Brooks Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great case management experience.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
Lots of amazing clinicians and people caring for individuals impacted by a catastrophic illness or injury. I just lived far from Brooks. Too far to commute.
needed Management changes
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
very stressful always short within employee process of learning I learn as the new rules are implemented Management changes quite often the hardest part is working with a short staff I enjoy the residences a lot of overtime is required wish can cause burn out pay really is not great
Being a nurse or CNA is very hard there is no team work
Cons
sometime no breaks
Drama & Blaming
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2018
Supervisors and management alike are not interested in developing staff. They are unconcerned about turnover as they have stated "it happens everywhere". They are unconcerned with continuity of care for patients. The upper management is seen on the floor maybe once every 3 months. There is no work/home life balance. The benefits are substandard for such a large organization and cost a large amount of pay. Nurses are not allowed to wear scrubs. Yes, that is correct. They are forced to wear polo style shirts with no pockets which are not anti-microbial on any level.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
everything else
Great company to work for
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2018
Proud to be a part of this company. Great emphasis to continuous education and staff development. Several opportunities to learn different positions among the company.
run, i repeat run , dont do it (admissions liason)
admissions nurse liason (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2018
stressful meeting numbers at your assigned facility when being pulled to help other hospitals. how can you be accountable for your facility numbers when you are at someone elses hospital. one day it is we need strokes, no ortho. next day it is we need commercial patients, no medicare . medical director in admissions manipulates everything to get her way. dishonest, cut throught company to work for. management throws their staff under the bus to coverup their mistakes. benefit and pay the worst ever.
Pros
enjoyed working with staff in the hospitals. enjoyed helping patients in hospital get to brooks.
Cons
admissions medical director, management
Charge Care Coordinator Nurse- LPN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2018
Great place to work and great staff. It's nice to have all kinds of cultures with the staff and the patients. This is a workplace that lives up to a very high standard.
Pros
Growth in the company
Cons
No parking
Dont do it run!!
Corporate Finace (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2018
Severely Micromanaged. No Work-Life Balance. NO Paid Holidays. Slim PTO. Health benefits are only the minimal required by an employer. I do not recommend this employer.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
They are All Cons
Poor company management
Certified Wound Care RN, Ostomy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 29, 2018
Great place to work.
I was laid off and dismissed the same day, no advance notice.
Great boss.
Great patients.
Hardest part of job was the cooperation of Nursing supervisors.
Pros
Management stood behind their nurses.
Cons
No advance notice for being laid off.
Brooks Skilled Nursing Unit
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2018
I went through three DON in three years. Smh. Workers get hired then workers quit. It’s an involving door. Always short staff. No teamwork, never have the equipment you need. The pay is terrible but I love the flexibility shifts. Doesn’t feel like it’s a rehab more like a nursing home.
Pros
Flexibility scheduling
Cons
Pay, team work, type of patients, can’t take a break
Great to work for
Speech Language Pathologist PRN (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 24, 2018
Lots of new things to learn, interesting cases and exciting new opportunities. The management is supportive and creative in finding new ways to support the staff.
This is a very good company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company it gives you a lot of experience. While working for this company I had to oversee a group of patients with there Rehabilitation. I also had to assist the doctors and nurses with doing skin assessments on patients. I was responsible for giving showers in helping patients with daily living. I also had to manage output and intake. I had to assist the therapist inpatient care
The Skilled Nursing Unit is Horrible !!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2018
Run as far as you can from the skilled Nursing unit . They under pay u and there is never enough staff. They always over work u and then u will end up being the one patients tell that u are never on time to answer their call lights when the fact is that there is not enough CNAs working on the floor. The nurses never help you and they will tell u that they never went to college to get their degrees to be a "CNA" .... Horrible !! Right ? Thank heavens i left this place. It is not worth it.
Cons
Always short staffed, you will never hear a thank u for ur hard work from ur bosses.
Great Company Bad Managers
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2018
Best company for rehabilitation and they have so much to offer for patients!
The management is really lacking skills in so many areas. The pay is below average and the PL time is 21 days/year for hourly, but includes holidays, sick, bereavement etc. I have never heard of such a thing! The systems they use are dinosaur age. They keep growing, but won't upgrade their systems. It's sad because they have so much potential to be a great company on all levels!! Also, there is no communication. The people involved never get a say on important matters affecting the job. No one cares what is involved, just do it!! One person who knows nothing about payroll and our system limitations will make a rash decision without giving any thought at all to what is involved.
Pros
Cons
pay, benefits, time off, no communication at all
Great place to work as a young careerist
Outpatient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2018
Brooks was a great place to work as an intern and as an entry level employee. the work culture is great and they have been recognized as a top place to work for this reason.

In terms of advancement, the opportunities are not significant if you are not clinical. The majority of their leadership structure requires clinical expertise.

With that being said, I still think Brooks is a great place to learn as an early careerist. It is face paced, progressive in thinking and laid back. I really enjoyed my time with the company.
Brookdale have Management that doesn't care about the staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
I would a better opportunity but not at Brookdale. the administration only cares about making bonuses. they never have the equipment we need to provide to the residents
Excellent environment
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2018
Would highly recommend working here.
Management is highly qualified.
Patients were always happy to see and greet you.
Lots of opportunity for growth.
Brooks
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2018
Most of the management is great, but there are those few that could use some more training. There is always something new to do and learn, and the culture is fun.
Pros
Everyone works together
Fun, and family like atomsphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2018
I love Brooks, even to this day. I would go back there in a heartbeat if I could. Everyone from the CEO, to the cleaning crew treated you like family and showed that they cared about you and your advancement within the organization. They give so much back to their employees and to the community. Even though I may no longer be there I still consider them my family.
Pros
Cons
Not every clinic works the same, and they should
Big Name but Terrible Company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2018
Bartram Lakes is the most unprofessional, unorganized facility that I've ever worked for in my life. The Management Team lacks so much knowledge and skills. They don't know what they're doing, and are more about the money than they are about the people they care for. It's a terrible sight to see, and its so unfortunate. That campus alone is ruining the Brooks Legacy. The most stressful place to work, and management doesn't care about their employees.
Pros
Great Team of CNAs, Beautiful Location
Cons
This facility is much more like a Nursing Home, not Assisted Living
Interesting place to work.
Nursing Education Coordinator @ IHL (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2018
The company definitely cares about their employees. It is interesting looking at the culture of the workplace. Everyone is supportive of the workers. I enjoy working there.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
health insurance