Brookshire Senior Living Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Unfair and bullies
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Some of the nurses are bullies to both CNAs and patients. The patient to staff ratio is too high therefore the patients don’t get the care that they deserve. The supervisors don’t care that the nursing staff is overworked and makes no attempt to improve the working conditions.
games,puzzels,music,piano,
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 7, 2017
working with good clients and a enjoying atmosphere.luch break;activity,puzzels,games,reading,chruch at work,clean work place,coworker are pleasant to work with,easy parking available
No recommend
Server (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 28, 2017
Highly not recommended , poor management. No real hours. A lot of work for minimum wage. Unprofessional behavior by some employees. Unfair treatment, hard workers are never noticed.
I love everything about this facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCOctober 14, 2017
The pay is great you're paid shift deffrential as well as weekend the management treats you like family.Their are benefits 401k health dental vision the business office is great the residents are great I just love it!!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Some of the nurses are lazy
stressful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCSeptember 14, 2017
This place has horrible benefits for their employees. Its a very stressful place to work. They micromanage everything. A lot of pettiness. Always short staffed. I wouldn't refer anyone unless it's for PRN.
Family owned/operated
Therapy/Rehabilitation Director (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJuly 18, 2017
Brookshire Senior Living is a locally owned and operated facility by the same family for the last quarter century. I have personally worked at Brookshire for a total of 16 years as the Therapy/Rehabilitation Director.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job is collaborating with the clinical team (ie. MD, NP, RN, CNA, PT, OT, ST, etc) with a central focus on patient care and outcomes. The management team has always focused on quality of care which translates into our high star rating through CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and patient outcome measures.
Brookshire has provided a positive workplace culture which has allowed me to develop a department with high quality and dedicated therapy staff. Our therapy department is unique in the industry due to the fact that all of the therapy staff are Brookshire employees and not outsourced by a separate therapy company.
The typical day at Brookshire can be very high paced due to the fact that we provide care to a wide range of seniors. However, this also makes the job very rewarding.
Pros
Family owned and operated
Brookshire
CNA (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJuly 15, 2015
A very good work place with nice and friendly environment for residents and employees. It has a very good rehab department a long with a excellent long term stay as well
You have to have a positive and good heart for this type of job!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCMarch 5, 2015
I am a CNA and it's a hard job and I have to work very fast. Now I love the patient's but it's the demanding requirements that the company wants me to do and I don't feel appreciated but I will say the most enjoyable part of the job here is when it's time to get off.
Pros
Direct Deposit's
Cons
Healthcare insurance & professionalism
very diverse environment, care about their patients and their overall well being
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 7, 2014
Monitor vital signs, such as blood pressure and pulse.
Respond appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients.
Assist patients with bathing, oral hygiene, grooming, feeding and elimination.
Assist with patient transfer and ambulation.
Answered patient calls for care and feeding.
Assisted nurses with wound care for pressure ulcers, bed sores, and surgical site wounds.
Report any unusual circumstances in the patients' condition or environment.
Very productive and fun work environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCNovember 20, 2013
A very good place to work if you care about taking care of the elder. I learned how to prepare meals and special diets for the residents. Cleaned and sanitized the work area as well. The co-workers where kind and very concerned about the well being of the residents. The hardest part was preparing the food on time and being precise. The enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the residents on a personal level.
Pros
Learning to prepare special diets.
Cons
Healthcare
Loved working and helping my assigned patients because its the little things you can do for them that make a big difference in their lives.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCJune 17, 2012
Assisted my patients with any activities of daily living that they could not perform on their own. This consisted of dressing, bathing and helping with their mobility from place to place. I helped serve dinner and take orders as well as feeding patients who had trouble feeding themselves. I also took time to talk to patients about their thoughts, memories and concerns so they felt more comfortable in the facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookshire Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Brookshire Senior Living Reviews by Location