BRP Employee Reviews

CNC Machinist
CNC Machinist II (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIAugust 25, 2019
Since the company went public employees became expendable. Seniority was no longer the key factor in keeping your job. It then became a popularity contest with management and supervisors. The company forced those making the most money(senior machinist) to take a pension package or relocated to the line. They dont care about you having a life outside of work. Worked on third and forced to work an hour and two hours early. BRP life is work. If you dont work on first you wont have a voice with management. BRP lacks communication. We recently got a new supervisor and never got any notifications that we had a new supervisor. The pay is good. Have had a repay freeze for the past2years along with a pay cut. Loved my fellow coworkers. Leads/supervisors quick to write you up. Unless you've brown nosed enough to management. Overtime was also given out to those who brown nosed or on first shift. Down to first and third shift. Third shift doe 70 percent of the work.
Not the best place to work at.
BRP G2 production line assembler. (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIAugust 5, 2019
No benefits and very hard to get raises. You show up to work not knowing if you are going to work all-day or just have a day. Plus they are always firing people on the slow seasons of the year.
The sorries to work for.
Glue Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spruce PineAugust 5, 2019
The management. Supervisors and team leaders don't know nothing.they treated you you like dirt.tge plant manager said that we would never get full time.the temps did not get nothing but a hard time and plenty of that.It needs to shut down and move away.
Enjoyed working with the HR team
Human Resources Professional (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJune 11, 2019
Job security is closely tied to market conditions and product sales.
Large downsizing initiative in 2014.
Growth happening in 2019.
Employee perks.
Nice an clean environment. Great lunch room with cooks.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 20, 2019
I do enjoy working there but I'm don't feel I will ever advance in that place. But the people are great always willing to help an show u the ropes. The management could do a little better on keeping us in the loop. Another then that I do recommend it an u have got people to come out and work there.
Pros
Good people. Clean place an great lunch room.
Cons
Take to long to get hired in an sometime never do
forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 30, 2018
load quality workers up with work. put away materials that theyve completed. put things away in quality racks that come from the dock to the quality area.
easy work and with nice people
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 16, 2018
It was an easy job and everyone was helpful , I like the way the work was step were we would pick items and then package them. I would go back if possible.
Pros
no OT
Cons
boring
fun place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 10, 2018
The people that work there are very informative and helpful. The workplace culture there is fun and competitive to succeed in the company and for the company.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Layoff's
Incredible Company to Work For!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 15, 2018
Truly an innovative company who a diverse portfolio, standing out the most is the leadership running the Powersports Divisions from Sales to Net Dev all truly mean to grow and succeed. I have been challenged in more ways imaginable with different projects with each one allowing me to learn something new and being truly grateful. Advancement is more then possible as the company grows more and more, with the new Dallas HQ for US there are an abundance of jobs an opportunity to move within the company. Highly recommend as it has changed my life forever!
Pros
Innovative, Leader in Powersports, Growing Rapidly
Cons
Good place to start in warehouse/ factory
Quality Auditor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJanuary 9, 2018
Overrall it's a good place to work but not a good place if you're seeking growth. The quality department is the best, I highly recommend it...........!
great product, quality standards high, professional in many ways.
Journeyman, Electrical Machine Repair (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 31, 2017
high paced, well informed, team atmosphere.
did not want to leave, not enough hours available weekly, 35 hrs. a week available for months, and stop contributing to 401k and stopped bonus. loved the Evenrude product.
Pros
discounts on BRP products
Cons
the boating industry follows the economy, 08 on was tough years for recreation products
Dan 15 minutos para el tomar cafè
Jardinero,comerciante,carpintero (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
Es muy bueno el trabajo, ja sido el mejor trabajo que DIOS de ja dado.
a very nice place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMay 14, 2017
I loved to work at brp it's the best place to work in the area. the environment is very good they always would like you to learn more in many different departments.
Extremely stressful, overworked, underpaid
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 29, 2017
Not a good experience for me. Trouble with some co-workers. Way too much work for one person. Management did not seem to care. They were somewhat understanding when I had to leave for family business.
Brp life
Touch Up (Former Employee) –  Benton, ILApril 13, 2017
Typical day was sanding, painting and pushing parts out to floor to be finished and prepped for shipping. Learned somewhat how to work on fiberglass boats and prepping them. Management was good, gave you space to learn your position and critiqued you in areas where you may be struggling. Hardest part was learning how to mix your paint. Most enjoyable part was again, seeing your workmanship going out. Fun job at times
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
painting
Friendly and helpful coworkers, productive environment
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 30, 2017
Management and coworkers at BRP are friendly and helpful. Typical day is work-heavy but manageable. The hardest part was communicating between departments, but the environment within departments was great.
Good work, bad management
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 5, 2017
The job was easy, and the pay average. they do a possible temp-to-hire after 1 year, which is far longer than almost any other company. I was let go after asking questions about equal compensation during a group Q&A after they reduced wages for new hires, and put a freeze in at $19/hour, when they froze other employees at $21/hour.
Pros
easy work, decent pay after a few years.
Cons
management expects you to be quiet and not ask questions, even with legalities.
Was a very good company to work for
Line worker for multiple lines in the factory (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working here and worked very hard to get to the point of where I was at. I miss this work place but I feel I have more room for advancement where I am at now
Pros
good pay and paid time off
Cons
short breaks and no communication between upper managment and workers
Good if you like hard work.
Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WINovember 29, 2016
Not enough people on some lines, supervisors can be jerks, pay is good though. They moved me to different lines, which I didn't like. Would've preferred to stay in one area permanently
Fun exciting place to work.
Test Pilot (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 18, 2016
Test riding atv's and seadoo equipment for future product realease. Hardest part of the job would be the weather conditions being outside all of the time. Riding in the heat and rain.
Pros
Riding state of the art equipment before release to public.
Cons
No full time positions and no health care for part time employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRP. Our community is ready to answer.