Brother International Corp. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Job Ruined My Life as I knew It
Undisclosed. (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 3, 2018
I really enjoyed the Japanese culture and ethics. That’s where it ended. The veteran employees are not interested in change, progress or improvements. It it’s not broke don’t fix it is the motto. The amount of bullying that goes on is unbelievable. Psychological warfare at its best. They will ride you until you crack!
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Travel
Cons
Management, Bullying, Unfair Practices
Great Customer Service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
Company is a great place to build your customer service skills and build your administrative skills. Also, building the interpersonal skills that are great entry level skills
Good place to get experience on your resume and move forward
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 2, 2018
Flat no room for promotion. Poor communication. Nice people and learned a lot. Great for resume. Good days off and compensation is adequate. Good for entry level. They seem to be pushing that lately.
Pros
Nice people. Good benefits.
Cons
Poor management and communication. No clarity or feedback.
nnn
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 2, 2018
good company lots of loose paperwork.. nothing scanned into computer had to be scanned by another department. couldn't always find paperwork when needed.
Average company to work for
Web Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 28, 2018
Friendly employees. Good work/life balance. Work on various projects. I would say more if I wasn't currently working for them. Career growth available if you are in marketing, finance, and sales; not so in other departments.
Pros
Good benefits - bonus, paid vacation, company picnic, holiday party
Cons
Mediocre management
Company with good culture.
Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 25, 2018
Nice people. Good history and culture. Lots of changes happening. Great products. Stuck in old way of working and doing business, but working on improving and making changes.
Pros
Company Culture
Fast pace environment
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 21, 2018
Management is poor. Benefits are great. Brother's is a real fast pace working environment. The job is real easy it s just the people that makes it complicated.
Pros
short lunchbreak
Cons
short breaks
workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 18, 2018
Brothers is a fast paced environment. That Requires a speedy defective free product in a timely manner. Everyday we have to produce a daily production.
Pros
Paid lunch time, good work hours
Cons
Short breaks, horrible insurance
Began at Brother over 25 years ago so I can't judge the activity now because of the changes.
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 31, 2018
Was a relaxed culture. You knew your assignment.
Management taught me beyond measure. it is because of them I am able to do multiple positions. I now have IT experience, Management experience. Everyone respects each other. Hardest part was long hours when peak time came around but you still enjoyed your job.
The people.
Pros
Learned more than I ever have because of good management
Cons
No cons
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 26, 2018
Brother is a great place to work. They care about their employees as well as the environment. Every decision is determined by how will it affect the customer, our employees and the environment.
Very Respectful
Product Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Brother is dedicated to the community and their employees. If more companies took this approach the world would be a better place. Upper management respects employees and empowers each individual to make business decisions.
No company for old men
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 16, 2018
Brother systematically pushes its older and higher paid employees out. Senior Management is mean spirited. Micro managing is expected. Don’t even think about being creative.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Challenging Environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 14, 2018
Challenging environment with strong emphasis on "performance". Many good people work there; many longer-term employees have left voluntarily or taken out as the company transforms.
Fun Relaxed Work Environment
Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 3, 2018
A typical day involves scanning, digitizing, and organizing documents into online system. Learned how to scan and input document info Document Management Software.
Infighting and lack of vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJanuary 17, 2018
The company prides itself on it's customer service scores and quality of the product. However, internally, it's all about driving down costs, off-shoring jobs to the cheapest bidder, and keeping teams fighting against each other for the occasional approval of the leadership.
exciting
Director, Channel Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 9, 2017
Multiple product lines, great quality, strong marketing support from Japan. Different channels of distribution made every day interesting. Customer interaction was amazing.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
company turmoil
Enjoyable part time work.
Clerk (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 27, 2017
Fast paced, fun working environment. Data Entry, flexible hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was continuous work. Also entering time for employees.
Good company, Poor management
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNNovember 14, 2017
Hard to advance if Management has a cut-throat mindset. I came in doing my job, got good reviews from peers but my Supervisor didnt think so. Would throw me under the bus in a heartbeat. Luckily, that i'snt the only skill set I possess, so it didnt bother me when I was terminated for no reason.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overall a great company to work for
Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 14, 2017
This company has great team members and an incredible potential. It is a great source of learning world-class business practices and habits.

High job satisfaction leads to little movement and limited growth potential. It does, however, rate high on job security.

There are some amazing Managers in this company who take a coaching approach to elevating the next generation of leaders. It is a great team environment with a high interaction between Sales and Marketing teams.
Productive and Comfortable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ 08807November 8, 2017
Team work makes the dream work! My colleagues all worked together as well as in their individual roles to finalize and accomplish the task at hand. They did not hesitate to lend out a helping hand, and/or point you in the right direction of where you needed to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brother International Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight