typical retail environment. I found that their approach to retail was much more friendly and helpful compared to the shark like atmosphere that is encouraged in other stores.
Encourages employees to participate in fundraising and education
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZJune 7, 2018
Company offers great benefits, HR works with employees on many services and assistance.
Self - learning via computer provides education and training on sales and fashion terminology and operations.
Pros
DM's hold reular meetings; company listens to suggestions
Cons
shipment and customer service must be handled with only two people all day/night
Bb
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
I was able to gain this position at a time that I needed a job. My hopes were to gain more administrative experience however this position was rooted in sales and did not afford me the experience I expected.
Great Workplace with some downsides.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHMay 23, 2018
Brooks Brothers is a wonderful company and I have enjoyed working there. I would recommend it as a great starter job for a college student or a retirement job for older people.
I have gained valuable experience in retail work, customer service, and sales during my time there.
The product is high-quality and excellent in style, although sometimes over priced. The promotions are generally pretty good.
The workplace culture is (for the most part) great - the supervisors are amazing and my coworkers are now my friends.
However, while the supervisors are hard-working and dependable, there is sometimes lackluster management and often a lack of responsibility among the higher-ups.
Customers are 50/50. They can be either wonderful people with whom it is a real joy to work, or entitled rich people who treat you like dirt.
Hours are hard. You have to work late nights or short shifts (4-5 hours). The schedule is flexible, making it easier to get time off, but there is not much consistency in the hours worked from one week to the next.

In all, great place to work for a summer or temporary job. Greatest part of it is amazing coworkers and a great environment.
Pros
scheduling, breaks, great coworkers, good enviroment
Cons
Low pay, no career advancement, no bonuses/incentives
Wisdom
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 15, 2018
Working at Brooks Brothers provided me with the opportunity(s) and space to converse more deeply as well as help serve quality fabrics to quality cliente.
Not only was the product knowledge bar none but the experience that our manager taught us incomparable. I appreciate(d) every opportunity that was given at Brooks Brothers. My favorite job so far.
Pros
Cons
Commission structure
Some great people to work with but the company doesn't really know what it's doing all the time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 6, 2018
The hours weren't always great, and the holiday hours are absolutely brutal. They pay pretty well for a retailer, but I felt like I should have been making more based on how much sales I was doing. I sold more in a week than I would get paid all year.
Great place to learn about diversity of cultures
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 4, 2018
Very demanding of management, but worth the effort in the end. If you are willing to put in the time and effort it will be recognized.

Great opportunity to learn more about merchandising and scheduling.
Pros
Bonuses, PTO time & Sick time
Cons
Demands by upper management are very stressful
Stable place to work
Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMay 4, 2018
Great Place to work... a lot of positive affirmation.

Positive affirmations are so much more than just feel good quotes and positive statements. In short, positive affirmations are statements that are spoken, and often repeated, to encourage and uplift the person speaking them. In reality, a positive affirmation is actually the language of the brain.
Small group. Easy going.
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 26, 2018
We all strive for the best customer service. We work as a team. If we are asked a question and don;t know we ask. As being part of the management team we lead by example. The hardest part of the job is not enough associates. If someone can't make into work its hard to find someone to take their shift. Customers are what makes my day, some even become your friends.
Pros
Easy going. Family orientated. Great Customers
Cons
one short break, no raises
terrible place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJApril 25, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. the management is horrible. they force you to buy and where their brand which is expensive even with the discount
Used to be a solid USA company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2018
One of the things this company prided itself on was that the apparel was produced in the USA. Now they outsource like every other company. Their mission statement does not build on new foundations, but rather the old one.
Pros
You can believe in the product with great history.
Cons
the product is now out sourced.