Broward College Employee Reviews

Very busy work environment
Senior Admissions Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2018
Good company to work for. Management needed more training. Work needed to be fairly distributed and workers needed to be accountable for their share of the work.
Pros
healthcare and benefits; Educational training and development
Cons
Poor managment
Campus atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 16, 2018
I had a unpaid position in a department at the school, it was an interesting learning experience. Staff in other departments were friendly and kind for most part.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Student Government Liaison (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 15, 2018
It was the best experience I have ever had. They are willing to teach you and help you with whatever you need.They have a nice philosophy of work called Fish Philosophy which is great for the work environment and they also use some of the Disney leadership skills.
One of the better library systems in the US
Adult Reference Librarian I (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 11, 2018
Nice people to work with. Solid library system with branches located all over Broward County. Opportunity to be creative in both youth services and adult services. Very important.
The pay is terrible
Biology Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Davie, FL 33314May 10, 2018
Don't work at broward college if you can help it. The pay is terrible and they treat their employees terribly. I'm only bothering with this review bec
Good Place to Work
Analyst, Sr. Buyer/Sr. Procurement Specialist; (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2018
Great Co-Workers and Support Staff; Interaction with all levels of employees, relating to purchases of equipment, supplies, and services was always achievable.
Pros
Trips to Procurement Conferences, in-State, or out-of-state was paid by the College.
Cons
Not allowed to take summer vacations from June - August, occasionally
Broward College as a hold was a great place to work.
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 8, 2018
I believe Broward College is a great place to work but there were a lot of pay cuts and people who has been loyal to the company was cut because of budget cuts.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Not enough pay for workload
Great experience
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2018
Great working with the students, felt like I was appreciated. Teachers were fun to work with, and because I also worked in the field I was current on latest office procedures
A day at work
Adjuct Professor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 3, 2018
As an adjunct professor, we come about 30 min before the class begun, and just teach! Educate!
The community is fantastic, there is great collaboration and good friendship among the instructors, and the students are usually very receptive and well prepared.
N/a
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 2, 2018
it was a good experience i have ever had since i was in school. it helped me understand myself, and helped me discover what type of skills i have. it was a temporary job.

Want to know more about Broward College?

Ask a question
Productive and fun
Part-time student worker at Weston (Former Employee) –  Weston Campus, FLApril 19, 2018
I worked part-time because as a student worker you were not given full-time and the salary was also low but you worked with a great staff of professors as well as other students. We all pulled together to assist our students and the professors to make everyone's experience a pleasant one as well as encouraging students to continue to reach for their goals.
Pros
Very energetic and positive environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Productive and Rewarding Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLApril 19, 2018
A day at Speedway would be handling customer service, routine check station areas. Maintain clean and stock items for our guest. We believe an team work everyone is responsible for the job of Speedway. The outcome is making sure every shift is effective and satisfying for our guest.
Pros
Employees and Management earn extra BONUS pay
Cons
No Negativity
Slow paced
Honors College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 10, 2018
I worked in an office in a very secluded area on campus so I was rarely bothered which was great but at times it was boring. But overall I loved my supervisor and the staff. I was also a student there so I was able to be more hands on.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Not much to do
No productive
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 28, 2018
A typical day just to make sure all this are rolling. Very boring at times. Nothing. Management is more like bullying. Workplace culture is more basis and selfish. The hardest part is to work with people like those. The most enjoyable part is leaving this job.
Pros
Talking to the people you meet
Cons
no raise
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  building 9March 12, 2018
Good environment to work in. Pleasant co-workers. Enjoyed the active day to day tasks by assisting students and faculty. Beautiful Broward College campus.
Awful, students & teachers treated like second-class citizens- terrible wages & no chance for advancement.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 24, 2018
If administration /managrment stopped writing fake reviews and actually did their jobs, maybe the school would run properly. BC is ripping off its students & teachers. Adjunct profs like myself can't even come close to breaking $20,000 a year, students come in w/poor reading & writing skills & lack critical thinking. BC creates a culture of failure for both students & teachers. I wouldn't work there or send my kids to such a sub-par college; all they care about is enriching themselves at the expense of students & teachers. They should be ashamed & they will be EXPOSED.
Dedicate a year, do a great job, disappear
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLFebruary 21, 2018
This is my second stint as a Broward College adjunct. The first time I had a baby, took two days off to give birth via c-section, and the dean suddenly developed a problem with the scoring system I'd been using for 2 years prior, disinviting me back for future classes.

I was rehired a few years later when the dean changed. I worked for a year and received nothing but excellent reviews and a number of repeat students. Suddenly, I wasn't given courses. They claimed it was because of low enrollment, but there were new teachers being hired. Numerous e-mails resulted in nothing but, "Submit for next term." Three terms passed and e-mails were not answered or, if they were, it was after classes were given out.

Dedication and excellence is not rewarded. Not only is it not rewarded - it's not respected. You're disposable. They don't even bother to take five seconds to let you know you're fired.
Pros
The students are wonderful
Cons
No respect. No benefits. No communication.
great place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLFebruary 19, 2018
nice and friendly staff, interview was easy and managers are like family in a way! Going to work makes you feel like going to see family. also, great pay and room for advancements
Pros
hour breaks
Fun Workplace
Account clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I feel like at home working at Broward College Bookstore. Not too much stress. Everyone is entitled to be treated equally. Respect was very a key element in the workplace.
Pros
stress-free, employee's discount on every single item
Cons
Salary could have been better
Programming Board
Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 15, 2018
The work environment is very nice, everyone there is nice to you and offer help all the time. I have improved my working and social skills. Everyone is very understanding. There is no hard part of the job. By being part-time employee and full-time student they are very understanding of your schedule.