Bruegger's Bagels Employee Reviews

A great first job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy working at Bruegger's. A typical day involves prepping food for the day, preparing sandwiches, cleaning, stocking and using the cash register. I have learned to be more patient and how to multitask better. My manager is a kind person who works very hard. The culture is laid back and fun. The hardest part is waking up early. The most enjoyable part of the day is laughing with my co-workers and enjoying the job.
Pros
close early, nice workers
Cons
hours
Im a baker
Baker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2018
I worked at the store in Oakland as a baker and the job itself wasn't too bad. The reason I left is pay. They only paid me $9.75 an hour and I don't feel as though that's really fair compensation for getting up at 3am every day and only being able to work 5 hour shifts. The lifestyle messes with your whole day, always tired, and you don't have a normal sleep schedule at all. I don't think it's worth it at that rate and after talking to my manager the company isn't really interested in giving out any raises.
Pros
Discount on bagels
Cons
Hesitant to work with you on pay
Not fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 29, 2018
Very few moments where the job was enjoyable. Majority of the time, the enjoyment came from customers because they are not part of the 'behind the scenes' aspects of the company.
Fast paced and stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 28, 2018
Brueggers was a fast paced and stressful job. The hours were long and the pay was not great. The store manager at the time was amazing and tried to help out as best, but the district managers at the time made work very difficult
Pros
Free lunch
Overworked & underpaid
Crew Memeber (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 27, 2018
Fast pace environment you have to be fast & remember a long list of orders all at once including a whole menu. Management was poor & unprofessional...
Definitely a first job type of job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 23, 2018
Bruegger's isn't exactly the ideal place to work unless you're okay with egg grease steaming on your forehead, floors so dirty you might slip even with slip-resistant shoes...., customers with attitudes because you are left to tend to multiple people alone, and excessive amounts of work for little pay and no benefits. Getting hours here is hard because the company is not generous with hours and although management is nice at this store, it isn't the best. The manager is kind and understanding but also lies.
Pros
kind manager
Cons
unfair pay, no benefits, excessive workload
Fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJune 21, 2018
This is a good entry level job. It is fast paced and fun, however I wouldn't recommend the management aspect of it. I was not paid well at all, by comparison or at any rate in general. A lot of responsibility even for just a supervisor, and my pay level was just above minimum.
In my experience...
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIJune 18, 2018
Low/unfair pay- I have been working here for two years, someone with less experience getting paid a dollar more than I am (she's been working for 5 months.)
Pros
50% employee discount on food, free drinks
Cons
low pay
Fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 18, 2018
Fun Job. worked there for about 3 years as shift lead during High School. There was a team aspect that nearly every new recruit thrived off of. Working there is great if you have good co-workers -- otherwise it wasn't the best place to work.
Working hours are good because no late evenings required.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 16, 2018
Company is going trhu mayor transitioning to a biger company. The culture being tranfer to Bruegger’s Bagels is not solid yet. It’s a great place to work for coffee lovers.
Pros
No late night requiere
Cons
Mayor corporate changes
Customers and coworkers and food are great
Server (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 16, 2018
Every place is going to have the occasional rude customer; it's unavoidable. However, they were very rare.

My coworkers were friendly people and I got along great with them, and even the customers were friendly (especially the regulars, save for one man whom we had to walk on eggshells for, but again, bad seeds are unavoidable, and the good ones far outweighed the bad).

The manage I had at the time was lazy, uncaring, incredibly rude, and would make you work when you were sick (which is a HUGE health violation). She later got fired for doing meth though.

It could get stressful at times, as any job will, especially for someone like me that suffers heavily from sever anxiety and depression, and has insomnia which made working the breakfast shift pretty stressful at times.

But I'd still go back there to work if I had to. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
free meal, friendly staff, friendly customers
Cons
cramped working area
Good
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 11, 2018
I liked working at Bruegger's and my boss was really understanding. I mostly did stocking, but I didn't mind too much and was able to complete my tasks on time.
Not Good
Baker, Shift Supervisor, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 11, 2018
when I first started the job , it within itself was amazing. A friendly work environment . After the new boss came into the store, the vibe changed and it seemed as if a dark cloud weighed heavy over the store in itself . The workplace itself was sloppy, crew members walk as if they were not properly taught.
Pros
good food.. Occasionally
Cons
Rude Manager, poor Time Management
The greatest team, the worst customers
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAJune 10, 2018
The team I currently work with is the best. Everyone is friends, we text each other, and our general manager is a good guy. However, it gets way too crazy on the weekends. I'm on my feet for hours and the customers we get have very little patience. Not sure if it's because of the area but they are very rude compared to previous jobs I've had. We get long lines at all times on the weekends and the tips we get don't reflect that.
Pros
nice team members, free food, good communication
Cons
rude customers, hard work, not enough pay
very busy
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 8, 2018
In this store it gets very hectic and as a new employee they expect you to know everything and the employees do their stuff one way and the manager is to hard on employees , she says mean stuff
Pros
free lunch
Cons
dont like the manger
Fast casual bakery-cafe
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belmont, MA 02478June 7, 2018
Seemed like a pretty standard food service environment. There was a lot of work to and we were often short-staffed, but supervisors and manager were good. Internal mobility seemed high from what I could tell.
Fun atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJune 4, 2018
workers were all nice to eachother, hardworking and fun job. Gets busy a lot. I enjoyed working there and I respect the management of the establishment there
A good job for teenagers or other young adults
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJune 3, 2018
Bruegger's provided a good platform for one to enter the workforce. Working in a bakery also sparked my interest in the food service industry. Though it was an easy job, it is definitely temporary and not something that would be beneficial in the long term.
enjoyable work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2018
I enjoyed my job and the tips were nice. I would have liked to stay but the bakery closed. They were flexible with me and i was able to care for my child.
Fast paced and Yummy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 27, 2018
A shift will be full of making bagel sandwiches, making specialty drinks, preparing and pouring coffee, and interacting with customers through the drive through or at the cash registers inside.