Brown & Toland Physicians logo

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Floater position

As a floater this is not the best company to work for because it is a small company with multiple different locations. But, they already have their set staff so as a floater you are kind of not as involved.

Run!

Management at this company is the worst. They have the most vengeful, petty, and backstabbing people I’ve ever come across. They don’t care about employees at all, they will resort to finding ways to make you miserable if you upset them in any way. They also don’t keep promises and will expect you to be ok with every change they see fit without any complaint. Just do yourself a favor and stay away.

Pros

Location and co-workers

Cons

Upper management

Terrible experience

I was excited to start working for the company, it was terrible once I started. Management changed almost every 3-4 weeks and people would get fired without noticed and would get escorted out of the building, very scary!

Much to be desired

The culture was not welcoming to those who came from outside of the organization. Nor were the years of knowledge and or experience appreciated. The management team left much to be desired as a few had no prior Epic experience.

Cons

culture, communication style, leadership style

Bad..provider discriminated against me, due to my age

I was discriminated by one physician who ignored me as I was nonexistent. I'm older then most of the medical assistant and she had favoritism in how she treated her medical assistant who were there to help her.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

On the rise and promising

New Direction in management. Especially with the implementation of epic. Management hears employees concerns. A lot of Employee Engagement. Recruiters are upfront and honest. And are able to discuss, a rough past. Company completely going in the right direction and I am glad to be a part of it.

I recommend this employer

I enjoyed working for Brown & Toland. Employee advancement opportunities were scarce. Coworkers were great. Location is bad. Benefits were pretty good. I would recommend this employer.

Nurses should avoid

There is a "dime a dozen" attitude towards nurses at this company. Case loads are often unmanageable and if by any chance you do manage your caseload, then you will be rewarded with more patients! Nurses often stay from 7am to 6pm, 5 days a week. Contracts are confusing and there is a 50 plus page contract grid to prove it. In

Don't work here-TOXIC

Staff are great. Leadership is disrespectful to staff and each other. Cut throat and can't trust any of them. I would not recommend working here. This place is the worst.

Not Stable

Many changes often for the worse. Not stable. Management is constantly changing direction and is just dysfunctional. I expect them to be bought or to close all together.

Pros

great people

Cons

not stable

Jobs at Brown & Toland Physicians

See more jobs

RNs run

Very disorganized hiring process. Severe lack of management. Always hiring and firing people. They make you pay $25 a day to park at the office with No reimbursement. High RN burnout rate. Would not recommend. Money driven greedy company.

not a fun company to work for.

The company has been in business for a long time however, very high turn over with management in the department. I worked 3 months and I saw 5 managers leave.

Terrible place to work!

Horrible place to work! Very poor management no leadership no job security unless you are one of the preferred employees. No loyalty to long time employees. If you bring no value to the company they will dispose you regardless of how long you have been there.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Everything!

Laid back environment, but not much room for advancement if not in management.

Went through reorganization my last two years. There were many layoffs and low job security, not to mention no room for career advancement. Did enjoy the laid back culture.

Pros

nice colleagues, casual environment, telecommute program

Cons

low job security, low opportunity for career progression

Terrible Management

I did like a few of my coworkers however management is terrible. No job security whatsoever literally trained our replacements just to be laid off (layoffs are a normal occurrence here) a lot of favoritism and just generally unfriendly culture. Upper management will tell you to speak to one another day hi then be the ones who completely ignore you or if able to converse speak down on you in such a condescending manner. Literally had my team doing job way outside of description and paid people differently not by seniority but by favoritisms

Company Reiew

Acceptable benefits Generous PTO Current work/life balance challenging Working conditions good (clean, safe comfortable office space) Company location close to downtown venues and public transportation

Very Hostile and a large lack of trust.

I would not recommend working at Brown and Toland to anyone. The current management and culture is not healthy. It has a culture of "The mean Girls" You are overworked and not appreciated. There is a lack of trust, that starts with the executive team and goes all the way down to staff. You never know from day to day if will have a job. Steer clear!

Horrible company

It’s a revolving door. Management is awful and play favorites. Over worked and not enough staff. Management could care less about the employees. They micro manage everything you do. Very stressful environment. Management promises things that never happen. They are in bad financial straits.

Pros

Easy BART access

Cons

Very stressful environment, poor leaders, Being Micromanage, poor communication from management. Poor staffing.

Diverse company with great benefits

Employees at Brown & Toland have compassion and integrity! They work hard to achieve a common goal of supporting our physicians! It is located in the heart of Oakland, with a great places to eat and near BART!

Productive.

A very nice place to work. Employees are well treated. There´s training and extra curricular activities available to employees. Flexible schedule and work at home opportunities for some departments.

Pros

Training, CEU´s, Certification reimbursement.

Love this place

I had a great experience working here for my temp assignment. The atmosphere was phenomenal, my reporting manager was Uber nice. I would definitely recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown & Toland Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight