Brotman Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice Place to Work
PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Have worked here for many years. This is where i acquired my most significant healthcare experience. My manager is very easy going and knowledgeable.
learning
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 20, 2018
I learned a lot of patience at this job and a little manager skills taught me productivity and how to extra clean and neat also sanitization the best thing I loved about this job was the management
Okay place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 1, 2018
It's an okay place to work at just go do your job mind your business and you'll be okay. The hardest part of the job is that they give you 10-12 patients on a daily and expect you to have them all done by a certain time.The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in the patients lives. Seeing a smile on their face because their happy
Understaffed, Underpaid, Over Worked, and Super Strict about Punctuality
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 22, 2017
Understaffed, Underpaid, Over Worked, and Super Strict about Punctuality.

The workplace culture is very strict about punctuality and will suspend employees for being late.

There is a lot of turnover and registry personnel; it's not their fault they weren't properly trained. The nurses are really nice compared to other facilities.

It's very "tight-knit" and the quality of training will depend on whether or not they like you.

The hardest part of the job is not having the tools you need to do your job. For example, the pharmacy runs out of meds routinely, there isn't a tubing system, and nurses will have to go pick up missing doses. There also aren't enough computers and there's always a problem with getting computer access and nurses not having access to Accudose to pull patient meds.

There is a union, so if your coworker is incompetent, but always clocks in and out perfectly, and has been there for at least 5 years, they can just surf the internet and get promoted before you do, even if you're the one doing all the work.

Parking is a nightmare. Especially during the day or afternoon. The designated employee parking lots are several blocks away and the employee shuttle never runs on schedule if its running at all.

Security is usually too busy in the ER or the Psych Unit to assist you or escort you to/from your vehicle in the middle of the night.

The best part of the job is helping underserved patients and the vending machines have lots of caffeinated beverages. There's also a Starbucks about 1 1/2 blocks away.
Pros
HR and Employee Health are very nice, competent, and efficient
Cons
No parking, underpaid, overworked, short-staffed, turnover with registry, strict about clocking in and out but there was only one time clock I was supposed to use.
Bleh.
Social Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 11, 2017
Bleh. Terrible management. Bad culture; everyone there hates it. The hospital has a bad reputation and is poorly run. No one likes working there. Nobody.
Great
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 16, 2017
fast pased great food options around the are hard work and dedication is required theres never a dull moment you have to always be prepaired for everything
Brotman Medical Center
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 30, 2017
Lots of great employees. Under paid and over worked. Management was always stressed and on edge. One thing I can tell is that management always had their employee's backs.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Union employees
The job was very productive and positiveworkplace.
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 14, 2017
A typical work day consisted of applying prescribed treatments to patience two to three times daily. Workplace was very positive with patients as well as employees. Management supported the employee by looking to enhance their education, through workshops, and department meeting. Hardest part of was saying goodbye to patients who have recovered and left the hospital in better health. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive interaction with the doctors, nurses, maintenance and the patients.
Pros
Clean, work schedule, pay, advancement
Cons
nothing
Good company
ACU Outpatient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 30, 2017
I really learned a lot and grew at the time I spent there. Diverse group of people and opportunities to advance. Lots of traffic in the area not bad if you live close.
Pros
union
Cons
lots of traffic
The job looks easy, but challenging.
Clinical Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CA 90231July 2, 2017
On average , I may have at least 15 phone calls a day, various kinds of calls. A new physician may request to schedule a EMR training session, a new nurse may ask some questions like, how to enter telephone order for a 'CT scan with out contrast' or a unit secretary may want to print the daily census, but her computer is not showing up the printer. I don't know the next question in line, but what I know is I will try my best to solve the problem or I will transfer the phone to the appropriate department. In this job, what I learn is, even if I don't have the answer for their questions, It is ok to say, I don't have the answer now, but I will get the information ASAP.
In a typical day, I have to call or e-mail IT at least 3-5 times, I have to call or walk to the Medical Record department 4-6 times and, call Medical staffing, and Nurse staffing as needed.
The hardest part of my job is, when there is unscheduled down time, and every one is calling for everything at the same time.
What i like in this job is, I always learn some thing new from IT, MD, nurses or case managers... The job itself makes you, to think critically and to be a problem solver. In Clinical informatics department, we have a very co-operative team, where every one is responsible, and understand each other.
Pros
Very good team.
Cons
short staff
Coworkers are a FAMILY
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 24, 2017
A typical day, no such thing. Life in the ER is unpredictable, but fun. It has taught me to have a tough skin and to be a team player. Management was fun and fair, Administration on the other hand are there for just one thing. There are all races and walks of life employed here. The hardest part of my job on the daily was definitely learning to not take your job and emotions home with you. I enjoy working in the ER, from the staff to the patient flow it is ALWAYS an adventure.
Flexible Work Schedule
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The work schedule at brotman is very flexible such that it fits perfectly into my daily life. Great colleagues. i have been able to grow in my career.
Productive and friendly place to work
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Very productive and everyone is very nice there. A lot of opportunity and management is very supportive. I really enjoyed working for Brotman.
Bad reputation
Behavioral and Detoxification Nurse (Former Employee) –  culver cityAugust 24, 2016
hopital has very bad reputation with the community, salaries are not competittive and management is not knwodegable to make it trun around. Benefits are not the most desirable for the staff.
Pros
big
Cons
bad reputation in the community
great places because people looked out for one another
Unit Secretary/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2015
data entry of DR orders,make sure all labs were on pt charts,keep up with pt broad, make sure i discharg pt out of computer when they leave and admit new one as they come, give out septra link phones to nurses and get them back at end of shift. i learned to be very patient here due to the over turn of many managers,
Pros
I got a chance to float to different floors to get a different enviromemt.
Cons
going thur so mant manager
Business office is stressful
Collections (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 2, 2014
Not a good place to work in the business office. if you're not there friend in the collection department they give you a hard time.
Lead Echo / Vascular Sonographer
Echo/Vascular R.V.T. Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Culver city, CASeptember 9, 2014
I am the first echo vascular technician to arrive every morning to the hospital, I organize and delegate all the studies for the other technicians and make the schedule. On a typical day I perform 8-10 studies, some stress tests and EKGs depending on the doctor’s orders.

I have learned to manage my department and coordinate with the other technicians and doctors. I have over 7 years’ experience and I am the senior technician in the department. I have learned how to optimize my time and my department.

I work well with all my coworkers and assist them with and issues or complications they might have and train students from various ultrasound colleges.

The thing I enjoy most is the satisfaction of knowing I made a difference in a patient’s life.
Pros
Job Security, Good Schedule, Good Coworkers
Busy community hospital
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 5, 2014
This was my first opportunity to learn case managment. I had a lot of support from my director, who was short-lived on staff. There were several fill-in managers from then on.

The nurses I worked with were experienced and very nice. This is also where I learned McKesson Interqual software whch has been useful in many subsequent case manager positions.

This was a closely knit hospital with opportunites for improvement in many areas.
Pros
Experienced staff, managerial support, education in new discipline.
Cons
Few non-working lunch breaks!
Nice people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 3, 2014
The People are nice and the pay was ok. Work was productive. The location was a liitle far for me at the time. But in a typical day we were busy and it was fun.
Pros
Productive and noce people Pay ok
Cons
Distance was far for me at the time.
Great Place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 5, 2014
Loved my job there and the 'family' type atmosphere it brings and attention to compassion and dedication to it's patients