Brooks Sports, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAAugust 30, 2018
A typical day at work is very fast paced, I learned a lot about my work ethic and what I'm physically and mentally capable of. Hardest part of the job is lifting constantly over 20 pounds, and the most enjoyable part about the job is listening to music all day and being independent.
Good life - Bad life
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 27, 2018
Brooks was a happy place for most of the days. The people were friendly but would take a shot at you if it helped them get ahead in the game. People from your own department would not support others. I had some great days there and put a lot of extra hours in the computer rooms and for the off hours work.

I think the structure of the company is good, But when it comes to making sure that the company has it's direction, the top leadership is good. The teamwork is also good. I am happy that i had a few years with this company.
Pros
Healthy, clean, powerful
Cons
watch your back
Great Place to Be!
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2018
This company truly cares not only about you but your well being and overall happiness. They go above and beyond to ensure that you get what you need to succeed as well as to grow in your career. It is the first place that encourages you to use your Vacation time and use your paid volunteer days in the community!
Was a good place
Order Processing Lead (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJuly 9, 2018
Brooks management in the warehouse started out very good and then them made some major changes and it ended up being the worst management team I have worked for in 45 years. The warehouse manager had no idea how to run a warehouse and hired his friends as supervisiors, it went down hill quickly. That is the reason it move to Indy.
Pros
Great discounts on the best running shoes you can buy
Cons
Management is terrible, so is HR
Love working at Brooks!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2018
Strong culture of people who are motivated by the company mission - to inspire people to run and be active! You don't have to be a marathoner to work at Brooks. The company is inclusive and focused on diversity and opportunity for growth within!
Just A Workplace
Warehouse Associate/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAMay 25, 2018
It's not all that fun and games. It's a place to work. I must say, it's too easy of a work. What I do is the returns for customers whether it's shoes or apparel. I determined if it's okay to go back to stock or if they're worn out that I put it either in donations or throw them away.
Best place I have worked
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Let’s face it, it’s a job! I’d rather be running or working out. But there is no other place I’d rather work. Most days are really fun. But like every job, some days bring challenges - some good and some tough. The people who work here are AMAZING. For the most part, people at Brooks are kind,driven and care about each other deeply. It truly has been the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Free on site gym, product discount, supportive work environment, profit sharing and an admirable brand - held by Berkshire Hathaway
Cons
Need to provide commuter benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 3, 2017
I really loved working there. It was very inviting and a fun place to work. Everyone was very nice and it's always moving so you're never just standing around. You're always working to improve.
Goal oriented for workday and the work week
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 30, 2017
Great Team to work with. Very competitive between all, but by end of week the actions by the team is what brings the success for the company. Complete satisfaction for all the hard work in completing our goals.
Pros
Great team members who all joined together to be successful
Always a lot of work to do, but a fun, collaborative atmosphere to work in
International Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2017
My work involved a lot of emailing with internal and external customers, video-conference calls with distributors, and numerous spreadsheets to communicate information. There was always ample work to be done. Benefits here were excellent - medical, dental, vision, 401(k), etc. There were often weekly runs led by different departments and special company events. Hard work was rewarded as there was opportunity. As a type "A" personality, the only thing I found difficult was having a good work-life balance. For many at the company, it seemed that work was their life and all-consuming. I found that to be true of myself. However, there were several who were able to find a good work-life balance that I envied. You can do it if you discipline yourself and set good boundaries. Overall, a rewarding, positive, fun place to work!
Pros
Consistent schedule, great benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
Too much work, all-consuming
Quirky, energetic Workplace
Retail Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 16, 2017
-Fun, youthful workplace full of a lot of social and active people
-Great employee discount on well-made products
-High attrition rate and hard to find opportunities for career growth
Great benefits and payed back
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 13, 2017
At work I worked over time when was needed. I enjoyed working with everyone and I loved my job. I am never not doing anything, and I always go for more to grow in my job.
Fun, exhausting, and great work life balance
Southern California & Hawaii Specialty Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Enjoyed my 6 years- Brooks takes care of their employees when they are working for them! Great benefits while on the job. Great product .
Pros
product, sales meetings, fun, active
Cons
management, corporate comunication
Easy going, steady work balance, job security
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 12, 2017
Family friendly cultural work environment, equipment training is available, optional overtime, management is helpful & friendly. Good place to gain experience.
teamwrok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 22, 2017
Great company to work for.
Job responsibilities are constantly changing so you are Always learning new things. The hardest part if the job is dealing with other shifts in the thirty minute cross over.
Wonderful Culture
Southern California Specialty Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 19, 2016
Wonderful culture and the best in the Running industry . Great to represent the # 1 brand on a daily basis in the specialty running community Getting people to run, walk and be active
Pros
running, engagement
Cons
traffic travel
Work hard, play hard.
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2016
Blossoming business with lots of growth potential globally. High standards and expectations with little reward. Lots of team spirit with lots of great co-workers, which makes it a fun place to work. Hardest part of the job is being under compensated. Most enjoyable part is being around co workers.
Pros
Culture and co workers.
Cons
compensations
Poor Management
Senior Footwear Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2016
Leadership is not consistent.
Lots of leadership turnover.
People quitting and leaving all the time.
Hard to achieve goals when new V.P.s have their own agendas.
A very fun and positive environment workplace.
Consumer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2016
A great team to work with. I've learned so many great skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such an awesome team.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the incoming emails that come in daily,
Pros
Lunch break time is awesome!
Great People, Fun Company
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2016
- Very energetic and passionate people in the office, makes work more fun!
- Great perks, between the product and ability to run at work. Very casual and comfortable office.
- Work/Life Balance is tough. A lot of weekend and evenings in the office.
- Not a "work hard and you will get rewarded" place - job advancement is not there. Career paths do not exist.
- A lot of turnover these days.
Pros
Perks and Benefits
Cons
Too many "re-organizational" chages and too often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooks Sports, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight