Brunswick Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work place
VP Operations, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island FloridaAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work , very people oriented and great opportunities for advancement. Offers multiple opportunities since they are present in. a number of countries, They continue to grow in a number of fields and their financial performance is very solid
Disorganized and poorly managed.
CREW LEADER (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJuly 26, 2018
Management is very poor. Have little knowledge of jobs to be performed. Supply is a joke. Material quality is very poor. If you can get it. Engineering is former line workers. With no engineering back ground. Problem solving and design issues are out sourced. Costing to much money. Material used to complete project is poorly selected. Example: Exterior vinyl for cushions was not U/V resistant. Causing failure. Who dose this?
Pros
good bennefits
Cons
very poor managment
A good place
Boat Loader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 16, 2018
This is a good place to work the only thing that could be better was letting all depts know what was going on. Sometime the shipping dept did not know if orders were up to dated
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 12, 2018
Brunswick is a great place to work and found many people have been there 30 years +. Was laid off but would go back to work there as felt very much like a family.
NOT a pleasant experience!
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2018
Fast paced - no benefits before 90 days! Hot, dirty, low pay, personal favouritism among employees, difficult work areas where expected to multiple jobs although it wasn't what I was hired to do - I felt like a monkey - trained for the amusement of the management staff. I ruined my personal clothing because no uniforms were offered, nor was there a uniform allowance, or compensation for destroyed clothing while working for this company.

They DON'T value their employees - temporary or permanent! Breaks are too short (20 minutes) and only TWO offered all DAY LONG! You work 10 hour and sometimes 11 hour days without knowing until right before lunch that you have to work over on the same day and sometimes you work on Saturdays. You have to beat the train on BOTH ends of the street (Hadley Rd.) to get to work on time. You can only be late TWICE before being fired. Too much stress for too little pay. They make BILLIONS of dollars a year and pay their employees PEANUTS for what they could pay and don't treat them well. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Pays at least $12.50 an hour to start.
Cons
Bad work experience! Too much drama from the higher ups. Very disorganized!
Desk services, Cook
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 11, 2018
I did a lot off desk relation, like Cashier, to setting up shoe, to running the sound board. Along with making sure the cooking station is well stock, and on the fly any time league bowlers or anybody else needed anything. Management was cool, every thing a joy to work for.
Brusnwick Corporation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILMay 7, 2018
Unless you are a high level employee, don't expect job security, good pay increases or any other perks. Managers are put in place who do not have the qualifications to lead the departments they are responsible for.
Cons
2 week vacation unless you are higher up or negotiate an extra week. If you do negotiate, don't expect anymore until you are here 15 years. Policiess don't apply to corporate HR.
Great Culture. Great Benefits. Great Company.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
I have nothing negative to say about Brunswick. It's a great company with a lot of opportunity for growth. The company also has amazing benefits. Including: 401k and match, great health, bonus and merit increases etc.
Customer Service - Lowell, MI
Sales/Customer Service Attwood (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIApril 16, 2018
Very poorly managed, especially the customer service department. HR and the president could careless even though they have been told time & time again by several different employees. Very high turnover rate due to management issues. Benefits are okay except for the health insurance, very high out of pocket before they cover anything. My co-workers were wonderful if only the higher-ups would have taken their employees complaint seriously.
The Brunswick Culture
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILApril 13, 2018
Brunswick has the best company culture that you can look for with a large employer. The company rewards their employees with generous time off, stock options, yearly merit increases and solid medical benefits. The atmosphere is inviting and filled with hard working leaders and employees who truly have a team player attitude.
Pros
New Office, Flavored Water Machines, Company Gym
Cons
I do not have Cons to list
Strategic Commodity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 8, 2018
At the time of my employment, Brunswick was a fortune 500 company. It has been sold off and is now retained as a smaller business. I think the atmosphere is now different.
regional manager
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 30, 2018
As the regional manager I traveled to many states and places hoping to mentor and help the site managers soar in creating more revenue for their centers. I worked with them in how to plan events, how to market events and how to deal with the public in a positive way.
Pros
Working with many teams
Cons
travel
Prepare to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 23, 2018
Overall, I love working with the company but there are many days where I just feel over worked. Often times I feel as though I am doing everyone’s job. Some days are relaxed but most you are stuck, especially as a shift lead. When people don’t do their positions task you get the short end of the stick and have to pick up their slack.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Rarely get actual breaks
not a bad job to have but very physical for the pay.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  New York Mills, MNMarch 21, 2018
I don't mind working here. they have decent benefits. it is a very physical job however, and they are very quick to cut your work if you are injured instead of accommodating you for small things.
Greedy owners
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 13, 2018
The people who run the company have no vested interest in the business other than to pocket the profits that are left after expenses. The purchase of Brunswick was a real estate deal. They have no interest in the businesses that are sitting on the land.
Horrible place to work.
Manufacturing engineer (Former Employee) –  Fon Du lac WI.March 11, 2018
Stay away horrible management.Very cut throat no a team environment very high turn over.Very stressful place to work loads of drama.A burn and turn environment.
Benefits
Cons
Very poor management
snack bar manager
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2018
i would cook food clean and server beer i cleaned and also do orders for us and ran the reg hired people trained bank stocked and cleaned bar and snack bar
Love it here!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILFebruary 26, 2018
The culture at Brunswick is collaborative and progressive. And, even though we are a large business - we're small enough that people don't get lost. Also, so many employees are consumers of the products we manufacture so it elevates the level of passion people have which is really unique and extra special.

While no business is perfect, most of the business leaders at the Director or VP level that I work with are incredibly good at what they do, and have the leadership capability you would desire or expect.

All in all, since I joined two years ago I am constantly impressed by the innovation and creativity happening here, how open the teams are to challenging the status quo and implementing change into the organization and truly having the ability to design your own career path as long as you put in the work and show your worth.
Nice work environment
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Very nice facility with a lot amenities. Do not have much more to say. Didn't work there very long. Would have liked to but work had declined. I was the last temp to be hire so first to go
Brunswick
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  New York Mills, MNFebruary 2, 2018
The pay was good, and we did get a lot of time off. My supervisor was fair and he made sure u had the things you need. I've learned lots of things on building boats and ever since i've worked there, ive been knowing lots more on how to fix alot of things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunswick Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight