Broward Health Employee Reviews

Would not recommen to anyone a care about or remotely like.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Unfortunately Broward lacks the strong leadership a hospital of this size requires and after years of a revolving door in upper management, the effects are starting to show. The employee recognition and compensation are minimal at best. The morale is low, the computer system is slow and outdated, there are units that are completely unregulated and in the physical aspect dirty and again outdated and short of proper supplies. I would recommend that anyone who'd like to avoid a headache stay away, or if you're fresh out of nursing school go for it because learning to work in such a lacking and hostile environment prepares you pretty much to work anywhere. Good luck!
good place to work
OP Coder (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Broward Health Coral Springs was a nice place to work. I loved my job and the people there. Very caring and team players. I would totally recommend it.
Great company
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Provides excellent benefits, rewards, tuition reimbursement, career growth, hires within, rewards and recognition, vendor business/fair, employees programs
Human Resource department love drama. Employees complain that HR department can’t be trusted. They don’t tell the truth.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Employees go to HR and find untrained, uneducated employees with little experience working in a professional HR office. Coral Springs Medical Center..
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
More work less pay
Broward Health
Senior Pharmacy Technician Pharmacy Buyer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 2, 2019
In the beginning Broward Health was an amazing place to work. Unfortunately there have been major changes with in the organization which lead to many employees loosing their jobs that have been with the system for 10 plus years.
Have enjoyed working here
Provider Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 14, 2018
Have worked here for over a 1 year 1/2 and its been good. Have had good co workers and managers have been great. The department is great and I love my job.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 12, 2018
My typical day at work involves discharge planning for a host of different patients. Many with no pay source. Many of my patients are severely impaired due to stroke, trauma, cardiac disease etc. I meet with families, make discharge plans, send referrals to rehabs or to hospice. Try to assist families with finding Assisted living facilities, set up home health and ensure that future doctor appointments are made in order to avoid re-admission.
I have learned a lot about the community resources in our area and how to be creative in discharge planning.
The hardest part of my job is sitting in front of the computer, sending referrals, updates and justifying why I can't get my patients out quicker.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my patients and families and the times when I get to feel like I make a difference.
Great Work Environment
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 11, 2018
BHN’s staff makes you feel comfortable to be yourself at work, and being able to do that allows you to take care of the patients to the best of your abilities. Without the demand of faulty management rules, or to have someone breathing over your shoulders. It’s a clean and healthy work environment for one’s mental state of mind.
Comments
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 8, 2018
Very nice hospital very happy to work there I feel great but I need more hours to work I will recommended to work good place to get good teaching educational
Decent Place To Work
Education Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 5, 2018
The work life balance at Broward Health is the only difficult thing. There is no true paid time off. Every time there is a holiday you either have to have time accrued or you don't get paid.
Pros
Decent pay for my position
Cons
Time off is hard to accrue
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLDecember 5, 2018
It's a fine place to work and I really enjoy seeing my colleagues. Everyday at work is a new adventure and it's a pleasure to serve the community. I don't have anything negative to say about Broward Health.
Very secure place to work
Pediatric Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLDecember 1, 2018
Got a pension after working 5 years, clinical ladder opportunities , continuously improving its care and infrastructure during the 8 years I've been working there.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Coral Springs ER has high employee turnover
great coworkers
Registered Nurse - Full time (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 25, 2018
I work with some great people in this organization but management is disorganized and not very professional. I love my job, people I work with, and the patients are great.
A place where you learn while you earn.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 24, 2018
Very safe environment to work in. Also has room for improvement as you work. Clean environment. Great team work. Patient safety is our number one priority.
Learned a lot while working there.
Register Nurse - Tele/Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 21, 2018
Broward hospitals are Trauma and teaching hospital so we get exposed and learned a lot. Employee have the opportunity to move to higher level positions easier.
Pros
Great for expanding learning
Cons
Too far from me.
Rewarding in the aspect of being part of the health care team
Lab Assistant, Clinical Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 13, 2018
Working at Broward Health was a great place to work in patient care and to be part of a team. That being said, negativity was contagious in many aspects. Management did little to curb such bad attitudes. For certain positions, the company did not value the contributions that were made to improve the workflow of the department and there was no consideration of my educational background in regards to my compensation. It can be a great place to grow in the nursing arena but in other areas, it was clear that seniority was rewarded more than actual work ethic.
Pros
Great benefits
Workplace Culture
Health Unit Coordinator/ Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 13, 2018
Can be challenging at times. Busy and always something to do. Can be hard to find help when needed. Interview was an easy process. Started working soon after the interview.
A good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 13, 2018
During my time working at BHCS, the cultural differences and disparity in cultural / racial diversity in the senior administration staff was appalling. This contributed to unfair treatment and lack of significant advancement of minorities. Furthermore, the HR director was very biased and unfair in making decisions and considerations for advancement within the hospital, favoring whites and her friends - also white. The hospital has had an almost complete overhaul of the senior administrative staff and it has been for the better. The current team is more representative of the staff and behave in a much more ethical and transparent manner where anyone who is willing to work hard, and put in the work has an equal opportunity to grow in the organization.
Pros
outstanding benefits including a pension
Cons
previously racist place to work favoring whites
Great place to do my Internship.
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2018
I gained a lot of experience during my Internship at Broward Health. The staff was very knowledgeable on their daily job description. It was great to learn how to create and process a newborn birth certificate.
Rewarding work experience
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2018
I would have to say that the company brought a lot of rewarding challenges. No work day was ever the same as the previous, which made it an exciting and innovative place of employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight