Broward Health Employee Reviews

do not recommend working on nutrition service department
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 17, 2018
do not recommend this job at nutrition department unless you are anxious and need job asap...
co-workers are very rude they be bulling new staff like the are on high school , uneducated people managers and employees , the job is very hard and they do not care about employees

too much work for the pay, no benefits they hire as pool position no health insurance

thinking of quit
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything, rudeness, no team work
Senior Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2018
I love my time spent at Broward Health . I have always felt my position is well respected and My work is meaningful . I have always felt a part of a team .
nice and fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2018
The work environment was great and fun. We were truly a family there. They really look out for each other. I loved my job there and loved working around people. But the management was very bad and not professional.
benefits
Cons
management
Horrible pay
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 3, 2018
This location is the lowest paying job for paramedics in all of Broward county. You are expected to do the workload of an ER tech and a Paramedic for 24k- 27k as your annual salary. You are not respected by your coworkers, and managent doesn’t seem to care about you. This location does not handle many truly emergent cases either.
Pros
Mindless work
Cons
Pay, work environment, overall morale
Busy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 2, 2018
Patient care, coordinating pt care interdepartmental and transfers. The environment promotes growth. The management team is open to ideas. The workplace culture is welcoming
Great opportunities
Inpatient Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 1, 2018
I would highly recommend someone to work at BH. There are opportunities to advance. The benefits are pleasing. The facility is well maintained and the environment is warm.
benefits
Amazing organization!
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 1, 2018
Broward Health is working hard to establish a great relationship with the community. Employees are caring and leadership is moving the company in the right direction.
Pros
Workplace culture, Benefits
Nutritional Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 30, 2018
Working at North Broward I had the experience of meeting different people of all kinds I loved everything about the job. I've learned a lot and would do it all over again if I had to.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 29, 2018
Atypical shift was busy providing patient care , drawing blood samples and performing EKGs as the doctors on rounds orders>>I learned great time management skills.. The work culture was a little stressful from time to time..The hardest part was making sure everything was done before the end of the shift.. The best part is providing excellent patient care
Pros
Great with shift differential pay scale
Cons
Hard workload
Great Work Environment
Outpatient Coding Specialist/Lead Coder (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 27, 2018
Great work culture, but the pay is not as competitive with other hospitals. The educational area of the job needs a lot of improvement in oreder to ensure that new coders; as well as, veteran coders are offered promotional opportunities.
Pros
Great Work Culture and Benefits
Cons
Minimal Advance Opportunities and Educational Training
Registered Nurse / Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2018
Broward Health is an excellent organization to work for, as an employee I am granted many opportunities for growth. The staff I worked with are great team players.
Diverse workforce and patient population
Inpatient wound and ostomy nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 22, 2018
Diverse environment with multiple opportunities to perfect one's skills. Great opportunities to move within the organization. Opportunities abound. Flexibility is key.
Great
Dental Assistant/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2018
To many days off without pay and no vacation. Upper management is understanding and they work with employees when they need a day off. Very organized organization overall.
Good place to work and advance.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
Excellent work environment with the latest equipment. Very high stress in the Emergency Department....Level II trauma center. Stress management is stressed and provided.
Busy Unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
My unit is one of the busiest ones. My patients are complex but there is a lot of support from both senior and new nurses. I would recommend this place to anybody that really wants to learn from the most complex patients.
Pros
schedule
Cons
busy
Great job and they promote within
ENTERPRISE IMAGING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 13, 2018
It is a great place to work and people are nice. It is a government funded hospital which comes with its struggles. Outside of the listed items it is a good place to work.
Good working environment
Progressive Cardiac Care Unit as Registred Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2018
Good working environment. On a typical day of work I would get 4-5 patients sometimes manageable and sometimes I wold have a crazy day. What gets your though the day is team work.
Pros
30% discount on breakfast, lunch and dinner
NBMC Family
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
Working at BH NBMC was wonderful. Everyone treated each other like family. I worked within Surgical Services. HR and Senior Management are a bit uppity for their own good. They could definitely be a bit nicer to all employees, top to bottom.
Trauma Experience Level 1
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2018
Loved my job!!!
My manager was unfair and not accountable for inappropriate actions.
Education was offered constantly and FREE then once certified orientation to that unit or area was provided so you could apply your newly found knowledge
Pros
Education, Orientation to new roles was more than sufficient
Cons
3 managerial people; these individuals made working difficult
Terrible Management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 23, 2018
Management doesn't know what their workers are doing . To many changes in management . A very cliquish group of people, hostile environment. Work was never divided evenly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broward Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight