Broward Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and sometimes very fun,but always interesting
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2018
never a dull moment at broward health,there is room and opportunity for growth.also there are never ending possiblities for meeting new people and networking
Great grow opportunity
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 4, 2018
The workplace is very diverse, the physician are knowledgable and working with patient's chronic conditions will give you excellent nursing experience.
Lots of learning tools lots of fun events Employee Appreciation Week
Denials management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 3, 2018
Broward Health awesome place to work room for growth room for learning
Tools are always available for learning very structured
Nice work environment able to work at your own pace managers and supervisors approachable always willing to help
Pros
Broward Health Blu learning program
great learning but hard work
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  broward health medical centerMay 31, 2018
Work is hard and demanding but its teaching focus and offers great training and a great learning environment
Lack promotion within and certain area of work appears to be reserve and not available to all
Pros
good pay
Cons
advancement and promotion limited
Training
RPICC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 30, 2018
This work place offers lunch and learn not only with work related topics but non work related topics. Depending on the length of time you are with the company they do compensate for the length of service.
Pros
Training
Cons
Employee incentives
fast pace but very educational
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2018
The day will start out fast but with team work it comes together. You comes together like family at the end of the day. You learned how to work together and have the experience of knowing different skills. the most hardest part is being able to multitask when everyone needs your attention but gets better. The most enjoyable part is being able to work as a team
severely depressing, unprofessional and rude
Patient Access ER (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLMay 26, 2018
I can tell you right now, any review on this page that is above a star is false and most likely written by management. the hospital is not bad, but working for this department is a Nightmare. I have seen management tell employees to shut up, I have seen the coordinators team up to get someone fired. If you are looking for a serious job DO NOT APPLY HERE. This department is extremely unprofessional and you will not stay here. just look at how many Patient Access openings there are.
Pros
Cons
30 min break on a 12hr shift, horrible manners, and unprofessional
Its ok
Med-Surgical/Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 22, 2018
The staff are great there. I think management could use some work. There always seem to be a high turn over. The pay isn't that good either. It is a good starting place to work.
Pros
Friendly environment. Friendly staff. Great benefits
Cons
High management/administration turn over rate, poor compensation
my experience at Broward General
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 22, 2018
My experience working at Broward Clinic as well as Broward Hospital, was joyful as I learn different things on how to manage people as well as deal with health. My coworkers help me out a lot in my job training over the years and I really appreciate every thing they have done for me.
Excellent place to work with full benefits.
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2018
I was a mental health technician and worked on the psych ward unit for 30 years. It was a great experience. I met a lot of different people daily. My job consisted of vitals, documentation, phlebotomy, EKG, and whatever else was needed from me by the nurses or my manager.

Want to know more about Broward Health?

Ask a question
Excellent Hospital - State of the Art
R.N., Surgical Coordinator, Specialty Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 8, 2018
Top of the Line Orthopedics specialty lines. Great management at the Surgical Services level. If you want to advance your nursing career there is room for you.
Pros
OR management is approachable.
Cons
A few lingering employees that should simply retire.
review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 20, 2018
A typical day at NB includes, getting there early to evaluate my patients, giving medications, transferring patients to other units. I love working at NB. The managers are very nice and helpful, and in general, my co-workers always try to help.
great
Compliance Associate - Corporate Compliance (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2018
great place to work if you are a staff nurse or staff person. Thats if you have the right manager. Benefits are nice, salary is nice. work environment is ok.
The benefits are excellent and I would recommend to anyone interested in working there.
Workers' Compensation Asst. Adjuster/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2018
My tenure at Broward Health span for 21years. I started as a secretary of the Workers' Compensation Department and later obtained my adjuster license in 2007. The job is very stressful and involves time constraints because we were mandated by the State and therefore held accountable for every shred of document coming in and going out. Overall, I completed a good portion of my life at Broward Health and would like to move on to something completely different and less stressful.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Things have changed for the worst!!
RN (Current Employee) –  BHMCApril 17, 2018
Need to value employees also need to pay more to all staff not just nurses..not enough staff for the patient volumes..its a critical shortage..........
Cons
Pay extremely low too much work no support
Was better before
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 16, 2018
Place is coroputed. No support doesn’t promote within.
Corporate Admin worse than Mafia. After being in news and in public eye. People would think it would change. NO!!!

The Good people are getting walked out and fired for speaking the truth. Corporate and Admin being replaced by HCA Staff all under one Commander
Pros
Regular staff
Cons
Corporate / Admin
Positive, supportive, competative, Professional, friendly collaborative atmosphere
RN Staff Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 9, 2018
The work environment at BHMC in the CVICU/CCU is a one of high expectation in a stressful yet friendly and collaborative environment. Even during stressful times my peers were upbeat, positive and totally focused on the needs of our patients and families. Quality patient care and excellent customer service is paramount at BHMC.
working denied and underpaid claims
PATIENT ACCOUNT COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 4, 2018
a typical day at work is working off an Excel spreadsheet, working rejected claims. Calling Insurance companies regarding claim status. Following up on Patient correspondence and phone calls. Submitting unbilled claims.
Pros
Lunheons
Cons
lack of respect for employees
learning facility
Billing/Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 4, 2018
I've learned more that this job that my previous years of experience. Working here pushed me to better myself and want to learn and grow more as an individual.
Great Place To Start
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 27, 2018
I worked in the CHS (Community Health Services) it is a great place to start out with when you graduate from any medical program. It is a little difficult to advance if you are not in the Hospital setting but you have a chance to meet so many patients. The work days are at times long but they can be steady depending on the providers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight