Bruegger's Bagels Employee Reviews

The worst job ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 13, 2019
It's filthy bad management mess up on your pay checks they never give you a raise after a year or more the worst job I ever had in my life no tips you work for pennys
Pros
Cons
Short break 15 mins
Great Manager, great first job with a fun work environment.
Shift Supervisor & Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 10, 2019
Frequently understaffed but it's not the manager's fault. Low pay in money, high pay if you count all the food and drink benefits that come with the job.
Pros
Free Food and Drinks
Cons
low pay, exhausting, standing all the time
Great Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 7, 2019
Great place with kind customers and co-workers. The food is fantastic and half off for general staff. The leadership is fantastic and very encouraging.
Pros
Half off all items on the menu, friendly staff, friendly customers.
Fast paced stressful work
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 3, 2019
Not a bad job but it is very stressful and fast paced. Customers can be rude and since customers can customize their food it is quite easy to mess up and customers to get upset with you.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Long hours and rude customer
Fine Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJune 3, 2019
Fine fast food job and the main manager is great. I enjoyed the job in the beginning, but there is too much drama for a part-time job. I would recommend it to anyone who just needs some money.
Cons
No free food
Not promotable
Training General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 2, 2019
The company does not promote from within, the managers are not paid enough. Otherwise not a bad place to work, the regular guests make it fun. The regular staff have a blast
Pros
Everyone has fun at work
Cons
Better benefits
Great food and service
Cashier / Sandwich Maker / Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 30, 2019
Great people good managers food amazing always clean shelves stocked quick fast service really good menu good coffee selection also can purchase the spreads as take home
Productive and laid back
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2019
Working here was fun, relaxed, great pay, the staff and management were very understanding and everyone worked together as a team to get the job done.
My boss was amazing. He was fun and energetic but also serious when it came down to it. My staff was amazing always willing to go out of thier way to help others.
Bruegger's Bagels
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20535May 28, 2019
It was great. The customers were very diverse. I met a lot of people that worked around the area of the store. The staff were nice and friendly. The food was the best thing.
summer fun in the sun
Kitchen Staff- Cook (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 18, 2019
it was a decent summer work experience. A typical day at work was very laid back and enjoyable but very fast paced. There would always be alot of customers at the door.
Judgemental and Unforgiving Management
Lead Baker (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAMay 16, 2019
Had the management been less hostile, this would have been a perfect job. All other employees were extremely friendly and passionate about their work. However, the manager was not accepting of mental diversity and personal medical decisions that temporarily impacted work ability. If you are a perfectly "normal" person with no health, social or mental disabilities, you'll get alone just fine there. I left after seeing the way they treat and gossip about their mentally ill employees.
Pros
Discount food at all times
Cons
Hostile environment
Klasse Kollegen, kein Kontakt mit die Geschäftsführung
Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA, USAMay 16, 2019
Man fühlte sich immer von die Mitarbeiter unterstützt.
Pros
Nette Kollegen
Cons
Sehr langweiliges Arbeit
It's been 10 years since I've worked there but it wasn't as closely managed as it could have been.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 12, 2019
I worked at the Queensbury store as well as the Saratoga Springs store, both no longer active. Track season in Saratoga was pretty crazy and stressful. I enjoyed being able to create delicious and appealing sandwiches and bagels. It allowed for me to take great pride in my creations.
Pros
crafting my perfect bagels and sandwiches
Cons
miserable staff and crazy hours
Horrible Management
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 29, 2019
The manager L was absolutely horrible. She had no sympathy for college students, would refuse to give college students vacation time, unorganized. The place was always dirty and she did not care. If you were to work overtime or over your scheduled time, you were not paid extra. And you would have to beg to take your break with her refusing to give you a break sometimes although that is against the law.
Pros
Free food, hours, paid weekly
Cons
everything else
Good for high school or part time
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 25, 2019
Good for high school or part time, but not a great place to work. Upper management is a mess, offering little to no support to their teams. Hours are long and stressful, pay is very low (even by industry standards), but the benefit package offered is alright, considering the company.
Pros
Benefits are ok, free food
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no support from management
Not available.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2019
I would prefer not to submit any type of review summary at this time. My time at Bruggers was somewhat stressful and a bit complicated to put in words.
Fun but stressful place to work
Baker/Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bexley, OHApril 23, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Brugger's, but my opportunities for advancement were somewhat limited. I worked back of the house for the first six months, which was fun. It could be stressful during busy times, but still a lot of fun. Working front of the house was very stressful for me. There was a lot of information to remember to keep on top of customer orders.
outgoing environment and high speed
Shift Supervisor | Avon (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTApril 20, 2019
Can be a long day
everyone must work together at all times (teamwork is a must)
new company is not the best but is structured
policies are to be followed
great place to work for a beginner
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 20, 2019
I have been with Brueggers for over 6 years and love it there. But I came from a corporate environment where things were done very differently and now working for a franchise has been a tough change for me. I would never leave Brueggers if it wasn't time for me to get off my feet.
Pros
Free meals, Credit card tips, close at 4pm
Poor management, Fast paced and Relaxed environment.
Worker (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 17, 2019
A year plus in brueggers was rough to say the least. Lets get the pros out of the way. My location paid decent and if you really pressed management you could achieve $10/hr + pay as a supervisor. I stress if you press them. The work environment was relaxed and chill, but that led to problems with having little to no structure. Oh aslo you get PTO as a supervisor, not as team member. Basically anything below supervisor is quite terrible. There aren’t specific roles you strictly follow so that leaves you responsible for way too much, corporate wants labor% low so you are CONSTANTLY understaffed (like 2-4 ppl working all day) and brueggers caters to , typically, a very affluent demanding community that expects chikfila/olive garden quality FAST, so written complaints along with verbal assaults are per usual multiple times a week. And management is underpowered and can be very very poor. Overall pay is okay for supervisors, wack for TMs, too much expected of EVERYONE, and not enough help coupled with angry customers leads to burnt out workers. In my year plus turnover was extremely high
(employees lasted on avg about 2-10 weeks and not b/c they were fired). Bad job...cool people.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Stress, Pay, Management, Understaffed