Brown Advisory Employee Reviews

Wonderful opportunities
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2018
I was a college intern for 4 years for brown advisory because of the connections they had with my high school Cristo Rey. The workplace itself is welcoming. Many employees resembled the true meaning of working as a team. At Brown Advisory I learned how to prepare myself for the necessary requirements within a work field such as organization, time management, and having a desire to finish what needs to be done. The hardest part would be the coding I didn't quite understand the bases of it. My supervisor informed me of this online coding class called, "Code Academy." Code Academy taught me on how to create my own website which is a tool used by business employers who specialize in advertising.
Pros
Culture, Team work, Various projects
Cons
difficult tasks
Acid pit
Lead Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2018
Nickname - the ACID PIT! But great pay, great facilities and great people. The reason for the nickname is that they do not really have a stable hold on internal software development, and instead manage third parties.
Pros
Fells Point location
Cons
Too many panhandlers
Excellent Employer
Associate Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 21, 2018
Overall a very employee friendly place to work. Management is open and transparent about the direction of the firm, financials, goals, etc. Benefit package is excellent and the overall culture is as well.
Brown Advisory
Security Analyst and Tester (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2018
It is a good place to work. From the soup days to the lunch and learns, you will be fed! The issue that you may have is the organization and is a little messy and employees wear too many hats.
Good place to work...if you have the right manager.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2017
Typical day at work is what you would expect in a financial firm, I don't need to go into the details.

There are good managers here and there are bad, like everywhere. Overall, the culture here is largely positive and I've enjoyed my time for the most part.

The infrastructure in place in the firm leaves something to be desired, considering our size.

The ability to travel to our different offices is encouraged and has easily been the most enjoyable part of my experience.
Pros
Paid interoffice travel, happy hours/food
Cons
Lack of career advancement, pay
lots of business connections and learning ability
Accounts Payable Manager and Accounting II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2017
enter payables and resolve any billing issues, work with the comptroller and the CFO with weekly, monthly, quarterly reports. enter and review t&e for entire firm. update and maintain cell phone bill for entire firm
Exciting place to work
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2017
Good culture with mutual respect among colleagues and dedication to clients. Challenging environment where merit is based on performance. Good collaboration throughout firm.
Productive work environment
Office Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2015
Growing investment firm. Personally developed in position as office solution associate. My team consisted of 2 other employees in which we developed new processes and procedures for the firm. This includes mail and check procedures. Benefited from this a great amount.
Rapidly growing fast-paced company with solid reputation
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work is being part of a very busy and fast-paced environment. Here we always put client-service first.

The Company and it's management always seeks feedback from its employees (i.e. employee involvement and input is encouraged).

Co-workers are very friendly and always have each other's backs.

The hardest part is that it is a very fast-paced environment everyday; you do and can find that balance.

Employee challenges and incentives/perks are offered regularly which builds morale and bridges departments.

I have learned throughout my entire career, thus far, that communication is always vital in ANY role.
Highly team work oriented
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2015
Brown rewards those who communicate effectively and frequently, works well with others and produces a lot of written research for the firm at large to consume. Based in Baltimore, it is very proud of its Maryland roots, and anyone seeking employment at Brown should be prepared to embrace the city of Baltimore.
Pros
Team work oriented culture, stable environment
Cons
compensation
Can you say, "Revolving door"???
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2013
Worked here a little over a year. It's not the company as much as it is the hiring leadership. They do not know what they want. Too many moving targets, fires to put out, and reactive situations.

If you are a proactive employee, don't even consider them.
Pros
Nice location.
Cons
Poor hiring practices; too many moving targets. They don't know what they want.