Brunswick Corporation

Brunswick Corporation Employee Reviews

United States183 reviews
This company and its employees have been around for a long time. There are a lot of deep relationships and bonds formed here and it manifests itself in the strong work-life balanced culture.
Do you like working 10 hours a day or more, Monday- Friday? Do you like having to work a full 8 hours on Saturday after that? How about working in a culture where everyone who works in the office is considered good, smart, and hardworking while those working in the warehouse are considered lazy and ignorant? If you don’t like that, let me sweeten the pot for you. The operations manager has been there 6 months. In that time he has not once tried to understand how the warehouse operates. If you have an idea he does not like, be prepared to be called names and told how wrong you are. He once referred to a Supervisor as “special” in front of the other supervisors when said supervisor asked for clarification on a project. The Vice President has never run a Distribution facility and it shows. Even if you beat the plan for the month which we did constantly, you will be told how wrong everything is that you are doing. If this sounds like a place you want to work, then by all means apply here. You have been warned.
Great place to work, opportunities are numerous and you are rarely overlooked for your contributions!! There is opportunities for advancement if you put in the work to achieve it!
Pros
Growth and advancement
Cons
Sometimes working knowledge is overshadowed by people with college knowledge
Sets up the employee for failure,
Implements unfair conduct policies,

Unorganized as a company with no

Clear vision forward,

Compensation not even close to what it should be as a powered vehicle operator.

Absolutely no support from "management".

So glad that I have moved on.
I've worked for the company over a year now and love working with the people I have had the opportunity to collaborate with. The projects I have been assigned to has always been very interesting and there hasn't been a single day so far that I haven't woken up and not feel excited to come in.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Super long hours in the sweltering Florida sun doing very physical work on a super long CEMENT dock from sun up to sundown. My feet were extremely sore to the extent I could barely walk, and ended up with plantar fasciaitis, an EXTREMELY painful condition.
To make matters worse, this is a low paying job, dependent on tips, which was supposed to be tip shared based on honesty. I saw co -workers pocket $20.00 bills every day often. When my "training" period was over and I was supposed to be included in the tip share, I wasn't included. Enough was enough. I quit.

On the plus side, great scenery on the water.
Brunswick sold fitness division to private equity group in 2019. Sales have decreased significantly in recent years. Boating division is doing well.
Pros
Name Recognition
Cons
Poor corporate culture
Great people to work with and a great product. The amount of detail and effort put in place is awesome. Good overall benefits and pay. No complaints. management does a good job over all
You are just a number that is all. You do not matter to the company. They force you to work in unhealthy conditions. When you have a accident they will say it Didn't I it happened at work?
Pros
Watch yourself if your not part of the good ol' boys club.
Constantly laying people off then they will regroup and hire again.

The human resources department does not know what their doing whatsoever. If your looking for job stability then look to work elsewhere because you won't find it here.
Mi valoración es baja puesto que el puesto de trabajo era en Portugal con bajo salario y mucho esfuerzo físico.
Except upper management, they'll keep those things around in a zombie apocalypse (no brains, no threat), what clueless, 'buzz-word' and board-member kiss-ups they are. They do NOT concern themselves with the 'lowly worker'. HR could give a darn about the worker, they serve their Board masters. 'Management' has utterly no clue what an actual workers does, nor what they think, so long as they keep their cushy and empty-headed jobs.

Can't provide product so they will kill the actual workers. A classic example of 'Air on the top, meat on the bottom'. And the Air will always bite throats to stay in the air zone.

The higher one gets here, the more useless they get to be.
Good company besides that Management changes frequently. Doesn’t allow for much of a future when all management changes on a daily basis. That is all I can say
They offer great benefits with bonuses 401k matching and health benefits. Hours are good with possible over time, and the pay is great for the area...
Work your butt off and still get yelled at or talked down to...A lot of drama between workers. Some supervisors are serious jerks. There are (were) good people there. Stay on the good side of the bosses, or else.
They dont promote from within. Regardless of what they tell you.
Major issues with diversity and inclusion. But at the end of the day

No one is held hostage so as much as we all like to complain we can always find a better or at least different job.
Good company with great innovations but not enough focus on improving toxic culture in some departments. Some really great people overall and amazing products.
Loved my job and of course it had challenges but overall a great experience for a long career. The dealers I worked with became my friends built a lot of great relationships.
i got to learn something new and exciting and the coworkers where cool . I had fun learning about the lanes and to see how they work. it was okay job.
Brunswick is a great company to work for. The only downfall for being a field mechanic is the long days of work and sometimes months without going home to see your family. I would recommend to get the experience
I enjoyed working for Brunswick very fast past company, Some management was good some was bad , overtime was exhausting at time a lot was mandated ,many employees didn’t stay at company , their was a massive turnover in this facility , days were long most days 10 to 12 hrs of overtime, was too much for young girls due to having little children at home , some days didn’t go well due to lack of products their were days of waiting
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunswick Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight