Broward County Employee Reviews

This is Government
Human Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 2, 2018
A typical day involved working with residents seeking emergency assistance. I enjoyed meeting the many cultures and the ability to assist them. However, the different generations make change difficult, the veteran staff want to keep things the same, while new hires can see a different way. Change was slow..... and so unproductive, always meeting about the same issues that take 50 people, lots of meetings to solve....
Pros
Employees contributions to the success of the unit.
Cons
New unexperienced management.
Productive but poorly managed
Surgery Volunteer & Animal Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Broward County FloridaJuly 22, 2018
I loved working alongside the animals but at times it could be stressful. The supervisors weren't the best at managing their employees. Very young and not sure what they were always talking about. At the end of my time there, they were beginning to change their ways but it had a long way to go still.
Great Place to Work
Commissioner's Aide - VIP Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2018
They are very friendly and concern about your self development, and you are provided with proper training. Working for the County Commission give you an insight on how policies are created.
Eager for a new experience with more stability
Director of Operations/Co-owner (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 6, 2018
I have worn many different hats in the lifetime of my different careers. I have been focused as a stay at home mom and am ready to jump back into the workforce on a more steady basis. I would love to work in Palm Beach, specifically, Boca Raton, but I am flexible and willing to travel.
Secure work environment
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301July 1, 2018
the management team that I reported to was excellent. The hardest part about the job is the stress level, however working in payroll that is part of the job.
good
Temporary roles (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2018
searching for a new role and taking on temporary roles until new role is offered.. temporary roles - for temporary agencies for under 20 hours a week..
a great place to learn new ways of doing my job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2018
I had a wonderful experience work for Broward county. I learn the inns and out the our government system. And I was able to advance my skills in data entry and payroll.
Librarian
Community Library Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 3, 2018
Everyday is an adventure. Working at the library is great. Working with the public is great. There is a lot of opportunity for growth in the organization.
ok place
Student Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLApril 12, 2018
Very slow to move up anywhere. Many Divisions appear to already know who they want to hire so it's hard to move into a new role. The pay is minimum compared to similar positions in the Private Sector and the County itself is very slow in many of their processes.
Work with children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 5, 2018
The days are different every day depending on the mood of the students. I enjoy my days because I have been at the same schools my entire teaching career and is very familiar with the culture there.
Pros
New adventure daily
Cons
Low pay
Fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2018
I honestly liked the job, and i am sad that it is not standing today .
I believe that Broward provided varies things such as secure and beneficial job opportunity. It taught me to have leadership and it helped with long-tern contracts.
Not a typical civil service job
Information Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2018
Most departments in Broward county are reasonable and folks are happy to work there. My department culture was not like the other ones. I was sent on a manager training course run by the county and when I shared the methods I learned with my manager. He said they were wrong. There was always a hostile environment in my department that was not seen in the other ones.
An Interesting Experience
Clerk of Courts (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2018
Overall it's a challenging, fast paced job that handles getting documents out to the citizens of Broward County. It's a job that had its ups and downs with the types of cases you might experience, but overall it was a rich place to learn and develop.
Pros
Good benefits, standard shifts, lots to learn
Cons
Stressful due to the work being handled, long days
It's a job
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 23, 2018
The benefits are good. Lack of career advancement. Low pay. Poor management. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to expand your knowledge on different types of software used by the Division.
Pros
Free Breaks, Paid Holidays, Good Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Lack of Promotions, Career Advancement, Low Salary
Very productive work place the pay was good and definitely job security
Water Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJanuary 12, 2018
If your looking for a good opportunity, stable work environment and good management then Broward County is definitely the place to work. They have really good benefits and you can also look forward to working some overtime as well.
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Work Place
LIABILITY ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 12, 2017
Always evolving work place where nothing is the same. Good place to start out but some things get old quickly. The job has time off but don’t pay the best.
Great place to apply your sklls that pertain to your degree
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 11, 2017
Come in the office, go to the mail and collect all the bills owed, Purchase Orders , Travel Reimbursements payments and request extradition checks for BSO officers, keep an account of all the Account Receivable and Accounts Payable payable duties, etch. Example: Keep track of all the gas cards that all the Police Officers and departments use daily. etc..
Pros
Safe Work Enviornment
Cons
Playing Team
Government job
SYSTEM NETWORK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLNovember 21, 2017
Work is challenging but often repetitive. Job opportunities are available if you apply. Often clickish work culture. But that type of behavior is on every job. But you would like to be compensated "fairly" at the end of the work week.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Constant grind.
Midmanagement sucks
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2017
Mid management sucks, and lazy! a few people work all the time and a the majority are overworked and underpaid, and when it's time to get bonuses the lazy people get them, while the workers are ignored
Cons
Great place to work if you love people
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLNovember 1, 2017
Enjoyed working for Alcohol and Drug abuse which was under Broward County because it was working with people from every walk of life helping them to get there life together without using Drugs.