Bruegger's Bagels

• Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun workplace, positive enegry

If you want to work in a place where people are positive always happy really great energy and flexible hours I would recommend working at Bruegger's because the hours are from 6 to 3 and most people who do have children I feel that they can work around those hours and teenagers to if they wanted summer job it's really great it's a good experience and we have so many different cream cheeses.

Pros

50% discounts for team meals

Cons

Management needs work

Good employee moral

working at this bakery has given me a certain experience of baking skills. managers are very respectful and they help on mostly everything you ask for.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short breaks

Horrible place to work

No matter if you do well in your job or not they always find something to talk down to you about. If you take a job here expect to spend an hour a week being told what you do wrong. They never give praise for putting in your best effort.

Company going downhill

This job might be okay for a high school student looking for extra bucks but management is low paid. You will work 60+ hours a week. Upper management changed so frequently I never met most of them. One lasted just 5 days. Most of the stores around here have closed

Pros

Decent bagels

Cons

ok for high school work

Horrible management

They would always send out the work week schedules late (the night before/day of), short staffed all the time, flies everywhere and on food, not enough inventory, etc.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

The manager and owners

They are amazing to work with and very flexible it is amazing honestly just trying to get my profile set up and it is annoying about the minimum letter count sorry yall but what I said is true about working here

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Sometimes overworked

Loved working for brueggers for years

Brueggers paid great and took care of its employees. The food was good and they would always offer to feed us. Brueggers started its employees at a fair wage and always offered raises. Management was always fair but stern and kept the customers as happy as they could and i really loved that about the place. Unfortunately the company who owns Panera Bread bought out brueggers and ruined most if not all recipes to make the place more for trending hipster style customers when most customers are older folk who just want a bagel and coffee which is what brought about my leave. If im going to work with food i need to actually be able to enjoy the food and not be disgusted having to put vegetable cream cheese into tuna fish among other things.

This was the most fun and fulfilling job I've ever had. If I hadn't decided to move back home to Michigan, I would have been there forever. The company is awesome and the benefits are terrific.

Great place to work if you used to love meth

The person who was manager when I was hired was great, everyone got their hours and time off, we all got along well. Then the new manager arrived and hired all his former employees and friends. Our hours were cut and given to the new people who were incredibly lazy and gone frequently for drug court, yet he gave them weekends off, 40 hours a week and raises. Obviously the quality of service fell and regulars started letting us know they were unhappy with the new manager but his best friend is the district manager and gave him the job so she didn't care. He is underqualified and honestly doesn't care.

Pros

Closed by 4

Cons

A manager who is there to hangout, most of the employees are toothless, former meth heads, some are probably still using, being surrounded by subpar people who don't know words with more than 1 syllable

Great place to work with flexible hours

Wonderful employees to work with, and a flexible schedule. No late nights, but early mornings. Friendly environment and also get a decent amount in tips.

Nice place to work

Typical day at work is the routine of the business. The guest are pleasant and the product is wonderful. Hours of operations are amazing for manager.

benefits

Cons

Holding people accountable

Nope

Not for me, needs some changes. Good people but if you like working 60 plus hours a week this is your place. Not great benefits or vacation time. Not recommended

Very stressful

Corporate cut labor hours making it very stressful as a manager to schedule a comfortable staff. Even after raising menu prices labor hours still went down

This is a step up from McDonald’s

Bruegger’s bagels isn’t a bad job at all. It is better than working at McDonald’s but there always better. The hours are there somewhat. The employees you working with you make your team work better.

Honestly I can’t say

They don’t live up to what they tell you in the interview and it explain why no one wants to work here. One if you are going to hire new people it should be some balance to help get you trained. Second it should be a level of respect and communication for new hire who don’t know the job well.

Pros

Free food and Tips

Cons

No benefits, lack of training and need better communicate skills from manager.

Eh

It’s an okay job if you don’t have a life outside of work. I became a shift supervisor within 3 months of working there. I got up every morning at 3 to open the store bc no more one else would and would close every Saturday and Sunday bc everyone else had kids and couldn’t. However I was fired bc I got dehydrated and couldn’t make it to work. I was never asked for a doctors excuse or anything. Management suck. They give you a position and then stop doing their job and make you do all of it. I loved the job but hated the people I worked with.

Pros

Cons

No benefits. Unpaid breaks. Management.

The worst job ever

It's filthy bad management mess up on your pay checks they never give you a raise after a year or more the worst job I ever had in my life no tips you work for pennys

Pros

Cons

Short break 15 mins

Great Manager, great first job with a fun work environment.

Frequently understaffed but it's not the manager's fault. Low pay in money, high pay if you count all the food and drink benefits that come with the job.

Pros

Free Food and Drinks

Cons

low pay, exhausting, standing all the time

Not promotable

The company does not promote from within, the managers are not paid enough. Otherwise not a bad place to work, the regular guests make it fun. The regular staff have a blast

Pros

Everyone has fun at work

Cons

Better benefits

Horrible Management

The manager L was absolutely horrible. She had no sympathy for college students, would refuse to give college students vacation time, unorganized. The place was always dirty and she did not care. If you were to work overtime or over your scheduled time, you were not paid extra. And you would have to beg to take your break with her refusing to give you a break sometimes although that is against the law.

Pros

Free food, hours, paid weekly

Cons

everything else

Good for high school or part time

Good for high school or part time, but not a great place to work. Upper management is a mess, offering little to no support to their teams. Hours are long and stressful, pay is very low (even by industry standards), but the benefit package offered is alright, considering the company.

Pros

Benefits are ok, free food

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bruegger's Bagels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight