Broward Children's Center Employee Reviews

I work with severely handicapped and autistic children, and i love doing so.
Respite Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 15, 2018
I'm still employed there, but they can use a significant amount of change in management and pay!!! Vacation pay and more appreciation for the employees would be great as well.
Pros
continuous work
Cons
Not enough team effort
Stressful, fun working with the kids
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2018
I absolutely loved working here only because i loved working with children. But some of the people i worked with were horrible. They made me hate the job. I really would love to go back if most of the staff was gone and they hired new people. Other than that i have no other complaints
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
immature coworkers, a lot of gossip
Per Diem
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 18, 2017
It was a good job only wasn't making enough barely made 20 a week and when I did work the job was good great people and love the children they always gave me a reason to try harder
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hours
Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 2, 2017
Very Family oriented, understanding and caring management.
Decent pay, easy work. Friendly staff. :)
Helpful team players! No matter which department they all work together! Best job I've ever had!
Rewarding work, not the best environment.
Pompano Beach - Teaching Aide (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 26, 2017
The work you will do is rewarding, but it's not the best environment. It's a non-profit and is funded by 3 different agencies who each have their own policies and it's difficult to follow one without disregarding another one. The policies aren't always putting the children's best interest or safety first.
Low compensation
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2017
The service provided and the monetary compensation is not equally balanced. As an employee, you are the caretaker of mentally/physically challenged children who require nonstop care. Compensation is not enough for the work you do.
Horrible place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 11, 2017
I worked at this place for a total of 2 weeks because I couldn't bear anymore. The place is basically a factory for unfortunate kids that have multiple catastrophic anomolies. For the kids that can talk, they are treated with a small amount of respect for fear of reprisal but for the ones that have no way of communicating the kids are roughed up by the CNA staff, especially at night. The management here is a joke, they change as often as the months allow because the culture embedded in this place...the state really needs to shut this place down...the turnover is constant...I have nothing positive to say about this horrific place.
Pros
Cons
I can't give it negative stars
Have a heart
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Having a heart towards children in need is what kept me going for this job. The pay and advancement isn't the best. Mild petty drama but I learned to ignore it.
I enjoy the work environment
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 10, 2015
Although this is a per diem position it allows me to be employed year round. I have assisted with different cases which allowed me to gain skills working with different disabilities. I have fun with my clients and also make them feel comfortable.
Pros
Stregthening Relationships have helped me in this field
Cons
easy to become attached
The home health department is a great working environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pompano BeachSeptember 3, 2015
Great job for a new nurse. The home heath department will find you placement with a child that requires 12 hours nursing.This is a great opportunity to learn additional skills and build your confidence. The most enjoyable aspect is that you create a strong bond with your patients and their family.
Pros
One patient
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 21, 2014
Although I enjoy this position, I am looking for a position that will let me utilize my skills working with children that have autism.
Pros
Amazing Students
Cons
work hours are late
It is always a pleasure to work in respiratory field at Broward Children's Center..
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  200 S.E. 19th Ave Pompano Beach, FL 33060iSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy working in the health care field because I learn how to prioritize my tasks. I always have a good relationship with co-workers because we only have one goal to save live.The hardest part is when many patients need help at the sometimes you have to make the best decision.The most enjoyable part is when a patient is in distress you help him or her to feel better.
Productive and excellent work enviroment
Clinical Rotation Practicum III (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2013
I came across and worked with a diligent team of registered therapists that delivered exceptional care to their patients, well content with the management and work enviroment
Works in home health> always productive
LPN/RN (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 11, 2013
Typical day at work is working on your own with your client. Must know how to handle any type of emergency that may arise because you are by your self>
Rewarding job!
LPN Clinical Nurse (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 13, 2012
A typical day in the work place includes administering medications and treatments to medically needy students. Time management is essential as I am the only nurse in a school with 45-50 students with special needs. I also supervise CNA's that work in the classroom alongside ESE teachers as teachers assistants. The best part of my job is being apart of the students daily progress.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
no holiday, sick pay.
Fun and rewarding working with special children
LPN Clinical Nurse (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 9, 2012
My days entailed administering direct nursing care to medically fragile children in a preschool setting. I also train and supervise CNS's that work in the classrooms as assistants to the teachers. I assisted with intakes along with social workers and ESE teachers to determine the needs of new students. I maintain documentation and medical files daily. I also act as an advocate for all students attending.
Cons
no sick or holiday time. cannot leave facility for lunch.