Brunswick Corporation Employee Reviews

Perfection area
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 18, 2018
I was expected to do more at same pay as others had to lead with no lead pay had to train people that had never used any of the equipment that had to be used they started hiring people that didn't speak the same language as other so train was extremely hard. I was in the company for a long term to make a living so when they hire people that just don't want to work r not even show up it makes it harder on everyone
Pros
Paid lunches, holidays, great benefits
Cons
They hired people with no experience with power tool expected to training with no training pay
Good Job
Crane Operator At Topsham Station (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 9, 2018
Working here was nice and the area was beautiful. There were a lot of crane lifts and when I was not working on with the crane I was a Hydro Mechanic taking apart and rebuilding the unit
not so great of a place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 5, 2018
Management lied right from the beginning just to get me to come on board.things just never got better, poor management, most of the co-workers were impossible to work with. It is not a very fun place to work at all. So many better places to work I am glad to be out of there.
Pros
only have to work about 12 saturdays a year
Cons
nobody really knows whats going on
Productive and fun
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 30, 2018
I guess u can say i had a fun time working theri the peopl was nice and kind..i like the environment the employees was nice and kind ..the mannager knew what he was doing..he taught me the ropes on what to do on a forklift..and he was kind and generous and supportive..
Pros
Free lunch when they had cook outs
Cons
Short breaks
Intense, thought provoking
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 12, 2018
Very demanding and challenging. Management has a very relaxed way of going about business. I would recommend this job to someone who's energetic due to the fact that there's a lot of walking
Pros
Chance to display talents
Cons
Money
Lied about hiring
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St Paul park, mnAugust 27, 2018
This company hires temps, and some on probation for 45 days before they are hired and become Union. This company finds a reason not to hire you in the 45 days. In 45 days I was there I saw A lot of people come and go. No one was hired.
Cons
What ever the temperature outside was plus, 15 degrees, Standing whole shift, Two 10 min breaks, 1 30 min break, There is a buzzer that goes off when its break time and when to go back to work.
Very productive
Glynn Properties Crew Member 7 (Former Employee) –  Brunswick georgiaAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed my job here thoroughly. It was very exciting. I learned something new everyday. I always looked forward to coming to work. Looking for the same in my next job.
No advance opportunities for the IT development team
Senior System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 21, 2018
The company does not provide career paths for employees that want to advance on their careers. Their yearly goals and review of your performance does not count towards your bonus
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great work place
VP Operations, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island FloridaAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work , very people oriented and great opportunities for advancement. Offers multiple opportunities since they are present in. a number of countries, They continue to grow in a number of fields and their financial performance is very solid
Disorganized and poorly managed.
CREW LEADER (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJuly 26, 2018
Management is very poor. Have little knowledge of jobs to be performed. Supply is a joke. Material quality is very poor. If you can get it. Engineering is former line workers. With no engineering back ground. Problem solving and design issues are out sourced. Costing to much money. Material used to complete project is poorly selected. Example: Exterior vinyl for cushions was not U/V resistant. Causing failure. Who dose this?
Pros
good bennefits
Cons
very poor managment
Great Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 19, 2018
Brunswick is dedicated to it's employees. They have a win program that employees can enter any suggestion they have and it will be considered. All and all a great company.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
10 hour days
A good place
Boat Loader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 16, 2018
This is a good place to work the only thing that could be better was letting all depts know what was going on. Sometime the shipping dept did not know if orders were up to dated
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 12, 2018
Brunswick is a great place to work and found many people have been there 30 years +. Was laid off but would go back to work there as felt very much like a family.
NOT a pleasant experience!
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2018
Fast paced - no benefits before 90 days! Hot, dirty, low pay, personal favouritism among employees, difficult work areas where expected to multiple jobs although it wasn't what I was hired to do - I felt like a monkey - trained for the amusement of the management staff. I ruined my personal clothing because no uniforms were offered, nor was there a uniform allowance, or compensation for destroyed clothing while working for this company.

They DON'T value their employees - temporary or permanent! Breaks are too short (20 minutes) and only TWO offered all DAY LONG! You work 10 hour and sometimes 11 hour days without knowing until right before lunch that you have to work over on the same day and sometimes you work on Saturdays. You have to beat the train on BOTH ends of the street (Hadley Rd.) to get to work on time. You can only be late TWICE before being fired. Too much stress for too little pay. They make BILLIONS of dollars a year and pay their employees PEANUTS for what they could pay and don't treat them well. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Pays at least $12.50 an hour to start.
Cons
Bad work experience! Too much drama from the higher ups. Very disorganized!
Desk services, Cook
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 11, 2018
I did a lot off desk relation, like Cashier, to setting up shoe, to running the sound board. Along with making sure the cooking station is well stock, and on the fly any time league bowlers or anybody else needed anything. Management was cool, every thing a joy to work for.
Brusnwick Corporation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILMay 7, 2018
Unless you are a high level employee, don't expect job security, good pay increases or any other perks. Managers are put in place who do not have the qualifications to lead the departments they are responsible for.
Cons
2 week vacation unless you are higher up or negotiate an extra week. If you do negotiate, don't expect anymore until you are here 15 years. Policiess don't apply to corporate HR.
Great Culture. Great Benefits. Great Company.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
I have nothing negative to say about Brunswick. It's a great company with a lot of opportunity for growth. The company also has amazing benefits. Including: 401k and match, great health, bonus and merit increases etc.
Customer Service - Lowell, MI
Sales/Customer Service Attwood (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIApril 16, 2018
Very poorly managed, especially the customer service department. HR and the president could careless even though they have been told time & time again by several different employees. Very high turnover rate due to management issues. Benefits are okay except for the health insurance, very high out of pocket before they cover anything. My co-workers were wonderful if only the higher-ups would have taken their employees complaint seriously.
The Brunswick Culture
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILApril 13, 2018
Brunswick has the best company culture that you can look for with a large employer. The company rewards their employees with generous time off, stock options, yearly merit increases and solid medical benefits. The atmosphere is inviting and filled with hard working leaders and employees who truly have a team player attitude.
Pros
New Office, Flavored Water Machines, Company Gym
Cons
I do not have Cons to list
Strategic Commodity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 8, 2018
At the time of my employment, Brunswick was a fortune 500 company. It has been sold off and is now retained as a smaller business. I think the atmosphere is now different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunswick Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight