Brooks Sports, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was a good place
Order Processing Lead (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJuly 9, 2018
Brooks management in the warehouse started out very good and then them made some major changes and it ended up being the worst management team I have worked for in 45 years. The warehouse manager had no idea how to run a warehouse and hired his friends as supervisiors, it went down hill quickly. That is the reason it move to Indy.
Pros
Great discounts on the best running shoes you can buy
Cons
Management is terrible, so is HR
Love working at Brooks!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2018
Strong culture of people who are motivated by the company mission - to inspire people to run and be active! You don't have to be a marathoner to work at Brooks. The company is inclusive and focused on diversity and opportunity for growth within!
Just A Workplace
Warehouse Associate/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAMay 25, 2018
It's not all that fun and games. It's a place to work. I must say, it's too easy of a work. What I do is the returns for customers whether it's shoes or apparel. I determined if it's okay to go back to stock or if they're worn out that I put it either in donations or throw them away.
Best place I have worked
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Let’s face it, it’s a job! I’d rather be running or working out. But there is no other place I’d rather work. Most days are really fun. But like every job, some days bring challenges - some good and some tough. The people who work here are AMAZING. For the most part, people at Brooks are kind,driven and care about each other deeply. It truly has been the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Free on site gym, product discount, supportive work environment, profit sharing and an admirable brand - held by Berkshire Hathaway
Cons
Need to provide commuter benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 3, 2017
I really loved working there. It was very inviting and a fun place to work. Everyone was very nice and it's always moving so you're never just standing around. You're always working to improve.
Goal oriented for workday and the work week
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 30, 2017
Great Team to work with. Very competitive between all, but by end of week the actions by the team is what brings the success for the company. Complete satisfaction for all the hard work in completing our goals.
Pros
Great team members who all joined together to be successful
Always a lot of work to do, but a fun, collaborative atmosphere to work in
International Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2017
My work involved a lot of emailing with internal and external customers, video-conference calls with distributors, and numerous spreadsheets to communicate information. There was always ample work to be done. Benefits here were excellent - medical, dental, vision, 401(k), etc. There were often weekly runs led by different departments and special company events. Hard work was rewarded as there was opportunity. As a type "A" personality, the only thing I found difficult was having a good work-life balance. For many at the company, it seemed that work was their life and all-consuming. I found that to be true of myself. However, there were several who were able to find a good work-life balance that I envied. You can do it if you discipline yourself and set good boundaries. Overall, a rewarding, positive, fun place to work!
Pros
Consistent schedule, great benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
Too much work, all-consuming
Quirky, energetic Workplace
Retail Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 16, 2017
-Fun, youthful workplace full of a lot of social and active people
-Great employee discount on well-made products
-High attrition rate and hard to find opportunities for career growth
Great benefits and payed back
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 13, 2017
At work I worked over time when was needed. I enjoyed working with everyone and I loved my job. I am never not doing anything, and I always go for more to grow in my job.
Fun, exhausting, and great work life balance
Southern California & Hawaii Specialty Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Enjoyed my 6 years- Brooks takes care of their employees when they are working for them! Great benefits while on the job. Great product .
Pros
product, sales meetings, fun, active
Cons
management, corporate comunication
Easy going, steady work balance, job security
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 12, 2017
Family friendly cultural work environment, equipment training is available, optional overtime, management is helpful & friendly. Good place to gain experience.
teamwrok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 22, 2017
Great company to work for.
Job responsibilities are constantly changing so you are Always learning new things. The hardest part if the job is dealing with other shifts in the thirty minute cross over.
Wonderful Culture
Southern California Specialty Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 19, 2016
Wonderful culture and the best in the Running industry . Great to represent the # 1 brand on a daily basis in the specialty running community Getting people to run, walk and be active
Pros
running, engagement
Cons
traffic travel
Work hard, play hard.
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2016
Blossoming business with lots of growth potential globally. High standards and expectations with little reward. Lots of team spirit with lots of great co-workers, which makes it a fun place to work. Hardest part of the job is being under compensated. Most enjoyable part is being around co workers.
Pros
Culture and co workers.
Cons
compensations
Poor Management
Senior Footwear Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2016
Leadership is not consistent.
Lots of leadership turnover.
People quitting and leaving all the time.
Hard to achieve goals when new V.P.s have their own agendas.
A very fun and positive environment workplace.
Consumer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2016
A great team to work with. I've learned so many great skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such an awesome team.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the incoming emails that come in daily,
Pros
Lunch break time is awesome!
Great People, Fun Company
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2016
- Very energetic and passionate people in the office, makes work more fun!
- Great perks, between the product and ability to run at work. Very casual and comfortable office.
- Work/Life Balance is tough. A lot of weekend and evenings in the office.
- Not a "work hard and you will get rewarded" place - job advancement is not there. Career paths do not exist.
- A lot of turnover these days.
Pros
Perks and Benefits
Cons
Too many "re-organizational" chages and too often
Great place to grow your career
Marketing Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2015
Really, really nice people! Great products. Great benefits. Brooks is a good place to build your career or have a good job that allows you to maintain a good work-life balance. They promote from within on a fairly-good cadence. Most leaders have been promoted into higher level roles. I LOVED my team. I have never worked with a nicer, smarter, more motivated team!
Used to be great
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2015
The problem with Brooks doesn't lie in the idea of the company. Run Happy is a tag line they perhaps used to live, and pretend to live to the outside and even to themselves quite a bit, but not so much anymore.

The upper management cares too much about becoming a challenger brand, and in that has lost all sight of who their company is. Everyone second guesses everybody, no one feels very respected, and every group is very isolated from one another so you don't really have any idea what's going on. Even within the marketing department you could work in Social but have no idea what creative is doing and vice versa.

It could be uphill again at some point, but right now there's a big exodus of unappreciated feeling people who are talented and looking for something that treats them that way.
Pros
Hot lunches cooked every day, running daily is encouraged
Cons
healthcare, benefits, lack of general happiness, too many meetings
productive and fun place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 19, 2015
fun place to work, supportive management.
cross trained in job duties, backed other coworker up when needed.
Communicated with all department's when needed to resolve issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brooks Sports, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight