Broward County, Florida Employee Reviews

Friendly environment and quiet workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Working at Broward County North Regional Library was a good start to working, it was very calm and friendly. There were no rush hours or anything like that, it was a very relaxing job and there was always something to do and it was great helping customers.
Pros
Fun
Great company, limited advancement
MERCHANDISE MANAGER Memorial Healthcare System (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 24, 2019
Memorial Healthcare was a great company overall. New financial considerations mandated the outsourcing of several departments which made advancement more difficult. Good benefit package.
Teacher
School teacher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Teacher ratings of supervisors changed multiple times enjoyed working with students helping them to succeed in their futures implemented access to college and work. Met many of my students after graduation from school. They stated they learned many things from my class outside of educational benefits. Besides education I would tell them about the workplace I had over 30 years of work. I was a director of management in New York City in real estate organization. Used this experience to say how to get better positions in whatever type of job they may get in future. I also explained about military service as I was in army intelligence in army security agency in Europe attempted to tell them it is up to them to showcase there strengths to future employers. Told them first impressions are very important
Pros
Ability to instruct students
Cons
Discipline not always adequate
Needs a new Mission and approach for management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Overall, the organization is not willing to challenge the status quo or change the way of seeing things. The culture is widely corrupt and racism exist with a lot of bias between colleagues and management. The team does not work together and always try to under mind each other on different levels.
Pros
Union
Cons
Bad culture, management and communication skills
Long hours and low pay
Election Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Provides opportunity to earn money on a temporary basis while doing civic duty. The hours are extremely long and the pay is low. The Site Manager, Clerk and Assistant Clerk were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Provides opportunity to earn money
Cons
Hours are extremely long and the pay is low
A Secure Place to Work
Project/Program Coordinator, Senior (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 18, 2018
Working with the Broward County Board of County Commissioners provides stable, enjoyable employment. It is one of the largest employers in South Florida and an overall terrific place to work.
Pros
Reliable place to work
Cons
Na
Exceedingly poor management, IT systems are antiquated, rampant nepotism
Associate (Current Employee) –  FLDecember 14, 2018
The Aviation Department is a self-supporting department of Broward County Board of County Commissioners. It is exceedingly well-funded. There is absolutely no reason why, for the most part, it is so poorly managed. Working here seems as if time has returned to the 1960s. Definitely a 'boy's club'. It's unfortunate because it could really be a great place to work.

The younger interns (generation x and y) have no idea what working at a 'real' airport is like and are under the mistaken opinion that BCAD is an example of the work life at a normal airport.

Administration has the most unprofessional group of managers and supervisors I've ever seen. That Department needs an overhaul from the top all the way down to the bottom.

On a positive note, Airport Expansion is doing great things and the staff there retain a relative level of professionalism...maybe it'll seep over into the other Departments.
Pros
Potential retirement.
Cons
Poor management, obsolete IT systems, nepotism/favoritism, low pay.
Productive and fun workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 27, 2018
Depending on the day, it would start at either 9:45 am or 8:45 am. We would start the day at 9:45 am by setting up the park for the day guests and cleaning the park of any trash. The days starting at 8:45 would consist of an hour of In-service training. During the day we would take a stand in which we would keep our watch of the pools while rotating every 30 minutes. There were 25 stands in total so after you would pass the last stand, you would be required 15 minutes of poking any trash you find and then have the rest of the time to break. While on this break, you are also considered a supplementary responder in case of an emergency. During the day, you are given a 30-minute lunch break, where you are off the clock. At the end of the day, you are assigned a clean-up to help prepare for the next day.
Pros
Great work environment and cooperation
Company overall
STUDENT CONCESSION WORKER (Current Employee) –  Quiet Waters ParkNovember 20, 2018
a typical day can be stressful through the customers, however, the managers are no help because they only make the situation more confusing for the customer. However on a regular basis, the staff is like a family, or well used to be.
Pros
Litle benefits like a couple dollars off entertainment
Cons
no benefts, paid under the wage, no respect, clueless managers.
Grant Internship
Grant Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2018
A typical day at work involved assistance with grant management and monitoring; research of grant spending trends, reporting requirements, and attention to programmatic functions
It's been better
Library Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 15, 2018
The culture of the Library has changed over the years. Morale has declined. Change in Directing styles made for decline in work fidelity and production.
Benefits
Cons
Low Morale and few raises
overall fun environment
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 12, 2018
management could of been better, but the atmosphere was always fun and relaxed. of course there were still responsibilities and duties we had to fulfill
This was a time-limited position
Pod Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 27, 2018
This was a time-limited position on a political campaign. I didn't work for "Broward County," but I was stationed in Broward County for work. I don't have much more to say.
Stressful work environment
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2018
Working here has it's benefits. Health insurance is important but management is bad. Stressful work load with no one backing you. You work like you're at an factory.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
This department is NOT a fun place to work
Court Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 18, 2018
Not a fun place to work. The supervisor has personal issues and takes it out on employees. She makes the condition there very inappropriate and sad.

Everyone complains about her, she's very rude, very unprofessional. We have reported her to the management a few times but no changes yet.
very fast paced and never a dull moment
Assistant Public Defender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2018
Everyday is fast paced and you never have the schedule you think you're think you're going to have. this is a job where you get thrown into the fire and hope you come out alive on the other side but the experience is invaluable. The case load is extremely high and ridiculous and there needs to be more support for attorneys. Get the experience you need.
Great Working Enviroment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2018
Fun and challenging work in the Accounting Department. Worked there for a short period of time but during the time I was there I enjoyed the work and the staff
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
A positive work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working for the library. The environment is very laid back and friendly. The managers are friendly and supportive. I was working under contract. I would definitely consider working as a permanent employee.
Recommended
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 26, 2018
This was not a bad job but it was a student worker position and they did require you to work holidays and weekends but they were never open past 6pm most days unless it was a holiday. It sucked because I could not spend fourth of July with my family that day but overall it is not a bad job.
Amazing!!!
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I love every minute that I work here. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and they get things done! They are located on Griffin road in Dania Beach. The building is located convientently close to the airport since employees there are required to go to the airport for certain tasks from time to time.