Bruegger's Bagels

• Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun workplace, positive enegry

If you want to work in a place where people are positive always happy really great energy and flexible hours I would recommend working at Bruegger's because the hours are from 6 to 3 and most people who do have children I feel that they can work around those hours and teenagers to if they wanted summer job it's really great it's a good experience and we have so many different cream cheeses.

Pros

50% discounts for team meals

Cons

Management needs work

Great for College Students! Friendly Management!

I enjoyed working at Bruegger's Bagels! The job itself is pretty easy-- either make sandwiches or work the cash register. The hours are great too! Most locations close by 5:00pm or 6:00pm, so there are never any late nights. I was in College and they were very accommodating when it came to scheduling. Everyone in management was friendly and understanding. The starting pay was minimum wage, that was the only downfall. Great work environment!

Pros

Easy Job, Minimal Dirty Dishes, Free Food!

Cons

Not Many Locations, Minimum Wage

Good job for you g kids that need work

Applied to one location but was asked to work at another location that was much further away because there was more opportunity to advance. Two years later still making the same pay with no chance to ever move up and am currently looking to make a career change.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Most days no breaks because of short handed staff and people who refuse to work on the weekends

Food is great

Food is great feel meal for supervisors and half price for team members. The company overall is OK. Management is terrible. The pay is alright depending on your job.

A job for teens

If you’re a teen or in college this is a good fit… however there was never an opportunity for advancement and management played favoritism. Also of you ask for raises some people got them based on the favoritism and the harder workers would get 10 cents if they’re lucky. Idk i enjoyed the laughs and the fun of working with my friends but was always under pressure to work faster with no rate increase and belittled constantly.

Pros

Discount on food, the shifts went by fast because you’re always busy

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, rude management and drama

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Fun place to work

We do have a lot of fun. The benefits are great, I am paid well. My coworkers are respectful. We are a diverse group of employees. That makes it more fun.

Pros

Free food, smoothies, coffee

Cons

I want to learn more

All Gas No Breaks

Incredibly hot inside with a large oven for baking, plus smaller ovens on the line, and the A/C was never working and never fixed in my time there. No concern showed for the employees.

Pros

Free bagel

Cons

Lack of A/C, Low compensation

No stress qork environment

Great place to work. With friendly staff that is exactly what makes it such a positive place to earn money and work your way. With easy incentives plus tips is always a plus.

Depends on Location

My experience at Bruegger's really depended on location, the first branch I worked could never offer me more than 10 hours per week, the second location was a good place to be, and the 3rd location was poor.

Pros

free bagels, like all the time

Cons

short breaks, burns, stressful weekends

A fun fast paced environment

In a supervisory role it is what you make of it if you hire the wrong people your work is stressful the hours are long and you feel underappreciated it if you hire the right team the job is enjoyable and fun! The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence it does have its problems although the work life balance is top-notch and it's a fast-paced job with the time more often than not flies by.

Pros

Good benefits and work life balance

Cons

Can be a little short on the pay and the raises

Good job

Overall a good job, had benefits available. Would get one meal per shift. The hours were good and it wasn’t too stressful besides rush periods. Good bagels

Fun staff, somewhat inconsistent hours

Employee's got along well, most shifts ran smoothly and were fairly enjoyable. Sometimes if there was a call out or a rush the work day could get very stressful, but overall a decent place to work if you dont mind odd hours.

Pros

Good work environment, tasty breakfast

Cons

Mostly part time, so the pay is not enough to get by on its own.

Great company, great employees, great food

Team oriented, flexible hours, great work atmosphere, good leadership, great bagel sandwiches and soups , and cant forget about the salads. Nice hours if you're in school.

Not Great, never horrible.

It's a step above fast food without the stress of a restaurant. Everything is pretty straight forward and dummy proofed. Training consists of watching videos then hands on testing. I never known anyone to fail at getting hired barring a background check.

Pros

Free food, tip share, fairly relaxed enviroment.

Cons

Short breaks, not the best pay.

Apply

Work-life balanceWhen I worked there on N. University campus area. I loved it. The GM I had was extremely helpful, professional, and I would work for him again if he was still there. Days moved smooth and quickly.Pay & benefitsThis job will always be my favorite starter job in the bakery scene.Job security and advancementYour able to climb the ladder with your performance. Apply here.ManagementMy GM was awesome and very respectful.Assistants Managers same. Trained me very well And the Manager of all managers. Made sure to check on how things were being handled. He also loved horror movies so yes that's a two thumbs up.OverallNothing but love for this place 💕 ❤ 💗 💛 💓 💖 💕 ❤ 💗 💛 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Too much work for too little pay

If you're looking for an easy part-time job, this is not the job for you. The pay is $10 per hour and you are constantly on your feet. At the end of a shift, I legitimately had sore feet. There are a multitude of part-time jobs that have the same pay and a lot less work. The environment is extremely fast-paced.

Pros

Free bagels

Cons

Short breaks

Productive and Fun

The people there are really sweet and always help you keep on task , and they encourage you to be your best and always do your best. It’s a really great environment to work in if this is your first job.

Pros

Free Food and Drinks

Cons

No breaks if you work under a 6hr shift

Fun place to work with great management, but a lack of good compensation.

I started working at Bruegger's Bagels in 2012, and left in February 2020 after I finished college. Overall, I had a great experience working with this company. I was promoted to Shift Supervisor, and there were talks of me moving up further. However, I found that their pay scale is not up to par, especially where the world is heading in terms of compensation. After 8 years, I was only making $12/hr. I would say that unless you want to have a career here, then it's obviously a stepping stone job. So, the pay could be almost forgiven in that sense. I had great management, and the work wasn't tough at all. I enjoyed my time there, but it was time for me to move on, especially when it came to compensation.

Pros

Good management. You'll learn many life lessons. Work environment.

Cons

Pay

long hours, low pay

What can I say, the review summary explains it all. Long hours, 50 hours plus/week, very little pay. Most of the time the manager is working in line with crew members. Labor margins are very low which forces the managers/assistant managers to work the line. If you are looking for a place to work as a managers, this would not be it.

The fact that they come out with new sandwiches but as far as management it sucks

Dnt like management or the staff nobody shows for work on time and they r very slow and management does nothing about it and this is the cleveland hopkins airport brueggers bagel

Pros

The only pro ill give is that brueggers comes out with diff sandwiches

Cons

No healthcare no paid time off and barely any breaks arw given

Catch me doing the wrong thing

I enjoyed being a Manager for Brueggers. I found, as a morning person, the job was a great fit for me. My team of peers and subordinates was exemplary. From my direct Supervisor up- the culture was given great lip service- but not practiced. It's a shame.

Pros

Great product- excellent benefits

Cons

Turnover at the top levels and hypocrisy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bruegger's Bagels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Bruegger's Bagels with

• Bruegger's Bagels
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?