Broward College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Adjunct Chemistry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FL and Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Productive and fun work environment. It was truly collaborative. The staff was willing to help if you needed anything to help you improve the delivery of the lesson to my students
Good place for Students
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 27, 2018
I was a work-study in Broward College and I learned a lot from one year of working there. The team I worked with were patient and took the time to teach me all the skills I needed to learn for the position.
Pros
Funny people. flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful at times
A place to make a difference
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2018
A place where an educator can impact the life of students who need a boost and encouragement or will fall behind. An educator with passion can make a difference. He/she will have minimum support from management and will likely find an unstable schedule with no flexibility, no paid time off even if sick, constant threat of being fired, and no assurance that you will still be teaching the next term.
Pros
the students
Cons
the administrators
Admissions/Registration Specialist
Admissions/Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 1, 2018
Assisted in registration for classes

Worked the information help desk

Assisted previous ESO Officer in recruitment and retention activities

Prepared monthly staff reports containing task completed
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work hours
Fun place to work. Continuous engaging activities
Administrative Assistant/Career Center (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 25, 2018
Great workplace culture!
A typical day involves resolving numerous administrative matters and providing operational support to the Center Manager. Also coordinating Job Fairs and vetting the resumes of students and alumni who have uploaded these documents on to the College's Network.
Pros
Getting the job done in a pleasant environment mean a lot
Cons
Difficulty met in getting a full-time position
Workplace Culture
Veteran Affairs Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 23, 2018
Broward College was a great place to work and everyone is willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was how difficult it was to get promoted.
Very Diversity Environment
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 16, 2018
Everyday morning when I get to work their are students waiting to be seen. I love the different tasks we have to accomplish to accomendate the students so that we a sure everything is set in place so they can continue they education.
amazing job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 14, 2018
broward college is an incredible place to work and learn, the workplace is wonderful
Work With a Purpose
Manager, Student Support Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 7, 2018
It is a pleasure to come to work every day and affect change in students' lives by affording them valuable opportunities to make higher education readily accessible.
Great
ADJUNCT ENGLISH PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 5, 2018
At the college level, I employ the same skills and approach to instruct my college students. Whether through online instruction or face-to-face classrooms settings, I focus on the fundamentals of language, knowing that if I patiently and positively emphasize the fundamentals of reading and writing, it would not be long before my students would gain the confidence to grow into effective communicators. By demystifying the reading and writing processes, I
Productive and fun workplace with pool table
Student Life Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 1, 2018
The student life department is the perfect place for student, part-or full-time, to engage with fellow students and coworkers. There is room to grow socially, academically, and professionally, making it the ideal workplace for college students entering the labor force.
Pros
Occasional free food, first access to events
Cons
Lack of benefits provided to part-time workers
productive and collaborative
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 23, 2018
As a teacher Assistant I learned valuable teaching strategies and classroom management. I helped students learn how to manage money and basic skills of being an adult.
productive and fair workplace
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work at work is always a great day. I've learned a lot and received a lot of certifications on law enforcement and public safety. Management is great. work culture is awesome if your ready to have a different type of day most of the week. report writing will be the hardest for most to grasp.
Student Life in Central Campus helped me grow professionally
OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 13, 2018
Student Life helps everyone develop soft skills. These are skills such as communication, listening, public speaking, critical thinking, creativity, problem solving, etc. Since my role had many responsibilities I was worried, but with patience, everything became second nature. My managers were very patient in telling me how to correct issues. At the same time, I had the freedom to find out how I liked things to get done. Pointers were given to improve.
The office was very culturally diverse. That helped to see other's point of view and to build more connections. This diversity along with our leadership is what made such a different environment. Thanks to the positive words and laughs going around, most roles didn't feel difficult to me. I enjoyed every role there.
Cons
Part-time, $10 payment
Working at BC is great
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 3, 2018
Broward college has probably one of the best work enviorments possible for a first job. They teach you responsibility, leadership, maturity, and many other things youll need through out life. They are also very flexible with class schedules.
Pros
great work enviorment and people
Cons
part time looked at as children.
No advancement
Adjunct Professor for Business & OST (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 30, 2018
There is plenty of autonomy in teaching and freedom to craft your content. There is however a lack of upward career mobility, full time employment is near impossible.
Positive environment
Staff Writer, The Observer Newspaper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2018
BC is that rock from where a strong foundation grows. It cements the basic values of development in ways that make it hard for a student to miss success.
Pros
great environment
Cons
too little time
Very busy work environment
Senior Admissions Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2018
Good company to work for. Management needed more training. Work needed to be fairly distributed and workers needed to be accountable for their share of the work.
Pros
healthcare and benefits; Educational training and development
Cons
Poor managment
Campus atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 16, 2018
I had a unpaid position in a department at the school, it was an interesting learning experience. Staff in other departments were friendly and kind for most part.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Student Government Liaison (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 15, 2018
It was the best experience I have ever had. They are willing to teach you and help you with whatever you need.They have a nice philosophy of work called Fish Philosophy which is great for the work environment and they also use some of the Disney leadership skills.