Broward College Employee Reviews

Unable to become full time
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 3, 2018
The time it takes in order to become a full time professor at Broward College was very long, and still wasn't guaranteed. It was also very much a "who you know" place to work versus a "what you know".
Temporary
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 16, 2018
It's fine as a side hustle that can lead to other side hustles. You won't make enough to pay for school and live on your own. Part-time is an understatement.
Amazing place to work
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 10, 2018
Worked there since I was 18. Best years of my life.
I started with a scholarship position and quickly advanced. They are always open to try new things and work with school schedules
Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 3, 2018
Performed general office suppost in multiple work areas within campus. Greeted and directed incoming students, faculty and visitors on a day to day basis.
fast paced family environment
Payroll Specialist/A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 7, 2018
excellent work environment it was like a big family had a great time loved the work i did the system was very user friendly and it was a fast paced environment with strict deadlines loved it
You must actively stay on top of communication with supervisors to stay employed
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 5, 2018
As a part-time employee who has been seeking and has applied for full-time employments over the last 12 years, not once was I accepted for full-time employment even though my qualifications and experience far surpass that of the individuals who were selected for the positions. Once, I was even told that I was not selected because I did not meet the equal opportunity ethnicity requirement.
Previous Employee
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Broward College is a great place to work. Most of the managers are a pleasure to have as leaders.
I was treated with respect and care by this compnay.
Good place to adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 22, 2018
I was an adjunct professor there for about a year. Even though my commute was far, it was worth it. I enjoyed the students, the faculty, and staff. It helped develop and grow as a professor.
Pros
Good starting ground for young adjuncts
Cons
distance
productive and fun place to work
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I have gain first hand experience working in a team and creating means of answering questions and concerns of students and prospective students. Building professional customer service skills.
Productive and fun work environment
Adjunct Chemistry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FL and Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Productive and fun work environment. It was truly collaborative. The staff was willing to help if you needed anything to help you improve the delivery of the lesson to my students
Good place for Students
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 27, 2018
I was a work-study in Broward College and I learned a lot from one year of working there. The team I worked with were patient and took the time to teach me all the skills I needed to learn for the position.
Pros
Funny people. flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful at times
A place to make a difference
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2018
A place where an educator can impact the life of students who need a boost and encouragement or will fall behind. An educator with passion can make a difference. He/she will have minimum support from management and will likely find an unstable schedule with no flexibility, no paid time off even if sick, constant threat of being fired, and no assurance that you will still be teaching the next term.
Pros
the students
Cons
the administrators
Admissions/Registration Specialist
Admissions/Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 1, 2018
Assisted in registration for classes

Worked the information help desk

Assisted previous ESO Officer in recruitment and retention activities

Prepared monthly staff reports containing task completed
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work hours
Fun place to work. Continuous engaging activities
Administrative Assistant/Career Center (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 25, 2018
Great workplace culture!
A typical day involves resolving numerous administrative matters and providing operational support to the Center Manager. Also coordinating Job Fairs and vetting the resumes of students and alumni who have uploaded these documents on to the College's Network.
Pros
Getting the job done in a pleasant environment mean a lot
Cons
Difficulty met in getting a full-time position
Workplace Culture
Veteran Affairs Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 23, 2018
Broward College was a great place to work and everyone is willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was how difficult it was to get promoted.
Very Diversity Environment
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 16, 2018
Everyday morning when I get to work their are students waiting to be seen. I love the different tasks we have to accomplish to accomendate the students so that we a sure everything is set in place so they can continue they education.
amazing job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 14, 2018
broward college is an incredible place to work and learn, the workplace is wonderful
Work With a Purpose
Manager, Student Support Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 7, 2018
It is a pleasure to come to work every day and affect change in students' lives by affording them valuable opportunities to make higher education readily accessible.
Great
ADJUNCT ENGLISH PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 5, 2018
At the college level, I employ the same skills and approach to instruct my college students. Whether through online instruction or face-to-face classrooms settings, I focus on the fundamentals of language, knowing that if I patiently and positively emphasize the fundamentals of reading and writing, it would not be long before my students would gain the confidence to grow into effective communicators. By demystifying the reading and writing processes, I
Productive and fun workplace with pool table
Student Life Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 1, 2018
The student life department is the perfect place for student, part-or full-time, to engage with fellow students and coworkers. There is room to grow socially, academically, and professionally, making it the ideal workplace for college students entering the labor force.
Pros
Occasional free food, first access to events
Cons
Lack of benefits provided to part-time workers