Brothers Of Mercy Employee Reviews

RN's have a lot of responsibility
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYJanuary 4, 2019
I was charge nurse on 3-11 shift, there were 36 patients on my floor, I had 18 on my assignment, the LPN had the other 18, the other LPN answered the phone all night. Difficult to take a break. Not a safe ratio.
Pros
Cafeteria rocked.
Cons
Unsafe nurse patient ratio, low pay rate
Biased Environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYAugust 22, 2018
This is an outdated facility physically. Staff members have outdated mentalities when it comes to culuralization. Alot of staff members are biased about staff that lives in the inner city. Overall care of patients which is more important is great overall. The work environment is not so great.
empolyee oriented
OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYDecember 23, 2018
Employee oriented and friendly. Good security, clean and most employees enjoy their work. 5 star rating. Onsite cafeteria provides nice meal options. Included in all facility events as a contracted worker.
Very high functioning place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 1, 2018
Very stressful place to work. There are not a lot of helpful co workers, Nice pay structure. Not flexible in schedule. If you do not complete year with them, they make you pay
Not a bad place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYJuly 2, 2018
I like working at the brothers of mercy. They have some very nice employees working there. It doesn't smell like your average nursing home, it smells better!
Pros
You can get a meal pass if you pick up a shift.
Cons
Night shift doesnt get recognized for all the hard work that is done throughout the night.
Amazing people, terrible management
Busser (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYJuly 14, 2018
During my time working here I met many amazing people and created lasting friendships. But after work we were made to clock out but continue cleaning.
Pros
Free Dinner after shift
Cons
Unpaid labor
Didn't enjoy my experience AT ALL!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 7, 2018
I had actually received my CNA certification there. I loved the class. It was very helpful and the instructor made everything so easy for us to learn. Everyone in my class passed and was able to be certified. What I didn't like about my experience there was their strict rules. If you did receive your certification from them they basically made you stay and work for them. If you decided not to you were given a bill in the mail saying you owe them for your training which they tell you when you sign up is completely free and also paid. As far as their attendance policy, I feel is very unfair they expect you to miss no days which is understandable but, things do come up and you can't control that but they still hold you accountable for it and you are responsible even if you call the day before or 5 hrs before you are scheduled to come in. I also want to comment on how some of the staff there is very disrespectful to new workers that come there and they feel like they are entitled just because they have been there longer or are in a higher rank than you are which i feel is very wrong. This company needs some revision in their policies and staff.
Overall experience was nice, had the opportunity to help people and make their last days their best.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYMarch 11, 2018
A typical day at Brothers of Mercy was very challenging depending on which assignment you had for that day. It can be very challenging but I adapt to my surroundings and go with the flow. I had to assist residents and patients with daily activities and complete administrative tasks, such as answering phone, taking and recording vitals, as well as observing and monitoring behaviors.
Pros
Being able to meet new people and provide them with the quality of care that they deserve.
Cons
Working short staffed
The brothers has no mercy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYJanuary 26, 2018
They provide great care for patients. Treat their employees terribly. Employees are very unfriendly. I had 3 deaths in my family while I was employed there. The scheduling lady asked me how many deaths are you going to have. Which was very rude of her!
Pros
They provide CNA training
Cons
Workers aren’t friendly
Would be a good place with better management
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYMarch 4, 2018
Started out as a good place to work with flexible hours, however management changes led to being disrespected and not treated fairly. Short staffing made it difficult to keep up with the amount of work.
unprofessional management
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 14, 2017
Work here if you desire:
Aides who dont do their job, criticism when you report it, management who are quick to put people on roxanol/ativan, management who castrate you over a missed initial in the mar or tar and then talk about you to other staff, computerless mars and tars (stone age), and employees who are miserable and unhappy. I left this place when I started to see all this. They are a 5 star facility because they dont admit people with large existing wounds or major heath issues, not because of the care they provide.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything else
fun place to work
Tray line helper (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYDecember 27, 2017
start the day by filling up the dish machine. then unlock all the refrigerator and freezer. then would start setting up for breakfast, lunch and dinner services . good management
Pros
good management
Cons
lots of lifting
Former LPN
Fake coworkers (Former Employee) –  NursingOctober 14, 2017
I worked at Brothers for 2 1/2 years. Great benefits, great pay, excellent nurse manager, but the rest of the staff are back stabbers. You can’t trust anybody - they will get you in trouble in a heartbeat anytime they can. The long time employees just don’t take well to new people.
Pros
The benefits, and staff punctuality
Cons
Fake coworkers
Love the pay and career advancement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarencre, NyDecember 7, 2017
Career advancement is amazing here. Pay is pretty good as well. But management and some people you work with are very cut throat and manipulative. I guess that's any nursing home.
People that live there are awesome
Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 9, 2017
I is an easy job to do but there are not really good benefits. Working conditions are great.Everyone is very nice and friendly. Fast pace. Employers are very nice and easy to talk to.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Health benefits
Good for high school kids.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYDecember 20, 2017
Good job for high school aged kids. Not too hard but difficult working conditions since its all teenagers. Wouldn't go back no matter how desperate I was.
was a great facility to work for.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYFebruary 16, 2017
I started off in the Dietary department and worked my way up to a CNA. lots of room for advancement.. I bathed, toileted, dressed, feed, spent one on one time, did daily reports, etc.. The hardest part was getting attached to residents and watching them pass. It was extremely gratifying getting to know a resident and what they did through out life.
Pros
room for advancement, great benefits
Cons
combatible residents
Good Family Atmosphere and Rewarding job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYDecember 26, 2016
I like working here, the pace is good and the training is adequate. I like that they are not focused 100% on finances, like some other places. the quality of care is really good and they thank us and reward us more than other places that I have worked.
Pros
Good pay for a nursing home, close to home
Cons
could be stressful and demanding with the families
eye opening look at real life,rewarding to be there to someone in their time of life
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYJuly 21, 2015
Unfortunately i did not get a chance to experience the whole job,however at this very moment i am working on going back.
IThrough the past 8yrs i have worked with seniors on different levels from Assisted Living to daycare and in their home as well,what i found was i want to go back to Brothers Of Mercy i hope the will except me
Pros
Chance to be part of a great place
Cons
experienced none
Very nice workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYApril 29, 2015
Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells. Turn or reposition bedridden patients.
Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, and standing, walking, or exercising.
Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary.
Staying busy from the time you come amd to the time you leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brothers Of Mercy. Our community is ready to answer.

Brothers Of Mercy Reviews by Location