Brown & Toland Physicians Employee Reviews

Productive.
Risk Adjustment Coder (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 28, 2019
A very nice place to work. Employees are well treated. There´s training and extra curricular activities available to employees. Flexible schedule and work at home opportunities for some departments.
Pros
Training, CEU´s, Certification reimbursement.
Love this place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2019
I had a great experience working here for my temp assignment. The atmosphere was phenomenal, my reporting manager was Uber nice. I would definitely recommend.
Productive and Fun place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 15, 2018
Brown and Toland is and office job so you work at your own pace and is fairly laid back. Whenever you needed help your supervisor was there to help instantly.
Burnout zone...
Care Coordinator II/Appeals & Grievances (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2018
This company could benefit from a consultant team coming in and seeing what the true issues are within the employee group and management team to bring back the happy culture and family-oriented work site that it used to be. When I started there they had several team-building seminars lunches retreats, and other fun events within the office I kept the morale perky and exciting. Hard work was not only rewarded with good pay it was rewarded with a little relaxation and fun to let us know we were doing a great job.
Colloborative but highly intense. Lots of changes happening
- (Choose not to disclose) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 25, 2018
There have been a lot of recent changes and right now it's crazy busy and super stressful. I'm hoping it temporary and have hopes its getting bettter
Pros
Good PTO. New CEO
Cons
Poor executive management.leadership
A/R Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 5, 2018
Great benefits, easy going work place. Pay is on par with the bay area, vacation time off is also great.

Re
Provide details abou

Thank you.
Not that great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I have been with this company for a few years now, I am no longer happy in my position. The management and supervisors are not great at all. They cannot communicate, they do a lot of back stabbing, a lot of manual processes (paper work all over the place), they don't have competitive pay, I could go on. But I will just look for another job instead.
Pros
Cool Holiday parties
Cons
Horrible management, Low pay, cut throat environment, stressful
Very Ergonomic, Professional and business casual work environment
Medical PPS Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2018
It was a very great ergonomic work environment. Everyone was very welcoming and nice. Very professional and business casual.

They also made it a fun place when there's holidays. My manager at the time was very great and I learned a lot from her.
Back stabbing management
Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 18, 2018
There was no typical day at Brown and Toland. Your job might be on a regular basis, but the management team might have a few surprises for you, if you were not on their favorites list. When I started working for the company they were in S. F. Once they moved to Oakland the job and atmosphere became very sterile. Everything changed. In S. F. the atmosphere was cheerful and inviting. In Oakland it became very low key and management started adding new rules and regulations to job descriptions.
Pros
Great staff lunches
Cons
New management with new rules
Stable Company
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
Company operated a satellite office in central valley. 24 hour operation allowing for various convenient work hours. Leadership was always available and knowledgeable.
Pros
Day and night work hours
Cons
advancement only available at home office
Downsize and grow again
Data Spec / Phys Srvcs Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2017
Downsized company regularly, then would rehire and downsize again. A company this size should be more nimble to change to meet market changes.
It is hard to get ideas listened to but you can speak to power here.
Pros
Paid time off policy
Cons
Departments are autonomous and don't always work for the common good of the company
Great Product, Great Co-workers
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2017
Brown and Toland was, in many ways, a very fun place to work, with lots of excellent co-workers and projects underway. What it lacked was a cohesive management or process management strategy.
Pros
Amazing work spaces and great bennefits
Cons
Cohesive strategy on process management
Old Management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 31, 2017
They brought back old management after the new management left. The company says they are start-up style but they are not. The culture is okay if you like to work at a place that doesn't have clear goals or objectives. Some departments are great while others change directions without letting others know.
Pros
There is work life balance
Cons
lack of internal communication
Overall Company
Referral Coordinator/ACD Care Advisor Lead II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, caJune 9, 2017
Great Staff ! Management need to be a little people oriented: other wise, great place to work. Need to upgrade computer system for workers maybe to Epic.
Pros
Staff is great !
Cons
Need competent Management
Don't Apply Here, Run Away!!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 5, 2017
The company continues to promote employees that have been with the company since the dark ages. They don't know much about how a corporate company runs or operates because they haven't worked anywhere else to know any better. The CEO who approves these promotions don't seem to care much about their poor skills. These executives have performed poorly for many years! They just had company lay offs but they don't seem to put two and two together that poor employees create poor output. The company is a sinking ship and the people steering the ship are okay with it as long as they have fat pockets for the time being. If you have pride in the work that you do, don't work here. You may have brilliant ideas but the people at the top will treat you like you don't know a thing. Run away from here. It is not a company where you can thrive unless you're likeable, young or a "yes" person.
Pros
Bart stop is right underneath the building so it's convenient commute wise
Cons
Horrible, horrible leadership team. The worse I have ever experienced.
inflexible top down management
Project Manager (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 30, 2017
Innovation is not supported. Management has a top down agenda and does not incorporate input from staff. Hardest part of job is not having the resources and support to help patients
Pros
work with great employees
Cons
management
Great Company!
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2017
Great company to work for! The people are easy to get along with. Focused towards meeting the goals and objectives of the business. Highly Recommended!
Very Small Company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 1, 2017
I was a contractor. They need to improve their processes and technology. I worked with some nice people there. Learned how to create a webpage for their site.
average
case manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2017
Frequent turn over due to leadership and not very supportive environment for case managers to work in due to leadership view of clinical staff.
Browyn And Toland Physicians Experience
Referrel Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Brown and Toland Physicians is a good company to work for in healthcare. I notice great job opportunity while working there. The CEO keeps and maintains a very comfortable, friendly workplace environment. I enjoyed my time while working there. I would recommend to any seeking great job opportunity in the field of healthcare.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown & Toland Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight