Brown & Brown, Inc Employee Reviews

This company provided the best training which advanced the company
Senior, Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
Most of the work I performed at Brown and Root (now KBR) was Construction related and it was domestic to the US. Form 1985 to 2000 this company had leadership that was second to none. Communication and execution of High Risk projects proved to be lucrative for the company and hence, the culture in this division was very strong and enjoyable.
Pros
Challenging projects, training, growth opportunities
Cons
Corporate management seemed to favor close friends, travel to work
Fun place to work
Structure Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2018
This company was very good place to work a lot of friendly personal and field Personal and very good equipment to work open policy was a lot of fun to work on that company
Pros
very good Company to work for
Cons
Closed
bad supervisor
Policy Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 13, 2018
no place to grow,lazy assistant ,management sucks,over worked,dont care about employee well being , black folks get no promotion no matter how hard or qualified.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad managing lazy peoples
Honest job, good location,
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMarch 13, 2018
Focused work with appropriate supervision and an opportunity to improve and learn. Good equipment, available management. Nice people to work with in the office and the field.
good place to worklotsof travel
Insurance Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2018
This was a good place to work i w as an internal auditor and would travel all around the country three to four weeks a year performing audits at different branch offices.
friendly co workers and clients
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 1, 2018
always laid back kind of place, food and refreshments nearly every tuesday and friday, guaranteed to finish early but had to stay until 1:00 which wasn't that bad
Pros
free lunches or snacks
Cons
had to stay till they finished
Inside Insurance Sales
Indiana - Group Benefit Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 29, 2017
Good place to work. Management were professional. The workplace culture was professional and colleagues treated everyone with respect. Enjoyed working with team colleagues. Enjoyed working with customer base and providing great insurance products.
Pros
Professional organization.
Cons
Limited face to face with customer base.
Best Employer
Employee Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 2, 2017
I loved working there and hated to leave. I loved my coworkers and the environment. I learned so much and the sky is the limit there if you work hard
Daily grind
Regional Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 3, 2017
High performance expectations with little appreciation of hard work. People are treated as an asset,not humans. Everyone is replaceable at a moments notice.
Production,busy place to work, company outings....
Tax Specialist III (Former Employee) –  DallasAugust 22, 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled many tasks posting payments, research, and CPA audits.. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails.
Solid company.
Data Entry Clerk in Oviedo (Former Employee) –  Oveido, FLJune 19, 2017
Honest job, honest company.
Computers maintained regularly.
Teamwork.
Office environment work focused.
Customer satisfaction important.
Employees personable.
Brown & Brown, Inc.
Insurance Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 12, 2017
Originally a Florida based company who, in turn, profited from the take over of many small insurance companies throughout the United States. A buy-out of my previous employer proved to be a win for the employer and not the for the employees.
Fantastic Company!!
DIC/ Special Risk Department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2017
I worked for Arrowhead General Insurance for almost 5 years.

Fantastic company. Plenty of opportunity for growth. Fun atmosphere.

Really warm, caring, and inspiring executives.

Great place to work!
Established corporation
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 2, 2017
Very established corporation not likely to close unexpectedly. The pay and benefits are pretty standard however good medical coverage with this company is very unaffordable so you get stuck with a high deductible plan, not worth the still high premium. Company stock is purchased for you and 401k is available. I would not go back to this company however as they have unrealistic expectations and so much corporate requirement that you don't have time to do your actual job. Requirements change constantly so ability to comply is very difficult. Huge amount of focus by management on the producers with almost no attention to the support staff.
Pros
Stable Company with average pay
Cons
Too corporate with low job security
Not a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 30, 2017
The people are great to work with, but management is very unorganized and does not seem to care about employees or morale. Most employees are underpaid and undervalued.
Pros
Travel, coworkers, flexibility
Cons
Management, compensation, benefits
Love it!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2017
The team is highly enjoyable. Management is great and your time is respected tremendously. Managers are very quick to help and teach you.
productive and fun work place, a good company that's work as a team
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2017
I just to start my day working with the incoming checks to be process and deposit as well, learning everyday more about accounting staff, as vendors payable, refunds and commissions, write offs, eta., my hardest part of my job was working with the accounts receivables refunds, me and my co-workers we worked as a team and helps us get the work done.
Interesting company, nice co-workers, always busy
Accounting Leader (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 27, 2016
This job was very demanding and deadline oriented, extremely stressful, but I learned a lot. The hours were long at month end, quarter end and year end. I missed holidays with my family because I had to work. Sometimes I put in 60 to 80 hours a week. Internal auditors show up at times. Co-workers and bosses were extremely nice and very helpful. Traveled a few times. Overall I really liked this job, but very unstable job as it is a corporation and they can decide to close an office down at any time.
Workplace overview
Personal Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 26, 2015
Love working for this company, management is great and so are my co-workers. The best part of my job is being able to help others who thought that no one would be able to help them. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help everyone. I've learned some very good leadership skills at this job and I'm entrusted with a lot of responsibility here.
Wouldnt recommend anyone to work her
Commerical Lines Technial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 20, 2015
Do not work here- waste of time. High turnover and management is awful. They act like high school teenagers and never manage anything.