Broward Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great
Dental Assistant/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2018
To many days off without pay and no vacation. Upper management is understanding and they work with employees when they need a day off. Very organized organization overall.
Good place to work and advance.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
Excellent work environment with the latest equipment. Very high stress in the Emergency Department....Level II trauma center. Stress management is stressed and provided.
Busy Unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
My unit is one of the busiest ones. My patients are complex but there is a lot of support from both senior and new nurses. I would recommend this place to anybody that really wants to learn from the most complex patients.
Pros
schedule
Cons
busy
Great job and they promote within
ENTERPRISE IMAGING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 13, 2018
It is a great place to work and people are nice. It is a government funded hospital which comes with its struggles. Outside of the listed items it is a good place to work.
Good working environment
Progressive Cardiac Care Unit as Registred Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2018
Good working environment. On a typical day of work I would get 4-5 patients sometimes manageable and sometimes I wold have a crazy day. What gets your though the day is team work.
Pros
30% discount on breakfast, lunch and dinner
NBMC Family
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
Working at BH NBMC was wonderful. Everyone treated each other like family. I worked within Surgical Services. HR and Senior Management are a bit uppity for their own good. They could definitely be a bit nicer to all employees, top to bottom.
Trauma Experience Level 1
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2018
Loved my job!!!
My manager was unfair and not accountable for inappropriate actions.
Education was offered constantly and FREE then once certified orientation to that unit or area was provided so you could apply your newly found knowledge
Pros
Education, Orientation to new roles was more than sufficient
Cons
3 managerial people; these individuals made working difficult
Terrible Management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 23, 2018
Management doesn't know what their workers are doing . To many changes in management . A very cliquish group of people, hostile environment. Work was never divided evenly.
internship
Recreational therapy intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2018
I had a very good internship at broward health the people there are very friendly and they live what they do and will help you succeed with any task..
stressful at times
HIM Technician/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
They job was stressful at times.The manager wasn't very professional. She had an nasty attitude which made it difficult to deal with every day.I really won't recommend that job to friends or family.
Fast past work place
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there because I was able to help the patients. The hardest part was seeing all the sick children. All of the doctors and nurses I came in contact with on a daily basis was friendly and helpful.
I loved Broward Health
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2018
I have created a lot of good memories at Broward. I have taken advantage of there tuition reimbursement and I am very glad to say that I have been employed there 22 years. It is a great place to work
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
we are going through restructure right now
Interned
(HIM)/ Medical Records Department (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 16, 2018
Interned in the Health Information Management.Gained hands-on experience with data entry and HIM software (PowerChart, 3M, Fluency).Shadowed a Master Patient Index Specialist, HIM Technicians, and a Release of Information Specialist.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
no cons
productive and sometimes very fun,but always interesting
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2018
never a dull moment at broward health,there is room and opportunity for growth.also there are never ending possiblities for meeting new people and networking
you cant grow in this company
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Children Diagnostic and Treatment CenterJune 12, 2018
there is a lot of favoritism when a problem occur you take it to your manager at head thinking that things will be resolved but it gets pushed aside.. the salary that is given isn't fair for the amount of work that is being done.. there isn't enough team work to each it's own. rude HR isn't any help either when you bring a problem to them it wont get fixed they will hear you out but will never check up on the situation. this Hospital need a lot of new management they are always in the red zone for no funds they get a lot of donation but where does it go they have taken away the percentage of our raise to help get out the red zone but how long are they going to keep saying they have no money for the employees that they over work for so long... this needs to be report...
Cons
employees are treated bad
Workplace Culture
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 9, 2018
Working at Broward Health North Broward Hospital gave me a look at all type of different culture. They will have days in the cafeteria where they serve different food from different culture.
Pros
I received a raise every year.
Cons
Some of the management team were just plain ole mean
Summary as a Patient Care Assistant
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 8, 2018
Working as a Patient Care Assistant in Broward Health Hospital is a blessing I love the fast pace,I truly enjoy the environment and caring for people. Out of all units I work on, Surgery intensive care the best. Work with patients under the direct supervision of health care professionals,such as doctors or nurse I learn how to drawn blood take temperature,blood pressure,pulse,and respiration and monitoring blood surgar,Everyone work together as a team
Not a great company to advance in
Physician Office Specialist/Billing (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 8, 2018
I took this job from a family friend who has been working here for years. I started the job right out of college. When I was hired I was told to take one job and then later on in the month I would advance to a better position. Two weeks after being hired I was placed in a different location from where I was told to be at working at. From there it was downhill. The management would yell at you, yell at clients and parents of clients. It was so much more.
Pros
Discount for lunch
Cons
There is no breaks at all
Great grow opportunity
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 4, 2018
The workplace is very diverse, the physician are knowledgable and working with patient's chronic conditions will give you excellent nursing experience.
I really love working at BHIP
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 3, 2018
I've been at BHIP for 4 years and hope they'll have me for many years to come. Every hospital has its pros and cons. At BHIP, the pros outweigh the cons. The culture is one of family. The physician and nursing staff collaborate well with the intention of providing the best care for a population that can be very challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight